FS19 upgrades

vondeylenfarms

FS19 upgrades

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Okay so I'll start by saying I'm getting this game and I'll play it. My issue is...the fact sheets are neat but I haven't seen anything new other than JD and the hopper bottom trailer ( which is exciting)! But what about videos or screenshots of the so called updates or upgrades?? I'm already beyond disappointed by one combine from JD and which one they chose to showcase...not here to complain, just wondering what else is so big to look forward to...thoughts from others?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BigC92

Re: FS19 upgrades

Post by BigC92 »

Buildable farms, the great demands mission returns, multiplayer is interesting. No longer buy fields, you buy parcels of land, and it seems the vehicles got detailed, you can see the engine-ish, don't know if you can open the hood or not.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I asked myself a similar question coming from 15 to 17 and it can seem at times like they haven’t changed a lot but when I look but at 15 and then to 17 I see a large improvement (in my humble opinion) 19 will probably be the same you won’t realize the full magnitude of the changes until you’re playing it, as for JD well on one hand I’m glad they got it on the other hand I wonder how much the green dlc will cost and how long it’ll take to come out
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

There are a metric ton of smaller upgrades in FS19. I too was underwhelmed when I realised there was no single major upgrade (thinking dynamic ground, an AI overhaul or even multi-angle terrain) but especially in the days after Farmcon and Gamescom I began to see just how 'big' so many small features would be add up to be.

There are still some issues that need to be addressed - the fact that Blender support apparently hasn't even been looked at as of last week is worrying, and the lack of any info on changes to the rating system will be frustrating to say the least - but the game itself is looking like a big upgrade in lots of smaller ways.

Rahkiin explained to us how modders can make the most of the new buildable farm features (which allayed a lot of my worries for modders wanting to replicate real farms) and some of the details like the dynamic sky, lighting, contracting (particularly in multiplayer, but also in missions in single-player to a degree), multiplayer individual teams/players/farms, dynamic hoses and pipes, the new materials (plastic, metal, leather etc), lime, weeds, spraying now being separate from fertilising, the 3D shop, the flexible foliage (and the foliage looks stunning in general for the most part), distance textures for swaths (grass at least), the new driver animations, the horses and new crops and loads of others.

The sounds have been given a thorough going over too, and while the ones we've heard sound very good, we've not heard too much of the equipment or the older vehicles yet - and we're yet to hear the automatic transmission (and last we knew they were trying to implement manual and semi-automatic).

There's plenty of smaller changes that add up to a sizeable update. Don't let those who say the game is "FS17 with shaders" put you off - they're not even close. Like I said I wasn't overly excited at first, but now I can't wait.

If you're unsure though Virtual Farmer and Simul8 are going to be at GIANTS from the 12th November to stream the game. Give those a watch and I'm sure you'll see there's enough to sway you.
SoldierTurnedFarmer

Post by SoldierTurnedFarmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 am Okay so I'll start by saying I'm getting this game and I'll play it. My issue is...the fact sheets are neat but I haven't seen anything new other than JD and the hopper bottom trailer ( which is exciting)! But what about videos or screenshots of the so called updates or upgrades?? I'm already beyond disappointed by one combine from JD and which one they chose to showcase...not here to complain, just wondering what else is so big to look forward to...thoughts from others?
It's just FS17 with shaders, a dog, horses (who the hell farms with horses anymore, it's 2018 not 1874) and a certain brand of green and yellow tractor. And I guess they think American farmers are poor or stupid. Two pickup choices, a ragged out 1978 Toyota clone and a modern looking Toyota Hi-Lux clone. KNOCK KNOCK GIANTS AMERICA CALLING!!!! We either drive The Blue Oval or Bow Tie trucks in the real world. Keep your Euro-trash junk on that side of the big lake and put some real vehicles in the game.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You do realise that Giants are making a game to appeal to as many people as possible and not just to keep you happy. These childish, misinformed rants are seriously tiresome. There's still plenty to be revealed yet and there will be a load of mods to look forward to which may fill in some of the blanks you think are in the game.
Being downright rude in your posts on here isn't going to get you what you want.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Yeah it's funny I can go down the road less than ten miles and there's a farm that owns not one but 3 older toyota pickups they use daily on the farm. And yes it's in America
XBOX/ FS22
SoldierTurnedFarmer

