Post Drivers For FS19

ccpro2003

Post Drivers For FS19

Post by ccpro2003 »

I have come to think upon needing post drivers in FS19 as we are able to create our own farms and I think this would be a great way to create the fences, what are everyone's thoughts on this topic? Should they be in or not?
ccpro2003

Re: Post Drivers For FS19

Post by ccpro2003 »

I was thinking along the lines of an MF 420 which I have a lot of experience working and are very easy to use and would seem easy to create for the game
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I think dynamic fences (placeable posts, run fencing between) are an awesome aspiration, using a combination of the existing placeable mechanism and some scripting that has been created by modders for winches/cranes/etc.

That being said though, unsure what the level of effort would be, and without knowing that, it is difficult to determine whether or not implementation would be worth the effort required (under the pretenses that it would likely come at the expense of something else).

We also need to consider how many people will actually spend the time required to use this feature over the course of their gameplay, and not have it become "one more tedious task" for those others who are not interested (but still want to have customizable fencing).

Personally? I never assume that anything will be "easy" when it comes to software - it leads to much less disappointment! As well, I try to avoid drawing direct analogs between how well something works (or doesn't) in real-life and how it will work in a videogame. Just look at all the discussion surrounding the configuration of the crane controls in FS!
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:42 pm I think youre asking for something that is way too tedious and complicated for a simulator game of this type
Maybe in fs 21 as a survival mode where all the realistic and things like this and others things like repair fences, potholes.