Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cr41g_1965

Re: Going gold

Post by cr41g_1965 »

my guess would be a million copies sold ?

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It means production of the game is finished and ready to make copies of the game
Guil

Post by Guil »

Going gold is when the gold master is released. Gold master is the last version of software unless a major bug is found.
garyst

Post by garyst »

So they plan on printing millions of copies and distributing to all the retailer's that will carry the game around the world in only a couple weeks time?
scott63

Post by scott63 »

garyst wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:43 pm So they plan on printing millions of copies and distributing to all the retailer's that will carry the game around the world in only a couple weeks time?
My guess is it already went gold. However, "millions" of copies don't go to retailers anymore. The vast majority are digital sales, and because of this "going gold" is no longer a big deal. Plus first day patches are (for better or worse) a thing nowadays.

Also, the release date is more than a couple of weeks from now.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I know I just figured if they still have about two or so weeks worth of work left to do on the game it would only give them a couple weeks to print and distribute the non digital copies. which I would have a hard time imagining since its takes about a week just to get a ups package from only a couple states away these days lol. Anyways so your saying there is a chance that the game discs could already be printed and we people who are buying the disc version of the game will be getting an incomplete game and will have to immediately download a patch after install to add what they didn't have finished?
drb

Post by drb »

garyst wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 pm Anyways so your saying there is a chance that the game discs could already be printed and we people who are buying the disc version of the game will be getting an incomplete game and will have to immediately download a patch after install to add what they didn't have finished?
Not incomplete - it wouldn't make sense to print the discs if the game didn't have all the content finished. However, in the few weeks between printing and release Giants will continue to find and fix bugs - hopefully none of which are critical - which would be patched shortly after release.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Okay understood thanks!