COURSE PLAY FS19 CONSOLE

iLLBill606

Re: COURSE PLAY FS19 CONSOLE

Post by iLLBill606 »

AgPro Farms wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 am
BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:00 am
iLLBill606 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 pm Seasons came in 17, Chopped straw and JD are coming in 19. All were to never come to console, yet they did! I heard a rumor, course play was being worked to come to all platforms soon! FS19?, maybe.... what are the chances?
The only reason JD is coming to console is because GIANTS have the license for it.

Seasons on the console is actually pretty bad compared to PC.

Don’t see the big deal with courseplay to be honest. It’s a mod I’ve never really used. Maybe if the console players whine enough like they do, then who knows.

FS on the Console is so limited compared to the PC version I can’t even get the urge to play it on my PS4 it’s that bad...
SOME console players. Not all.
AGREEED!
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

TallPaul003 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am
TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:25 pm
iLLBill606 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 pm Seasons came in 17, Chopped straw and JD are coming in 19. All were to never come to console, yet they did! I heard a rumor, course play was being worked to come to all platforms soon! FS19?, maybe.... what are the chances?
R2 says the odds are 750 to 1.
Never tell me the odds ;)

As cool as Courseplay would be for console, I doubt I'd use it as I like doing the work not just being a farm manager. Now FollowMe on the other hand... !
HAHA, I AGREE!
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

Even just better AI would be nice! Maybe 2 options for hired workers! Do the the outline of the field and work your way in! or, just the regular straight up and down option would do wonders! Follow me would be HUGE!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

There's two game changing things I think course play is indispensable for. The first is transporting grain to the sell points, I always used to find this utterly tedious on console, and the second is setting it up to collect grain from the combine. There's something really satisfying about seeing a tractor and trailer trundling after your combine and take the grain away to the farm. It really makes the game seem more alive, as well as being a real time saver. Its just so different to the console experience there.

I tend not to use course play for much else. As others have said the whole thing very quickly becomes more of a farm management game once you start setting up course play to do many of the other farm work tasks.

Follow me I don't massively use. Occasionally it can be quite useful. Its one of those mods thats very useful when you need it but most of the time I don't bother with it. Like with course play I can't really imagine how they could make it work on console, not in its current form anyway.

The one mod I find really useful which I think could be made to work on console is the tardis reset mod. That mod has been quite game changing for me. It just makes life so much easier when you're setting up your farm. You no longer have to drive vehicles all over the map. I know some people may think it makes you lazy and takes some of the more mundane fun of driving all over the place out of the game but honestly not everyone enjoys that part of FS. I don't much. Also, some maps that have narrow gates and tight angles become almost unplayable with certain combinations of trailers, implements or combine headers. The tardis mod just instantly removes all frustration from the game. Giants should definitely work at bringing this mod to console.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Mobias wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:41 pm There's two game changing things I think course play is indispensable for. The first is transporting grain to the sell points, I always used to find this utterly tedious on console, and the second is setting it up to collect grain from the combine. There's something really satisfying about seeing a tractor and trailer trundling after your combine and take the grain away to the farm. It really makes the game seem more alive, as well as being a real time saver. Its just so different to the console experience there.

I tend not to use course play for much else. As others have said the whole thing very quickly becomes more of a farm management game once you start setting up course play to do many of the other farm work tasks.

Follow me I don't massively use. Occasionally it can be quite useful. Its one of those mods thats very useful when you need it but most of the time I don't bother with it. Like with course play I can't really imagine how they could make it work on console, not in its current form anyway.

The one mod I find really useful which I think could be made to work on console is the tardis reset mod. That mod has been quite game changing for me. It just makes life so much easier when you're setting up your farm. You no longer have to drive vehicles all over the map. I know some people may think it makes you lazy and takes some of the more mundane fun of driving all over the place out of the game but honestly not everyone enjoys that part of FS. I don't much. Also, some maps that have narrow gates and tight angles become almost unplayable with certain combinations of trailers, implements or combine headers. The tardis mod just instantly removes all frustration from the game. Giants should definitely work at bringing this mod to console.
I use Follow Me all the time.

I’ll use it to bale straw while I’m in the combine or windrow the grass while I cut it. Even have a tractor and baler behind that. Also to move equipment from field to field etc.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Follow me would be the most useful I think. Course plays fine but with a bit of setting up your workers can do a decent job.

in respect of Tardis mod and Mobias comments above about narrow gates etc. - I suspect your equipment is too big for the map - you maybe need to downsize a bit !!:)
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I did play one uk map although I can’t remember which one where the combine was too wide to get through the gate with the header and there was no room in the field to leave the header trailer on the field where it wasn’t on the crop.

Had to attach the header then reset the trailer, then reset the header to get out of the field 😆
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm I did play one uk map although I can’t remember which one where the combine was too wide to get through the gate with the header and there was no room in the field to leave the header trailer on the field where it wasn’t on the crop.

Had to attach the header then reset the trailer, then reset the header to get out of the field 😆
In my days of playing on console I remember tearing my hair out getting even small header trailers caught on gates, knocking the header off, and having to reset things to somewhere, inevitably on the other side of the map.

I think my point is really that the tardis mod is an incredibly useful mod when you need it and I would have thought some sort of version of it would be workable on console.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I agree it would be handy for certain situations, I was just recalling a time it would have helped me out 👍🏻
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I couldn't imagine them putting the amount of effort it would take to implement that on console for something that allows people to skip playing the game completely.

We are lucky we can even hire workers for specific tasks.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'd take a dumbed-down version of GPS and autotractor/autocombine over course play. Never used it on PC and never wanted it on console.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

I used it on PC. And always found myself just sitting there waiting to send the next vehicle off. I'd much rather have a version of follow me or something similar to get my harvester, augers wagon, semi combos where they need to go. I'd be ok with GPS too. I'm also ok without any of it tbh. Would really love a pig feed mixer though and the ability to make money on pigs. I dont see how taking separate trailers of several kings of food to the trough is realistic. Our pigs produced at 100% on ground corn and *** irl back un the day.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

What about AI extension maybe?
That allows helpers to work on any shaped field which would be a big benefit.
Would not need all the controls that Courseplay has either, just on or off probably.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Yep that one would be good. Bunch of meaningless chatter though it's the same thing this time around. If it's a script not in the game it isn't coming to console. Hopefully we dont have to rehash it all through the next game. Something tells me we will though.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Preble 818 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 am Yep that one would be good. Bunch of meaningless chatter though it's the same thing this time around. If it's a script not in the game it isn't coming to console. Hopefully we dont have to rehash it all through the next game. Something tells me we will though.
But it will be. That horse has been beaten ever since the console version got mods....
the big print giveth the small print taketh