Milking Xbox players

thumbwiz

Milking Xbox players

Post by thumbwiz »

Pre-Order 66.99 basic, 119.99 premium Canadian for FS19 Xbox?
What makes Giants think they're a triple A company?
Given that all other versions have been copy/paste of the previous, I'll wait for reviews and a sale.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
aklein

Re: Milking Xbox players

Post by aklein »

The prices seem in line with the US xbox store after factoring in currency conversion. The price for base is higher than the steam price but I have to wonder how much of that is MS adding their share to each purchase. Also Giants uses Focus Interactive as the distribution partner so im sure Focus gets a cut and to some degree they may be suggesting pricing to Giants. To a third point you have the new licensing of JD and other new brands. How much is JD getting of every sale? I can assure you that JD is no slouch with milking money from their brand so they will be getting a % of each sale more than likely. Lastly we have the overall principle of supply and demand. With digital distribution the supply part is not so much a driving factor any more but demand sure is. It looks like in the US XBOX store FS17 is priced at $39.99 with 19 priced at $49.99 given the sales figures for 17 a $10 hike in price is likely not going to affect overall sale figures much while at the same time helping pay for some of the above mentioned licensing contracts and give Giants a well deserved profit.

Up to this point the thousands of man hours put into 19 has seen no reward and who knows how long it will take into a games release before it is technically profitable.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

But op is right, they are getting close to triple A prices, only $13 separates them from a game like forza horizon 4, battlefield V, or cod black ops 4. Also it really doesn't help that Canadians are getting the shaft for literally anything currency related...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

70 Canadian is around £40. That’s a great game price in UK for the amount of time you’d play it. Cheaper than a lot of other console releases. Bought the latest assassins creed and that was £48 for basic version.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've gotten more hours out of FS than ANY "triple A" title so the price is fine with me. But I'm also going to wait until the game is released and reviewed and seasons is converted.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I agree with Fenixguy & Goose66 - when you consider how much gameplay you get out of an FS title compared to other games I don't see it as unreasonable. The game has become way more popular and they've likely put more into this version than any previous one so the price can be justified. If you don't want to pay it though just wait until it comes up in a sale like I did with 17 (only had to wait until Jan after it released).

I am however more than a bit annoyed with Rockstar's RDR2 edition & pricing stance.
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

no, all other versions are not copy and past. There major differences between 13 and 15, and major differences between 17 and 19. the only protential copy/paste is 15 to 17, but even then theres decent differences.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

thumbwiz wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:41 am I'll wait for reviews and a sale.
Which is what everyone not getting a physical copy should do. Is the money burning a hole in your pocket if don't spend it now?
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Remember also there's more than likely to be a percentage taken from Xbox/PS with each sale, meaning the price has to be increased somewhat to get the return from it.

I also shadow the above. The pricing seems pretty inline with other games, and I'm more than happy to pay it, given the amount of play hours I'll inevitably get from it.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

Personally the price of the game isn't an issue for me, the £ per hour I play is minute over time. We pay more for games on console almost 100% that is life.
I will not be paying for a season pass though. I think Giants need to think more about the DLC. More tedders, etc isn't enough for cash in advance. I only paid for the Platinum DLC and have never used anything in it. That is personal of course, but that is my tuppence. I would have happily paid for the Classic Pack which has either been free and is now a mod, the irony..

The put Forza Horizon 4 out on Game Pass reliant on DLC sales to make up for all the purchase money they have forgone,. That seems to be the way the business model is going and if Giants want to take part in that and get my DLC money they need to do more for it.
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s