COURSE PLAY FS19 CONSOLE

BreadedVirus

Re: COURSE PLAY FS19 CONSOLE

Post by BreadedVirus »

BullFarmer wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:47 am What about AI extension maybe?
That allows helpers to work on any shaped field which would be a big benefit.
Would not need all the controls that Courseplay has either, just on or off probably.
AI extension is brilliant.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
BATMAN_1984

Post by BATMAN_1984 »

Why is it so difficult to allow the harvester to unload on the outside. My harvester goes down and back. It difficult to unload while the auger pipe is pointed toward the crop. I do not like starting in the center of my field. It makes for way too much cleanup. I'm double working everything trying to keep up. I play Xbox one. Put simply my buddy plays on PC. He has both folow me and corse play .We need follow me and corse play. for one my harvester and plow and planter will all go around the field clock wise. Makes harvesting a whole lot easier. It also allows for me to set a vehicle to follow my harvester around. Fill up and then set a course for it to go unload. I feel it would be nice if we could have this on console.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

It's "difficult" as it is not on the PS4 scripts for FS17 (Xbox allows it, but Giants will not have two different console versions).
FS19 ****could**** be different, but Giants chose it not to be different.

And honestly...if you are complaining about a cosmetic difference, it's not worth complaining about. And yes, the area you collect from is cosmetic. We're talking about a one minute (Quarter acre) collection point, and the game can be paused at any time.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

scott63 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 am It's "difficult" as it is not on the PS4 scripts for FS17 (Xbox allows it, but Giants will not have two different console versions).
how do you know that giants chose it not to be different for fs 19 seeing as by your profile name you don't work for them and there is this from a site that has confirned features and under other things it has.

Giants are talking to the Courseplay developers. Not for integration, but for compatibility.

so only time will tell if console get's it or not.

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Mobias wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 pm Chopped straw would be quite simple to bring to console and even Seasons would probably have been a relatively straightforward conversion. In its current form the chances are really slim of course play coming to console. Course play is a complicated mod to use in so far as you need and mouse and keyboard to set it up. Course play and follow me both need multiple keyboard shortcuts. Its pretty much impossible to see how they could make it work with a console controller. Course play is a fantastic mod once you've got it set up doing what its supposed to be doing but it can also have a mind of its own and it can be really frustrating. Sadly its one of those mods that I can only see staying on PC.

If its true that Giants haven't made any great developments for the worker AI in FS-19 I can't see how they've managed to bring course play to the base game across all platforms.

Course play, follow me and the tardis mod are the three really useful mods that console players really miss out on and at the same time show up the limitations of FS on the Playstation and Xbox.
It was actually a massive deal and a hell of a lot of work to get Seasons to work on the console version.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:00 am
iLLBill606 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:03 pm Seasons came in 17, Chopped straw and JD are coming in 19. All were to never come to console, yet they did! I heard a rumor, course play was being worked to come to all platforms soon! FS19?, maybe.... what are the chances?
The only reason JD is coming to console is because GIANTS have the license for it.

Seasons on the console is actually pretty bad compared to PC.

Don’t see the big deal with courseplay to be honest. It’s a mod I’ve never really used. Maybe if the console players whine enough like they do, then who knows.

FS on the Console is so limited compared to the PC version I can’t even get the urge to play it on my PS4 it’s that bad...
In what way is it bad?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

ace54858 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:24 pm
scott63 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:07 am It's "difficult" as it is not on the PS4 scripts for FS17 (Xbox allows it, but Giants will not have two different console versions).
how do you know that giants chose it not to be different for fs 19 seeing as by your profile name you don't work for them and there is this from a site that has confirned features and under other things it has.

Giants are talking to the Courseplay developers. Not for integration, but for compatibility.

Stegei, the lead developer of the game has actually confirmed that the console version of FS19 will have the same limitations as FS17: viewtopic.php?f=893&t=129459&p=1024247#p1024247
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
iLLBill606

Post by iLLBill606 »

FOLLOW ME WOULD BE HUGE! BUT YES, COURSE PLAY ISNT THAT BIG OF A DEAL! I WAS MORE THINKING OF AN EXPANSION OF AI, LIKE SOMEONE ELSE STATED. LIKE HAVE A HIRED MAN DOING DOING THE OUTLINE OF THE FIELD AND WORKING INWARDS! THAT WOULD WORK GREAT WITH MULTIPLE WORKERS WORKING THE COMBINES AND MYSELF RUNNING THE CART!
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

iLLBill606 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:31 pm FOLLOW ME WOULD BE HUGE! BUT YES, COURSE PLAY ISNT THAT BIG OF A DEAL! I WAS MORE THINKING OF AN EXPANSION OF AI, LIKE SOMEONE ELSE STATED. LIKE HAVE A HIRED MAN DOING DOING THE OUTLINE OF THE FIELD AND WORKING INWARDS! THAT WOULD WORK GREAT WITH MULTIPLE WORKERS WORKING THE COMBINES AND MYSELF RUNNING THE CART!
And why to scream so much ....????
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

don_apple wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:31 pm
ace54858 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:24 pm

Stegei, the lead developer of the game has actually confirmed that the console version of FS19 will have the same limitations as FS17: viewtopic.php?f=893&t=129459&p=1024247#p1024247
I’m curious to know if that includes scripted mods for the console version of the game?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Yes
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

It seems like getting seasons on console might be the biggest mistake Giants ever made because now all I see on this forum is posts from people saying "Giants added seasons in FS17 so now they should have no problem adding [insert difficult to implement feature here] to FS19."

I've played all the simulation games that have been released on PS4 over the last year and none of come anywhere close to FS when it comes to adding features requested by players. Most take months just to add one or two new vehicles to their game, let alone adding a new feature (like adding new crop types, riding horses, a new graphics and lighting system, entirely new brands of equipment, etc.). Heck, some of them cannot even be bothered to dedicate the time or resources to fix game breaking bugs and are still to this day not working properly.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well Giants just added the basic essentials for the seasons mod, like snow mask for buildings, and possibly the main ingredients for the seasons mod to work, but Realism needs to convert the seasons mod to Fs19 as a mod for us to use it, i think people think seasons is in the base game, but its not, Giants just added the main ingredients for seasons is all they did.
Guil

Post by Guil »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:40 am Well Giants just added the basic essentials for the seasons mod, like snow mask for buildings, and possibly the main ingredients for the seasons mod to work, but Realism needs to convert the seasons mod to Fs19 as a mod for us to use it, i think people think seasons is in the base game, but its not, Giants just added the main ingredients for seasons is all they did.
Where are you getting this from and are you talking about fs17 or fs19?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Krd1749 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:14 am It seems like getting seasons on console might be the biggest mistake Giants ever made because now all I see on this forum is posts from people saying "Giants added seasons in FS17 so now they should have no problem adding [insert difficult to implement feature here] to FS19."

I've played all the simulation games that have been released on PS4 over the last year and none of come anywhere close to FS when it comes to adding features requested by players. Most take months just to add one or two new vehicles to their game, let alone adding a new feature (like adding new crop types, riding horses, a new graphics and lighting system, entirely new brands of equipment, etc.). Heck, some of them cannot even be bothered to dedicate the time or resources to fix game breaking bugs and are still to this day not working properly.
*thumbsup*