Field start up crop change

sbtfan

Field start up crop change

Post by sbtfan »

Hello. I was wondering how o you change a fields start up crop when creating a new map? For example, a field is corn by default but I want it to be wheat when starting a new game. I’ve looked through every xml file and attributes in ge and don’t see anything about field states. Thank you.
BostonJohnny1226

Re: Field start up crop change

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

You would have to paint the field with the crop in GE
sbtfan

Post by sbtfan »

I did try that. It still starts the game with the original crop. I’m guessing it is associated with the missions assigned to those fields?
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

One of the things this mod does is allow you to alter field crop with the push of a button.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017

I would imagine you need to start game, use mod to make changes, then save game. Now always start with that save.
Steam: GIJoe597
Retiree who enjoys video games.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Yeah Creator tools does that as well as changing to plowed, cultivated, fert etc etc
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
sbtfan

Post by sbtfan »

Does the npc info have anything to do with that? I wonder if it is a mission thing. Maybe I need to remove missions and just create new fields with what I want. I used sosnovka as my starting map so what was originally stored on that map is what is growing on startup.
sbtfan

Post by sbtfan »

GIJoe597 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 pm One of the things this mod does is allow you to alter field crop with the push of a button.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017

I would imagine you need to start game, use mod to make changes, then save game. Now always start with that save.
I do have creator tools and that would work. But what if I upload my map and want the fields set to something else for someone who does not have that mod?
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

They do not need the mod installed. Once you change, then save it. That is the current condition of the map. If you upload or share it with someone else it will stay as you changed it.

EDIT: On re-reading your text, I am not certain I understood the question correctly.
sbtfan

Post by sbtfan »

GIJoe597 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:48 pm They do not need the mod installed. Once you change, then save it. That is the current condition of the map. If you upload or share it with someone else it will stay as you changed it.

On re-reading your text, I am not certain I understood the question correctly.
Ok. I will give that a try. Thank you!
GIJoe597

Post by GIJoe597 »

You are welcome.