Tractor speeds

Wrongway

Tractor speeds

Post by Wrongway » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Starting on the Goldcrest Valley map from the beginning on an Xbox all three base tractors max out at 14 to 15 MPH full throttle. However if I turn on cruise control the speed increases to 24 MPH. I am sure my controller is ok. I don't think my controller has a fault. I have not played on Xbox before and can't check on PC as I don't have it installed at the moment.

Aholz89

Re: Tractor speeds

Post by Aholz89 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Is this while doing work with implement attached? Because there is limitations depending on which implement you use.
PS4 - Lone Oak

Wrongway

Post by Wrongway » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:59 pm

I was towing the default Metaltech empty. Though did test one of the other tractors nothing attached.

FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:30 pm

You should be able to test your controller on your PC using a calibration tool to see if you're getting 100% input on the trigger. I think this is what I did when I had the same problem with a PS4 controller. First noticed it in Ghost Recon Wildlands where acceleration is particularly sensitive to achieving 100% button depression but it also affected FS17 gameplay in the way you describe. Don't know how the Xbox controller is constructed but on PS4 there's a silicon piece behind the plastic trigger and it wears down over time.
PS4 Pro

Wrongway

Post by Wrongway » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Just been having another play and I don't think it's the controller. The axis show ok when used on a PC. But what's happening might be a bit clearer now. I did reach top speed matching what I was getting on cruise control but it took quite a while to get there. whereas the same run using the cruise control to accelerate it reaches the top speed much faster. I suppose what's not making sense is in the cruise control can whip it up to speed like it's doing then my right foot should be just as good if not better. Hope that makes sense :-)

Wrongway

Post by Wrongway » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Found it !!! I think I was in stupid mode. I am using an Elite controller with the Xbox and forgot there are two switches underneath that limit the range of the analogue triggers. Switch them over and it works fine giving full throttle range.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Dang... I need an elite controller... That sounds awesome.
RDR2