Post by SoldierTurnedFarmer »

Ritchie wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:55 pm You do realise that Giants are making a game to appeal to as many people as possible and not just to keep you happy. These childish, misinformed rants are seriously tiresome. There's still plenty to be revealed yet and there will be a load of mods to look forward to which may fill in some of the blanks you think are in the game.
Being downright rude in your posts on here isn't going to get you what you want.
Edit by Guil. Tone it down.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

SoldierTurnedFarmer wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:13 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:39 am Okay so I'll start by saying I'm getting this game and I'll play it. My issue is...the fact sheets are neat but I haven't seen anything new other than JD and the hopper bottom trailer ( which is exciting)! But what about videos or screenshots of the so called updates or upgrades?? I'm already beyond disappointed by one combine from JD and which one they chose to showcase...not here to complain, just wondering what else is so big to look forward to...thoughts from others?
It's just FS17 with shaders, a dog, horses (who the hell farms with horses anymore, it's 2018 not 1874) and a certain brand of green and yellow tractor. And I guess they think American farmers are poor or stupid. Two pickup choices, a ragged out 1978 Toyota clone and a modern looking Toyota Hi-Lux clone. KNOCK KNOCK GIANTS AMERICA CALLING!!!! We either drive The Blue Oval or Bow Tie trucks in the real world. Keep your Euro-trash junk on that side of the big lake and put some real vehicles in the game.
Plenty of Ford and GM truck mods available on the PC...

With the Euro trash remark I am really confused as to why you actually play the game at all.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Think everyone just calm down abit
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 pm If you're unsure though Virtual Farmer and Simul8 are going to be at GIANTS from the 12th November to stream the game. Give those a watch and I'm sure you'll see there's enough to sway you.
Do you know if anybody will be showing the PS4/XB1 version or they just streaming the PC version?

Edit don_apple: quoting fixed.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

TacoFarmer wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:09 pm
this_is_gav wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:26 pm If you're unsure though Virtual Farmer and Simul8 are going to be at GIANTS from the 12th November to stream the game. Give those a watch and I'm sure you'll see there's enough to sway you.
Do you know if anybody will be showing the PS4/XB1 version or they just streaming the PC version?

Edit don_apple: quoting fixed.
Sorry Taco, I've got no idea. There'll be other streamers (German at least) and I believe at least one more English-speaking Youtuber was approached (no idea if they're going or not though), so who knows. I only know of VF and Simul8 myself.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

The last thing I was going for was to trash Europe farms/farmers and their equipment. I do not think my post was rude in any way by asking what I did. As for the comments, yes there are a lot of little things, and modders as usual will be awesome I hope! Fingers crossed for more vehicles that we haven't seen already, and as for Giants comment on not having too many of the same size machinery...who cares!? I would love to have the option of a big tractor same size either case, JD, or NH to choose from
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I demand a mobile taco trailer! Not for me but TacoFarmer.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:02 am The last thing I was going for was to trash Europe farms/farmers and their equipment. I do not think my post was rude in any way by asking what I did. As for the comments, yes there are a lot of little things, and modders as usual will be awesome I hope! Fingers crossed for more vehicles that we haven't seen already, and as for Giants comment on not having too many of the same size machinery...who cares!? I would love to have the option of a big tractor same size either case, JD, or NH to choose from
No my friend your in the clear, i don't want to know every single detail, i want to find somethings out myself, what the other guy did was uncalled-for. But the tractors and stuff got some details, the dashboard lights up when you turn on the lights, you have interior lighting as well, you can see the engine, as for the graphics, its been kicked up a notch or 2 lol, its gonna feel like a new game. If Giants keeps doing what their doing, ill keep playing the game, simple.