Direction selection

varkoog

Direction selection

Post by varkoog »

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to select which way a hired worker must turn on a land while eg. sowing or harvesting?
I usually start one at the side end of the field and one in the middle of a field, hoping the worker in the middle would turn away from the worker on the side, but alas, not always. They meet up somewhere stuck at the blocking message. Adding a direction selection will make multiple workers a very viable option without babysitting them until their first turnaround.

If there is no option like this, please consider it as a patch option for the current FS17 and for the already pre-ordered FS19 :D
(Like holding left or right arrow while pressing H. It might even be a selector in the info box (F1) to select the turning direction, like on trailers with the tipping for rear or sides.)

Love the game,
Varkoog
Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
Guil

Re: Direction selection

Post by Guil »

An easier way is start the one in the middle and after he turns then start the other at the opposite side.
varkoog

Post by varkoog »

Guil wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:01 pm An easier way is start the one in the middle and after he turns then start the other at the opposite side.
It's not an easier way, it's the same; You still have to babysit them.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

You cannot say "it's the same" when a method to address the issue you identified was offered, especially one that outright addresses the issue at hand.

Sure, it might require a little extra attention on your part (but less than setting both off and waiting for a collision) - but still sounds like a better solution than your original "hope for the best" approach.

That being said, great recommendation with having the option to specify the first turn direction for a helper (because their edge detection will address future turns). :)
varkoog

Post by varkoog »

varkoog wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:33 am Adding a direction selection will make multiple workers a very viable option without babysitting them until their first turnaround.
Of course it's the same, you have to babysit until the first turn, read what I wrote before.

let me spell it out:
I want to start the worker, select which way he must turn and go on assigning work to other workers. That way I can have not just two, but much more without them randomly going where they want to and creating posts like this.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I understand what you are asking for. I understand the benefit it would offer (and agree!). Maybe I read too much into how badly this is affecting your gameplay experience (though your aggressive response reinforces my original thoughts)?
varkoog

Post by varkoog »

I do apologize, I did not mean to sound aggressive. :oops:
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

I have found that if a worker has a choice of which way to turn at the end of a run he will usually turn right. Try working on this basis for the guy in the middle and see if it helps.
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
varkoog

Post by varkoog »

Dexzilla wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:30 pm I have found that if a worker has a choice of which way to turn at the end of a run he will usually turn right. Try working on this basis for the guy in the middle and see if it helps.
Will try that tonight, thanks *thumbsup*
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

I've noticed that they will also go the side of the field with more land, maybe start him just to the side of center, or usually what i do is start one at each side and when i see the message i move one to the next field, the other finishes in that time and i move that equipment
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I thought they went to the side with less land, At least the last time I paid attention to it they did.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Have you tried courseplay?
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
crash

Post by crash »

the worker will always turn to the side which they "see" land, if the drive onto an angled headland/Field border, the implement will loose contact With the already worked ground and they will turn to unworked ground. so start the worker on the side With the shortest passes. or narrowest end if you will..

Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

It might be the side with least land, to be honest I don't use them often so I might have gotten it confused, and @crash that makes a lot of sense I'll have to keep that in mind.
varkoog

Post by varkoog »

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys, greatly appreciated. I would still prefer an option to select the first turn direction myself, even if it is fixed at eg. first turn left always. In that way I can start 5 workers spaced out on a large field, (starting at the right end of the field) knowing they would do their job right and I can carry on with forestry or assigning jobs to other workers. I love the large scale farming and the management behind it. This was just to save time and not wait for the first turn. Some fields are huge and the wait can be really long. This would add some extra realism in an already awesome game.
I am looking at Courseplay but it seems overkill for just a left or right turn :P

Question: Is there someone that can make a "direction selection" mod like that for me? Please :?: