PC PS4 controller

tommo83

PC PS4 controller

Post by tommo83 »

Hi I’ve been playing on PS4 and like the ease of the controller. I’m thinking of upgrading to pc but like chilling on the sofa without having to mess around too much with a mouse and keyboard. Does anyone else on here use a PS4 controller on pc. One of the main reasons to go on pc is the follow me mod (love a farm convoy 😀 thanks in advance
Guil

Re: PC PS4 controller

Post by Guil »

Yes I did for a while but it doesn't always work smoothly. You need software called ds4windows which emulates an Xbox controller. In the end I just bought a wired Xbox one controller for ease of use.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Xbox controller maybe more easy to set up and use.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Yes, I use my PS4 controller on PC all the time. For a while it did work natively for some games (Gold Rush), just plug & play, without using ds4windows but then Microsoft seemed to make a change to Win10 forcing the use of the software and having to edit the registry a little. Main hardship now is the in-game prompts come up with the XBox style buttons and you have to translate them but you get used to it. Works really well, I do have an XBox controller I could use but I much prefer the PS controller layout.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

For ease if use, buy an Xbox one controller and just link it through Blue tooth. Be aware you'll still need to use a keyboard for a fair few PC mods.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Goose66 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:42 pm For ease if use, buy an Xbox one controller and just link it through Blue tooth. Be aware you'll still need to use a keyboard for a fair few PC mods.
Cheers. Like the said the main mod I’ll be using on the pc is the follow me mod. After that it’s just being able to have a load more bales aswell. I think I could get to grips with an Xbox controller 😀
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Once you see how many mods PC has, you’ll be using a lot more lol
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Garion

Post by Garion »

This is the controller I use. No software required and works good. Closest thing I've found to a PS controller. *thumbsup*
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
crash

Post by crash »

im using steam, and a cabled ps4 ds4 workes great. the only trouble i get is if i use a mod that has key bindings that isent in FS for consoles.. but thath can be fixed, i now turn on and of gps, and turn on the auto steering With the Controller. the adjustments i do With the keyboard for the ease of it, and its a lot of key bindings to set, so i dont bother..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Awesome thanks guys. Looks like a pc will be this years early Christmas present. Now to find a pc haha
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

tommo83 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 pm Awesome thanks guys. Looks like a pc will be this years early Christmas present. Now to find a pc haha
I also bought a cheap DS-style controller (I think it is a Logitech and cost $20) for the kid that is Windows compatible and works perfectly plug and play on PC. Holding it up next to a PlayStation controller I can't really see what the difference is between the two so if you're used to that I think you probably have lots of options for a similar experience on PC without much hassle.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I use my PS4 controller for playing FS all the time on PC, no problem. You don't need the third party ds4Windows software anymore since Windows now supports the PS4 controller natively. The only issue I have is that bluetooth and windows can be quite temperamental.

I was a long time FS player on the PS4 and upgraded to PC earlier this year. If you seriously love the game then PC is really where its at. Its just such a different experience.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

Mobias wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:00 am I use my PS4 controller for playing FS all the time on PC, no problem. You don't need the third party ds4Windows software anymore since Windows now supports the PS4 controller natively. The only issue I have is that bluetooth and windows can be quite temperamental.

I was a long time FS player on the PS4 and upgraded to PC earlier this year. If you seriously love the game then PC is really where its at. Its just such a different experience.
hi ive upgraded totally agree its a different experience,
trevor699

Post by trevor699 »

Xbox controller maybe more easy to set up and use.