Seasons FS 19

BrandonD01

Re: Seasons FS 19

Post by BrandonD01 »

I feel the same way about FS 19 without seasons. That's the reason I haven't pre-ordered it, want to wait and see what mods get converted first (Seasons, certain maps, etc.) before I buy it. I am sure I will eventually buy it, just want to make sure it will be just as realistic and entertaining for my play style before I make the switch. Just my humble opinion though.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

redglasses wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:12 pm Giants said that they dropped the development of seasons because they were busy working on the new building system
GIANTS never said anything of the sort to my knowledge. GIANTS aren't and never have been the developer of Seasons, Realismus Modding are. GIANTS worked with Realismus to get Seasons onto consoles and hired Rahkiin (one of the developers of Seasons) presumably because they were impressed with the ability he showed in developing Seasons, but to our knowledge that was their sole involvement.

Rahkiin has been working on the buildable farm system (among other aspects of the game), but he wasn't taken away from implementing Seasons to do so as Seasons was (as far as we know) never planned for FS19.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Considering seasons has been the most game changing and popular mod for FS-17 I'd be surprised if Giants (or Realismus, maybe with Giants help) don't make a new version of FS-19 to be released at some later date after release. Presumably with the new dynamic weather system it'll have to be made again from scratch but I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen at some point.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I have no inside information, but I'm fairly confident it will be eventually brought into 19. Maybe I'm just super hopeful. I mean, they did a game update to get it on 17.

Oh well, there's plenty of other great games to play until it (hopefully) happens. The game looks amazing so far. But I just don't want to play in perpetual summer forever.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:42 pm . The game looks amazing so far. But I just don't want to play in perpetual summer forever.
Remember the weather system has been given a total overhaul. Its no longer a static sunny sky. We've now got fully dynamic weather.

I like seasons, the game as it is at the moment does have an extra dimension when you play with seasons but its far from being a deal breaker for me by not having it. By the sounds of things there's going to be more than enough extra game changing content with FS-19 to get to grips with without mixing seasons into it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^^Not for me, personally.^^^ No snow, no fall leaves, no planting/harvesting window, no climate, etc... no FS19 for me.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
garyst

Post by garyst »

It doesn't really bother me that seasons is not in the base game. I didn't use it much anyways because the sugarcane growing cycle wasn't right. the thing I am more concerned with is the equipment list, with only a few weeks left till release I must admit there is not a whole lot in there so far that gets me really excited. Just hope they are saving the best stuff for last.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Seasons was great and I find it strange not playing with it now but I’ll still get 19 the day it drops I’ve alrwady preordered it actually on console I’m in the same boat of there’s enough improvements in my opinion to get it straightway that’s just my opinion though
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I can live with or without it. But seasons adds a twist to the game, but there's nothing to do in the winter time, all you do is plow snow and take care of your livestock, if there was more activities in the seasons mod, I'd enjoy it more, like snow removal missions and/or scooping sidewalks, things like that.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I find the winter is generally just logging and selling crops, bonus is you can skip nights earlier.

My last winter on lone oak I spent most of the time mucking our the cows. Had about 150 of them almost at 100% so it was almost a never ending task to get rid of the mountain of manure they produced.
Guil

Post by Guil »

redglasses wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:12 pm Giants said that they dropped the development of seasons because they were busy working on the new building system
The official word on it all along is FS19 was already in development when seasons was released and not possible to integrate it without leaving out new features. Not once have Giants ever said they were developing seasons for fS19.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:04 pm GIANTS never said anything of the sort to my knowledge. GIANTS aren't and never have been the developer of Seasons, Realismus Modding are. GIANTS worked with Realismus to get Seasons onto consoles and hired Rahkiin (one of the developers of Seasons) presumably because they were impressed with the ability he showed in developing Seasons, but to our knowledge that was their sole involvement.
Guil wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 am The official word on it all along is FS19 was already in development when seasons was released and not possible to integrate it without leaving out new features. Not once have Giants ever said they were developing seasons for fS19.
That is not what I heard directly from giants in a discord server...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm ^^^Not for me, personally.^^^ No snow, no fall leaves, no planting/harvesting window, no climate, etc... no FS19 for me.
+1... i will wait to buy

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Guil

Post by Guil »

redglasses wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:47 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:04 pm GIANTS never said anything of the sort to my knowledge. GIANTS aren't and never have been the developer of Seasons, Realismus Modding are. GIANTS worked with Realismus to get Seasons onto consoles and hired Rahkiin (one of the developers of Seasons) presumably because they were impressed with the ability he showed in developing Seasons, but to our knowledge that was their sole involvement.
Guil wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 am The official word on it all along is FS19 was already in development when seasons was released and not possible to integrate it without leaving out new features. Not once have Giants ever said they were developing seasons for fS19.
That is not what I heard directly from giants in a discord server...
I'm calling misinterpretation, Lars and lethian have always said what I posted.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

redglasses wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:47 pm That is not what I heard directly from giants in a discord server...
I'm pretty sure you've misinterpreted something or something was lost in translation. Lars stated on Discord that Rahkiin was "working on the new mission system" (soon after it was announced that he had joined GIANTS) and the placeable farm feature (among plenty of other things I'm sure).

It's been public for many months now (Farmcon at least, and I seem to recall Lars starting months before that too) that Seasons will not be part of FS19. It was also said in a private Slack that Seasons was too late to be considered for inclusion as it was too far into development.

I'm not saying it was never considered, but I'm 90% certain it never made it further than a whiteboard... and the remaining 10% is only because of a few seconds of video of the options menu in a Gamescom video.