Seasons FS 19

Sandhill

Re: Seasons FS 19

Post by Sandhill »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:52 pm
fenixguy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm ^^^Not for me, personally.^^^ No snow, no fall leaves, no planting/harvesting window, no climate, etc... no FS19 for me.
+1... i will wait to buy
+2...I may well buy just to see what's new, but I don't expect I'll spend much time playing 19 without Seasons.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I'm planning on buying FS19 right at the start but it may take me quite a while before I fully commit to it mainly because of seasons. I'm still fully content playing FS17 currently with seasons and other mods that it will take quite an upgrade in other aspects of the game to get me to fully switch over. I know we haven't seen everything yet but what I have seen isn't enough for me.
empato

Post by empato »

Graphics of FS19 looks nice, but without Seasons I will not switch to it. Since Seasons came out, I can not imagine anymore to play a farming game without it. I mean, the weather is one of the most important things of farming in real life,. and I can`t understand why they didn`t focus more on it in the development.
But hey, we can play with the dog and ride on horses...
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Procobator wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:53 pm I'm planning on buying FS19 right at the start...I know we haven't seen everything yet but what I have seen isn't enough for me.
So why buy it at the start? Wait until it goes on sale after a few patches and useful mods are out. FS17 was the last game I'll ever preorder.

Not that I don't think the game looks amazing. I think they're doing a great job.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

Good posts above, first I read about no seasons in the FS19 release. I just "assumed" that it would be a part of the game in some form. I can understand the challenges in meeting release dates and software complexity so not throwing stones here.

Add me to the list of the "disappointed" on this topic. Seasons adds challenge and strategy to the game. Otherwise you have the "shampoo option". Wash, rinse, repeat. My comment - Game play is always more important than graphics and look.

But we are where we are, I'll wait to purchase FS19 and continue playing FS17 and see what happens.

Hope adding seasons to FS19 has a high priority.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

The Dude wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 pm Hope adding seasons to FS19 has a high priority.
judging by the number of those disappointed and putting off purchasing without it.... I would think it would be a priority

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

One of my guess is they will launch a "Seasons DLC".
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Just to throw another opinion in the mix, I don't use seasons on console. Not because it's not amazing, but because I can't reconcile my animal raising play style with the bale limit on console. Given seasons forces the use of bales (which is the right thing to do), until they incorporate a bale storage system into the game that deals with the bale limit problem seasons is out for me. If I was into the smaller farms it would be a given for me. I suppose I could to a big arable farm and a smaller animal operation but I don't see how a person could use bales and have more than 50 cows or so. If someone does I'd love to hear about it though!
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Preble 818 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 pm
Why can't you? I play six day seasons with a couple hundred cows, and I've never had to reach the bale limit to keep em fed.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

It didnt seem possible to me to store enough bales to get cows and sheep and pigs though the winter. Could have probably done it with just one animal type. I could be wrong
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Preble 818 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:15 am
Ok as far as hay goes, I've done the math. On six day seasons, even if you needed five bales a day,( which you won't) that only adds up to 30 bales. With sheep and cows, I've never needed that much. As far as straw goes, it's the same thing. If you needed five bales of straw a day, (Again, you won't) that again only adds up to thirty. That means you would need a total of sixty bales. That's under the bale limit last I checked.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Preble 818 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 pm I don't see how a person could use bales and have more than 50 cows or so. If someone does I'd love to hear about it though!
Forage and chips silo. I store hay and silage there (or premix my tmr and store it). I keep straw as bales.

I don't have to though. I only do it to keep the lag down from having too many bales in the same place. On BSM's The Valley, I kept between 2-300 cows on nothing but bales. They don't eat as much as you think. And sheep eat so little that it's trivial.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I will buy fs19 on the release day. I am sure I will play some. But until seasons is added I am sure I will continue to mostly play fs17. I am totally hooked on seasons and can’t play without it. I need the complexity that seasons adds. Without the seasons option I am just not really that exited about fs19.

I think when fs17 came out, it was like a wholesale changeover on day one. I don’t think that will happen this time. How can you play without the fall leaves and colors when you are harvesting? Or the low sunlight and long, cold shadows of wintertime? The feel of seasons is half of why I play all the time!

I am looking forward to John Deere!

Don
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

I've got my hopes up that seasons will be in 19, which is something I never really do being a natural pessimist. I remember watching YouTube videos when it was a PC exclusive mod and having that wave of overwhelming jealousy come over me being a console guy lol. The script issues and technical blah blah blah that I don't understand made it seem like it was never going to come. Then, it did, and I put more hours in that week than I did from the start.

Just paying attention to Giants track record of actually listening to and caring about their customer base puts all of my concerns to rest.

We wanted JD, we got it. We wanted older equipment, we got it. We wanted bigger equipment, we got it. Farm creation, horses, American style equipment, new crops, more in depth animal care, the list just goes on.

Just seeing all of the posts talking about how beloved seasons actually is, I sincerely believe Giants will deliver like they always seem to do.
Ocp

Post by Ocp »

Until it is confirmed if fs19 has or not seasons i will play to RDR2, and off course fs17.