PC Requirements

iafarmer515

PC Requirements

Post by iafarmer515 »

when I first started playing fs in 2011, I played on my computer for 11 and 13. when 15 came out I no longer met the requirements. recently just got a brand new macbook pro, trying to see if this would run the game and be able to use mods as well. I have the 13" model with the touch bar. Has the 2.3GHz quad core intel i5, turbo boost up to 3.8GHz with 1238MB of eDRAM. Retina Display. 8GB memory.

I don't know a whole lot about computers...But I would like it if I could switch from PS4 back to PC. Can anybody help me?

Thanks!
Rbk_3

Re: PC Requirements

Post by Rbk_3 »

Not really. You need a dedicated GPU. It might run it at a very poor framerate on low. You could of built a desktop for the price you paid for that thing that would crush the game.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

As has already been mentioned, the GPU will be your limiting factor. The 13” MB Pros come with the Intel Iris Pro GPU. While it is probably the best of the built-in GPUs out there, it is not the same as a dedicated GPU from Nvidia or AMD.

The good news is that the laptop will probably run the game. The bad news is the it may have to be a pretty low graphics settings to keep the frame rates playable.

However, there may be hope, if you can spare the cash: The new MB Pros are supposed to support eGPUs, so you may be able to add one of those and get rather good performance in the game.
iafarmer515

Post by iafarmer515 »

what would be a good eGPU i could add that would work well?
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

I went to that test website, to see if my gaming Laptop would run FS19, and it says it wont. Its ran FS17 on highest setting, and with a lot of mods, with little to no trouble. So while Im excited about what I have heard FS19's improvements Im disappointed Im either going to have to be a new PC, or go to the console. My brother wants me to get it on my PS4 so we can play together, because he dont have a gaming PC, but man I hate to downgrade to the PC version, and miss out on the modders who improve the game, especially in the realism department, as with being a farmer IRL, I want the game to be as close to relaistic as possible.

However I dont really have the money to get a new PC, nor would my wife to be happy about me getting a new PC since the one I have is only 4 yrs old, as I got it for FS15. I know I can get a desk top gaming PC cheaper than a gaming Laptop and with a desk top you can always beef it up with graphic cards, where as I heard you cant do that with gaming Pc Laptops. But I like the Laptop because I can set in my chair and play while watching a ball game on TV, and I can take my PC with me, when I go to visit family, and I cant do that with a desk top unfortunately.

Does anyone know if the PS4 version is going to have slot limits, and bale limits in FS19? Thats really what keeps me from wanting to go to the console, since it seems FS19 is going to be much more realistic than ever before, and I assume it will have seasons, and a improved seasons even at that, I would think, with weeds being added into the game. Along with being able to build your farm from scratch. I also really liked that buying land is going to be more realistic and how they have added in custom farming into the game, and not these stupid times missions, and you will custom harvest and even haul the grain to the elevator for the farmer you are doing the custom harvesting for.
I really hope they have added in being able to rent ground as well, but if not I can live with what they have added to FS19. So while I would love to be able to play FS19 with my brother on the PS4, I dont want to have to deal with limits on bales, and having slots that limit you.

I hope we here more real soon, on if their is going to be slot limits in FS19 for the PS4 and consoles in general, because if they still have these limits to the PS4, I just dont think I can go from the PC version to a downgrade game on the PS4. Unfortunately my brother cant afford a gaming PC, as he has 2 young kids to worry about along with a wife, and I dont have the extra money to help him buy a gaming PC either, I wish I did, but we dont really have the money for me to buy a new gaming PC either, but since Im disabled and cant get out and actually work on the farm any longer, FS keeps me somewhat sane,lol.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

If your laptop can run 17 on the highest setting, it should be able to run 19. Min specs aren’t that different at all.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Guil

Post by Guil »

What is the specs of your PC and what website did you use to check? It's unlikely that your laptop won't run 19 if it ran 17 on very high.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Guil wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:26 am What is the specs of your PC and what website did you use to check? It's unlikely that your laptop won't run 19 if it ran 17 on very high.
My specs
processor- Intel R core TM i7- 4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHZ
RAM 8 GB 7.88 usable
System type- 64 bit Operating System , x64-based processor
Pen and Touch No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

I assume that is the specs your talking about, Also I have a GEFORCE GTX 860m

I cant remember the website, I went to, where it ran a test on my Laptop, and said I didnt have the requirements. I dont really know anything about PC's, so hopefully these were the specs you were talking about.

I have noticed when using Courseplay, that when saving and sometimes setting up a course, it will take a very long time, and I have even had it crash my game before, and had to start over. I never tried lowering the graphics down, to see if it would help with that.

I know my brother wants me to get the game on the PS4, but I just hate to downgrade, to the console, due to the slots limits, where your limited on # of bales you can have. Plus the PC version is just much more realistic with mods, such as scripts like courseplay, that the console dont have. I know fs19 is going to be much realistic right out of the box, but those slot limits, and not being able to have the hired help, do things such as haul grain to the elevator, and operate the auger cart, is too much for me to give up, and downgrade to the console version.

Be great if my gaming Laptop would still be able to play FS19 at the highest graphic settings, but I worry that it wont be able to. I did have some frame rate issues, on some of the most detailed maps, but like Loan Oak, which was my favorite map of FS17, it runs pretty good.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

That should run 19 easily. You can see the min specs on Giants website but you shouldn’t have any issues.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Goose66 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:06 am That should run 19 easily. You can see the min specs on Giants website but you shouldn’t have any issues.

