Crashing when exiting game temporarily

jfrank0619

Crashing when exiting game temporarily

Post by jfrank0619 »

On xbox one when I leave the game without exiting to go to the menu or something like YouTube. The screen goes black and the xbox turns off...it will not turn back on I have to unplug and when it powers back on reboots to the green Xbox screen and I have to open the game all over again. She's anyone know what this means? Its NOT the system because it did the same thing on a new purchased system. Anyone have this happen or have any ideas why this happens?
Dexzilla

Re: Crashing when exiting game temporarily

Post by Dexzilla »

I get this too, a full reboot required but I don't need to unplug. I think maybe it is just too much for the Xbox so avoid leaving FS running to do youtube. It handles switching to upload studio and back OK though. I don't think this used to happen, could even be a mod issue, but I don't know..?
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

I've been having similar issues recently too. Decided I don't care as fs19 is so close and I've been playing Forza horizon 4. Would like a go at shamrock valley, but can't see it coming much before 19 now. Anyway, yes there seems to be some sort of issue....
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
barten33

Post by barten33 »

I’ve been recently having the same problem. The machine shuts down completely. Most of the time it’ll automatically restart, but like you, I’ve got to load the game all over again. It’s only been happening for the last few weeks. No problems for the previous two years. No other game does this, and it’s not just from YouTube. Moving to any other program, even Xbox Store and app search or settings and the same thing happens. I’ll keep you posted if I can find a fix.

Nice to know I’m not the only one, though I’m sorry you’re also having this annoyance.
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

How full is you HD. I fired up an XBone with little installed and don't get the issue on that one? But yes is a recent issue in any case.
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Hold up! I posted this exact thing a couple weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=897&t=128588&p=1015470& ... g#p1015470

Mine is doing the same thing, but it's doing it with all games, not just FS. I can play as long as I want to with no issues. If I go back to the dashboard and try to "resume" a game, the xbox shuts off completely. If I quit and relaunch, it's fine. :confusednew:

From the responses I got, I thought maybe my hard drive was getting ready to stuff out but all of our's can't be dying at the same time can they?

I'm not sure if it's in my head or not, but it seems like it takes longer to load sometimes than it did before.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
barten33

Post by barten33 »

HD is at 48%. YouTube seems to cause it more reliably than other apps. It doesn’t happen every time, but more than it should.

XBOX HD Illuminati?
Deutz man 555

Post by Deutz man 555 »

I emailed Microsoft about this happening to me and the reply I got was there's a fault with the latest update to the you tube app and they are working to resolve it. If I do not use my you tube app I have no problems atol. As soon as I use the app for anything it will crash my Xbox as soon as I start to play fs17. Hope this helps.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

Deutz man 555 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:50 am I emailed Microsoft about this happening to me and the reply I got was there's a fault with the latest update to the you tube app and they are working to resolve it.
It's not just the latest update. I uninstalled it months ago as it constantly crashed my Xbox one. It works fine on the 360 though. There are a lot of platforms Google would prefer you not to watch YouTube on, and they have no incentive to optimize the app on those platforms.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

You I got the perfect man for this, I swear this kid has 500 hours on youtube xbox, I'll talk to him to see
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
barten33

Post by barten33 »

I was wondering if it was YouTube that was causing the issue. I did a semi-scientific test of it today after work. Rather than just relying on my anecdotal experience - that's usually pretty inaccurate. Turns out it DOES happen to more games than just FS17. I also toyed with using the quick home menu (when you're in YouTube, press Xbox button) and choosing to "quit" the app. That does not seem to help the situation at all. Hopefully the update for YT happens soon. It's not really a big deal, but is surely an annoying inconvenience.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm going to try to delete the Youtube app and see if that helps. I'm playing a lot of Kerbal Space Program and that game takes honestly like 5 mins to load from a fresh start. Gets annoying.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

According to my friend the youtube app is causing huge issues rn. When you open the youtube app it tries to keep the game running and run the yt app which is too much for the xbox to handle or something and it literally just dies
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Solved! I deleted the Youtube app and it's fine now. Really disappointing because I watched a lot of youtube on the xbox.

I didn't try quitting the the Youtube app and going back to the game. I may do some more experimenting but I'm very happy my console isn't dying (yet).