[FS19]Steer using mouse/keyboard

Spitfire55

[FS19]Steer using mouse/keyboard

Post by Spitfire55 »

Hello All,

I've been watching some streamers over at twitch playing FS 17 and I think ive caught the Bug and wanting to pre-order FS19! *thumbsup*

I don't however have a steering wheel , can you steer using the mouse or if need be a keyboard where you can bind certain keys etc?

I used to play a Flight Sim and still have my Saitek Yoke if that would work ?
x3SGTEx

Re: [FS19]Steer using mouse/keyboard

Post by x3SGTEx »

Spitfire55 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm Hello All,

I've been watching some streamers over at twitch playing FS 17 and I think ive caught the Bug and wanting to pre-order FS19! *thumbsup*

I don't however have a steering wheel , can you steer using the mouse or if need be a keyboard where you can bind certain keys etc?

If you don't want to use a wheel, I'd just pick up a Xbox or PS4 controller.

Works flawlessly (mods dependent) with the keyboard binds.
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

You definitely can steer with the keyboard. It is a bit of an acquired skill since keyboard input is digital compared to analog from most controllers, which is particularly noticeable at higher vehicle speeds. The "Keyboard Steer" mod helps somewhat with this if keyboard is your only option.

Personally I drive with a MadCatz V1 joystick which I find great and easy to use and natively controls throttle and steering (plus the other 7 or 8 buttons can be bound to anything you want). I've also used a PlayStation-style controller made for PC which also worked very well out of the box. Either of these options are relatively cheap (like $25).

Wheel and pedal setups are very cool if you want to go that route but you definitely don't have to have one to enjoy the game.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I’m gonna have a pc along with console for 19 but plan on using a PS4 controller most of the time then keyboard for mods
Spitfire55

Post by Spitfire55 »

DirectCedar wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:18 am

You definitely can steer with the keyboard. It is a bit of an acquired skill since keyboard input is digital compared to analog from most controllers, which is particularly noticeable at higher vehicle speeds. The "Keyboard Steer" mod helps somewhat with this if keyboard is your only option.

Personally I drive with a MadCatz V1 joystick which I find great and easy to use and natively controls throttle and steering (plus the other 7 or 8 buttons can be bound to anything you want). I've also used a PlayStation-style controller made for PC which also worked very well out of the box. Either of these options are relatively cheap (like $25).

Wheel and pedal setups are very cool if you want to go that route but you definitely don't have to have one to enjoy the game.
Thank you to everyone who has replied to my topic - you have helped me massively

Hopefully I will be able to purchase FS19 ASAP and looking at joining a server with a decent community :)