The website that I used to run the check is https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/c ... r-19/17853. It says everything is good except the graphics card. Since my PC is a gaming Laptop, I was told I cant upgrade the graphic card, like you can with a desk top PC.

I know nothing about PC's, so Im sure all of you here know more about PC's than I do, so I trust what you guys say. I thought about getting it for my PC, and if it dont work, I'll just have to go buy a new PC. Although I may be able to talk my wife into a new PC, as I said something to her about it, and she said if thats the case, were going with a desk top PC this time :lol: I just like having a Laptop, because I can set in my recliner and watch ballgames while I play FS19 :biggrin2:

Thanks for all the reply's I appreciate it.
Spitfire55

Post by Spitfire55 »

Looking at the benchmarks between your gpu and the minimum requirements for fs19 I don't think you will have any problems
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

Spitfire55 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:31 pm Looking at the benchmarks between your gpu and the minimum requirements for fs19 I don't think you will have any problems

Thanks, I may just go ahead and buy it, and see how it plays, and if it gives me issues, then I guess I will have to look into a new PC. I still havent decided if I want to buy the PS4 version, so my brother and I can play together, since he cant afford to buy a gaming PC. But going the PS4 route, will all depend on if there is going to be a slot limit, and a limit to how many bales you can store. I dont want to deal with those limits, and if they also havent improved the hired help to haul grain and run the auger cart during harvest, then I will likely go the PC route once again.

Thanks to all who have replied and tried to help me on this subject, I appreciate it a lot.
drb

Post by drb »

Case1370 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:49 am
Spitfire55 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:31 pm Looking at the benchmarks between your gpu and the minimum requirements for fs19 I don't think you will have any problems

Thanks, I may just go ahead and buy it, and see how it plays, and if it gives me issues, then I guess I will have to look into a new PC. I still havent decided if I want to buy the PS4 version, so my brother and I can play together, since he cant afford to buy a gaming PC. But going the PS4 route, will all depend on if there is going to be a slot limit, and a limit to how many bales you can store. I dont want to deal with those limits, and if they also havent improved the hired help to haul grain and run the auger cart during harvest, then I will likely go the PC route once again.

Thanks to all who have replied and tried to help me on this subject, I appreciate it a lot.
There must certainly be slot limits on PS4 for FS19. Think about it: Has the game gotten more detailed and larger in terms of vehicle offering and activities? Yes. Has the PS4 hardware improved to compensate for the additional demands a more detailed game will have? No. Ipso facto, the slot limits will be further limited, the quality of the equipment and map will only be displayed at FS17 levels and the slot limit will remain the same, or the optimization of the game is able to compensate and the slot limit will remain roughly the same with better detail. One of those options must be true.

Slot limits exist because allowing a player to spawn an unlimited number of assets (vehicles, buildings, bales, etc.) is always going to, at some point, overwhelm the processing capability of the console, and that capability is known to the developer of the game and doesn't change. It's not feasible or even desirable to do this with a PC because they vary in capabilities.

It's also because manufacturers like Sony often offer warranties and the like on their devices. I imagine that a slot-unlimited game would have the potential to cause physical damage to the console if players continually hit the red-line and crash the console by spawning excessive equipment. Since Sony licenses the game, it would create a liability issue if a Sony approved game caused damage to the Sony hardware through what is arguably "normal usage" of the product.

Since the manufacturers of computer hardware aren't involved in licensing games allowed to be used on their hardware, the onus is on the user to ensure that irresponsible software usage doesn't damage the hardware - that kind of stuff isn't covered by hardware warranties.

Until consoles have literally infinite processing power, there will always be "slot limits" in a game of this type. Or if the legal landscape around console video gaming changes to allow pushing the game beyond the hardware, with the responsibility for the consequences falling on the user. That's not happening anytime soon.
Case1370

Post by Case1370 »

That makes sense. I thought maybe as the devs of this game get more familiar with the consoles, that maybe they had been able to figure a way around slots limits. I dont no much of anything about how computers, and electronics, and how they work, or how games are made, so while I only play sports games on my PS4, and never have been interested in anything but sports games, besides farming simulator, and that because farming is my life and has been my whole life, so I enjoy playing farm simulator do to that. But I have seen how alot of these games on the consoles, seem really detailed, and like that grand theft auto game, so I always have wondered why the FS has slot limits, as in how many bales you can store.
But your post makes a lot of sense, why there would have to be limits, due to consoles not having the power or capacity of PC's. I just wish, the slot limits were more than they are. Maybe the slot limits will be able to be higher in FS19, so its a little more realistic, within reason of course. Obviously IRL on farms, none of us own 100's of pieces of equipment,lol, nor do we make a million bales in a yrs time either,lol. I forget now what my brother said the limit on bales were, it was like 200 or 250, I think, and thats just to few, for my liking, but obviously if the console cant handle it, then the devs have no choice but to put those limits.

I was really hoping to make the switch to the console version, and I have considered buying both, but if I have to buy a new PC, on top of the game, my wife might not be too happy about that :lol:

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. Sounds like Im probably going to have to, stick with the PC.
Guil

Post by Guil »

You can't really compare FS to any other game, the likes of GTA only renders what's on the screen at any time, in FS every thing on the entire map is there the whole time so that's why there is bale limits and slots.