Wouldn’t it be great...

iwan073

Wouldn’t it be great...

Post by iwan073 »

...if there was a module in the store which would let you pick a tractor and a piece of equipment and it would tell you if the two where compatible or not?

The module could tell you if the tractor has enough horsepower to pull that piece of equipment and if you’d need a front weight or not. And if so, how heavy it would have to be.

Maybe FS 21?
Ignorance is bliss
Dexzilla

Re: Wouldn’t it be great...

Post by Dexzilla »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:11 pm in the store all the hp requirements and specs are listed. Im not sure why you need something else to tell you its compatible
yeah, but the instore HP requirement figures in the store can be way off (over), so this would have a use.
Some stuff will work fine with way less than stated, some will work, but a little slower, though still potentially saving time and money for you.
I just buy everything (on the stupid rich farm) and see what works out if I am not sure.
At least 19 will let us see what vehicle mods look like before we buy, that's some progress..! :)
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

I think its to time consuming to put such much time in this which havent that big of priority. As someone already said, in the description on each tractor or implement it isnt so much hard to identify which implement can be used on which tractor.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:11 pm in the store all the hp requirements and specs are listed. Im not sure why you need something else to tell you its compatible
Sure. But tippers don’t show HP requirements for instance.

And front weights are hardly ever needed in game. But tractors in real life pretty much always carry them.
So I was more thinking; even though not really needed in game, what front weight would one put on their tractor for this or that equipment?

Same with tires/wheels... in game it don’t matter what’s on the tractor, but what would be best to run in real life with that combination? So you can simulate it in game.
Ignorance is bliss
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 pm
Sure. But tippers don’t show HP requirements for instance.

And front weights are hardly ever needed in game. But tractors in real life pretty much always carry them.
So I was more thinking; even though not really needed in game, what front weight would one put on their tractor for this or that equipment?

Same with tires/wheels... in game it don’t matter what’s on the tractor, but what would be best to run in real life with that combination? So you can simulate it in game.
If you play with More Realistic all these things do matter. Setting these configurations correctly for particular jobs can make the difference between working fine and not working at all. It is a remarkably fun way to play. No more slapping whatever on whatever and roaring up a hill.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

In the newer DLC there has been a weight recommendation so i'm sure this will continue.
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

I know I've been caught out before with different implements/tippers and their "connection" to the tractor (3 point, tow bar, the other tow bar one I can't think of the name etc)

Like most things in FS17- it's a case of trial and error or youtube !
FS17 on XBone
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Or YouTube yeah :D
Ignorance is bliss