Can I Make a New Field from Cleared Land?

Farmie2018

Can I Make a New Field from Cleared Land?

Post by Farmie2018 »

Hi,

Before I go to all the effort I thought I'd ask... If I clear a piece of land of trees and stumps, can I plow it and make a new field that will grow crops?

Thanks,

F.
BigC92

Re: Can I Make a New Field from Cleared Land?

Post by BigC92 »

Yes, you can, make sure you have the plow set to Allow To Create Field. You can make anywhere a field.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Just don’t leave stumps in the field you’ll see the very easily after you plow if you’ve missed any
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Thanks guys, that's awesome! I know of plenty of places I can make fields. Great and cheap way to boost the bottom line.

F.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Heads up,

Any bushes/shrubs etc in the area can not be cleared.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

Any where you can mow the grass can be turned into fields too. Like most of Sosnovka map...
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

W1der wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:34 pm Heads up,

Any bushes/shrubs etc in the area can not be cleared.
This can be particularly troublesome on mod maps where quite a lot of foliage won't plow under (in some cases even stuff that just looks like grass).

Also beware of slightly undulating land (very common in default grassy areas) - these bumps will cause cultivating/sowing equipment to skip around and leave unworked spots of land all over the field.

If you're really into creating fields or extending them then try out Estancia Lapacho or The Valley The Old Farm (mod map) as bushes & shrubs can be removed on these maps.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

A lot of bushes I have found are actually buried trees, I found these on lone oak and upper lusatia. With the xylor pointed down at the ground it is possible to remove these with patience
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Thanks All!

I've also noticed that I'm not able to use Courseplay for custom fields I've created because it seems the mod is looking for a field name, which I am unable to generate.

Thoughts anyone? Am I wrong or overlooking something?

Thanks,

F.