Particularly the official answer. Please.

eric21

Re: Particularly the official answer. Please.

Post by eric21 »

faruk9154 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:20 pm
eric21 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:59 pm Why do you think it will be delayed?
I wrote why I thought. Look up.
Again why?
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

my schedule is to go to Rwanda the 23. not much time to play fs19. will be in Dec before I can play... oh well. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Also, the gear system is never mentioned. It was officially announced. It's not coming?
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 am
BigC92 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 am Umm, the yesmods website said the AI has improved, as to how no one knows. Lis said the list is legit.
It was legit after FarmCon. It's an ever evolving list though so unless Lisertan checks it regularly (unlikely) then it could be off.

Either Lars or Martin did say the AI had improved slightly, but no major changes in that regard. Probably turn angles improved or object detection improvements, the sort of things that were tweaked with most/all of the FS17 patches.

It always bugged me that the AI often reverses, then drives a massive long arc to get to the next row, then reserves again. For things like ploughing it would be better to reverse in the first place, as most (in Europe at least) do anyway.

One AI improvement I would like that GIANTS could fairly easily implement (in FS17 at least) would to be able to leave a headland. There's already field edge detection, so in theory I imagine it would be fairly easy to just stop 6-10 metres or so from the edge. Half of the AI problems could be avoided with a headland. I don't mind finishing off a headland myself as you often have to clean up the headland with the FS17 AI anyway.

With FS17 it bugs me that things like ploughing, cultivating and seeding you need to do the headland first to keep the AI on track, the opposite to real life. Of the main FS tasks only combining and grass work you would do the headland first.
Yeah, that bugs the heck out of me as well, i really dont do headlands unless there's traffic, or if the turning around will effect my harvester.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

What about the vehicle wipers? No word from him.
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 am
BigC92 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 am Umm, the yesmods website said the AI has improved, as to how no one knows. Lis said the list is legit.
It was legit after FarmCon. It's an ever evolving list though so unless Lisertan checks it regularly (unlikely) then it could be off.

Either Lars or Martin did say the AI had improved slightly, but no major changes in that regard. Probably turn angles improved or object detection improvements, the sort of things that were tweaked with most/all of the FS17 patches.

It always bugged me that the AI often reverses, then drives a massive long arc to get to the next row, then reserves again. For things like ploughing it would be better to reverse in the first place, as most (in Europe at least) do anyway.

One AI improvement I would like that GIANTS could fairly easily implement (in FS17 at least) would to be able to leave a headland. There's already field edge detection, so in theory I imagine it would be fairly easy to just stop 6-10 metres or so from the edge. Half of the AI problems could be avoided with a headland. I don't mind finishing off a headland myself as you often have to clean up the headland with the FS17 AI anyway.

With FS17 it bugs me that things like ploughing, cultivating and seeding you need to do the headland first to keep the AI on track, the opposite to real life. Of the main FS tasks only combining and grass work you would do the headland first.
Must admit Gav the seeding aspect depends on what type of seed drill your using and the conditions your drilling into. When I'm helping out at my friends farm if we've ploughed a field and then power harrowed it we drill the headlands first as you don't want to run the headlalands down and be left with no tilth. Also as our 4m drill is equipped with tram lining equipment we do 6 times round the headland.
The drill puts the tram lines in on the third and fourth pass which leaves a tram line with a centre at 12 metres to allow for a 24metre sprayer. Basically the tram liner blocks off the seed to one coulter leaving a gap which can clearly be seen once the crop starts growing.
Admittedly we sometimes use a power harrow / drill combination where we do the headlands last. Obviously the power Harrow re generates the tilth on the run down headland.
As far as ploughing and cultivating are concerned these would mostly have the headland done last.
The only time I cultivate a headland first IRL would be if I'm doing it on some hard baked ploughing to make the headland turns a bit less choppy in the cab.
Years ago when we were still allowed to burn the straw after harvest we would plough round the headlands first to create a fire break. Even then,when you ploughed the rest of the field you wouldn't turn on the ploughed bit or you would end up breaking something.
Last edited by Maxxum 135 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Maxxum 135 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:22 am Must admit Gav the seeding aspect depends on what type of seed drill your using and the conditions your drilling into. When I'm helping out at my friends farm if we've ploughed a field and then power harrowed it we drill the headlands first as you don't want to run the headlalands down and be left with no tilth. Also as our 4m drill is equipped with tram lining equipment we do 6 times round the headland.
The drill puts the tram lines in on the third and fourth pass which leaves a tram line with a centre at 12 metres to allow for a 24metre sprayer. Basically the tram liner blocks off the seed to one coulter leaving a gap which can clearly be seen once the crop starts growing.
Admittedly we sometimes use a power harrow / drill combination where we do the headlands last. Obviously the power Harrow re generates the tilth on the run down headland.
That surprises me as I we (and everywhere around that I've noticed) have done it the other way - headlands last. That said we tend to do fields in one go, so you have ploughs, power harrows and drills all in at the same time, so you would have to do the headlands last really.

I suppose there are different ways of doing it depending on the type of ground and implements used. I won't feel so bad about having to do headlands first now!
Maxxum 135

Post by Maxxum 135 »

Hi Gav
I edited my post and added a bit more that may be of interest.
The big new no till drills, such as the Vaderstads, will quite happily put the seed straight into the ground in most conditions. Our Vicon air drill, very similar to the in game Kvernland just has conventional coulters which need a degree of tilth otherwise it just leaves the seed lying on the top.
We do sometimes put it on the back of the Mashio power harrow depending on the conditions in a particular year.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Lis said wipers are in I believe it’s also on the yesmods page with lis has helped make and keep accurate so we can keep checking it until release
Boddi

Post by Boddi »

Thanks @Gimli54 :hi: I try to keep the features post as accurate as possible. No speculation, only stuff that's confirmed by Giants. But I can't keep an eye on everything. There's no guarantee I've managed to cover everything mentioned here in the forums or on Discord.

Lis looked over the page a couple of times back in July. Since that, I've relied on the official Giants updates, like videos, fact sheets and dev blogs.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Boddi wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 am Thanks @Gimli54 :hi: I try to keep the features post as accurate as possible. No speculation, only stuff that's confirmed by Giants. But I can't keep an eye on everything. There's no guarantee I've managed to cover everything mentioned here in the forums or on Discord.

Lis looked over the page a couple of times back in July. Since that, I've relied on the official Giants updates, like videos, fact sheets and dev blogs.
Did you see the gear system and vehicle wipers have you seen it approved? Is there a link?
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Gimli54 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 pm Lis said wipers are in I believe it’s also on the yesmods page with lis has helped make and keep accurate so we can keep checking it until release
Is there a link? We also did not see the rusting of vehicles. :confusednew:
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulat ... -features/
There ya go faruk, and he has sections of stuff that is confirmed to be in game and stuff that is confirmed to not be in game
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Gimli54 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulat ... -features/
There ya go faruk, and he has sections of stuff that is confirmed to be in game and stuff that is confirmed to not be in game
Thank you brother.