COURSE PLAY FS19 CONSOLE

iLLBill606

COURSE PLAY FS19 CONSOLE

Post by iLLBill606 »

Seasons came in 17, Chopped straw and JD are coming in 19. All were to never come to console, yet they did! I heard a rumor, course play was being worked to come to all platforms soon! FS19?, maybe.... what are the chances?
Mobias

Re: COURSE PLAY FS19 CONSOLE

Post by Mobias »

Chopped straw would be quite simple to bring to console and even Seasons would probably have been a relatively straightforward conversion. In its current form the chances are really slim of course play coming to console. Course play is a complicated mod to use in so far as you need and mouse and keyboard to set it up. Course play and follow me both need multiple keyboard shortcuts. Its pretty much impossible to see how they could make it work with a console controller. Course play is a fantastic mod once you've got it set up doing what its supposed to be doing but it can also have a mind of its own and it can be really frustrating. Sadly its one of those mods that I can only see staying on PC.

If its true that Giants haven't made any great developments for the worker AI in FS-19 I can't see how they've managed to bring course play to the base game across all platforms.

Course play, follow me and the tardis mod are the three really useful mods that console players really miss out on and at the same time show up the limitations of FS on the Playstation and Xbox.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

iLLBill606 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 pm Seasons came in 17, Chopped straw and JD are coming in 19. All were to never come to console, yet they did! I heard a rumor, course play was being worked to come to all platforms soon! FS19?, maybe.... what are the chances?
R2 says the odds are 750 to 1.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

iLLBill606 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 pm Seasons came in 17, Chopped straw and JD are coming in 19. All were to never come to console, yet they did! I heard a rumor, course play was being worked to come to all platforms soon! FS19?, maybe.... what are the chances?
The only reason JD is coming to console is because GIANTS have the license for it.

Seasons on the console is actually pretty bad compared to PC.

Don’t see the big deal with courseplay to be honest. It’s a mod I’ve never really used. Maybe if the console players whine enough like they do, then who knows.

FS on the Console is so limited compared to the PC version I can’t even get the urge to play it on my PS4 it’s that bad...
the big print giveth the small print taketh
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:00 am
The only reason JD is coming to console is because GIANTS have the license for it.

Don’t see the big deal with courseplay to be honest. It’s a mod I’ve never really used. Maybe if the console players whine enough like they do, then who knows.

FS on the Console is so limited compared to the PC version I can’t even get the urge to play it on my PS4 it’s that bad...
SOME console players. Not all.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

AgPro Farms wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:29 am

SOME console players. Not all.
*thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Seasons on console is identical to the PC version as far as I can see.
Deora

Post by Deora »

I've never used course play on the PC, but i've used Follow Me. Now i play FS17 on PS4 and i really miss the Follow Me mod. Would be awesome if there would be some kind of Follow Me for PS4/XB1
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Course play doesn’t really interest me for console, I would quite like follow me though.

But I can happily live without 👍🏻
TallPaul003

Post by TallPaul003 »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:25 pm
R2 says the odds are 750 to 1.
Never tell me the odds ;)

As cool as Courseplay would be for console, I doubt I'd use it as I like doing the work not just being a farm manager. Now FollowMe on the other hand... !
FS17 on XBone
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

I've never used the CoursePlay being on console. I could see it being useful for me during harvest tho. Sometimes I want to run the combine, and not always be the one to chase with the graint cart. Ha. I could see the Follow Me mod being useful at harvest too when it comes to bringing a combine, grain cart, and 2 trucks to the field. Also, when it comes time to dump 2 full trucks or while selling grain. They would both be cool to have or maybe a more "simplified" version for consoles, sure. By no means a deal breaker for me tho.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I really want follow me, course play would be very hard to make for console
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

+1 for Follow Me

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

Mobias wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 pm Chopped straw would be quite simple to bring to console and even Seasons would probably have been a relatively straightforward conversion. In its current form the chances are really slim of course play coming to console. Course play is a complicated mod to use in so far as you need and mouse and keyboard to set it up. Course play and follow me both need multiple keyboard shortcuts. Its pretty much impossible to see how they could make it work with a console controller. Course play is a fantastic mod once you've got it set up doing what its supposed to be doing but it can also have a mind of its own and it can be really frustrating. Sadly its one of those mods that I can only see staying on PC.

If its true that Giants haven't made any great developments for the worker AI in FS-19 I can't see how they've managed to bring course play to the base game across all platforms.

Course play, follow me and the tardis mod are the three really useful mods that console players really miss out on and at the same time show up the limitations of FS on the Playstation and Xbox.
You can use a keyboard on console, so you can make it to only be accessible with a keyboard as a secondary controller! But yes, i agree! it is a complex mod. Follow me would be easier maybe, but the AI in FS is terrible. rather have options. do the outline of the field and work your way in. or straight up and down! that way when you are trying to have multiple workers on the field, maybe they can work in circles(outline) and work inwards or have one do headlands, and the other go straight up and down tell the headlands are done
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

has ZERO to do with whinning! i have both console and PC. The mods on console are just more trust worthy! i do iracing on PC and have been more of a console guy for FS! just stating the AI *censored* is all. and like i said earlier. maybe have 2 options.. straight up and down like you do now or do the outline of the field and work your way in!