Lets talk power food...

Sergeant Larson

Lets talk power food...

Post by Sergeant Larson »

I'm looking to finally fill that last 30% of my cows production, provided I can find a method that is both high quantity and time efficient. So how do you guys make it at your farms? Keep in mind I'm 100% open to mods, but I'm on console soooooo...somewhat limited. :blushnew: Thanks in advance!
"What good is a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?"
-Henry David Thoreau

XBONE
ILL6 Cooperative
Sosnovka Hard No Seasons 270 hrs
Bastogne, Montana
Lone Oak Farm Normal No Seasons
gmfarmer420

Re: Lets talk power food...

Post by gmfarmer420 »

This is probably your only option for a big mixer on console.
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Use the peecon mixer and the forage and chips silo mod and put your silage, hay, and straw in it. Add 25k each of silage and hay and fill with straw and your golden.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

When i have over 100 cows, that's my go to guy.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Yep it's a lifesaver. Also OP if you don't know, when you feed power food it also fills the hay/silage bar. Kind of frustrating imo but that's the way it is. I usually skip time till the hay/silage bar is empty and go from there. Otherwise it just adds to it. For some reason it bothers me lol.
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

You can feed a lot of cows with the Siloking...I've done over a hundred and the effort was trivial...
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Sandhill wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:59 am You can feed a lot of cows with the Siloking...I've done over a hundred and the effort was trivial...
I can agree to that if you use the forage and chips silo like I mentioned and every so often mix a few loads and dump them right back into storage. Then you can just feed from there using a tipper.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Preble 818 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 am Yep it's a lifesaver. Also OP if you don't know, when you feed power food it also fills the hay/silage bar. Kind of frustrating imo but that's the way it is. I usually skip time till the hay/silage bar is empty and go from there. Otherwise it just adds to it. For some reason it bothers me lol.
all tmr mixers do that
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Thefisherj wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:54 am
Preble 818 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 am Yep it's a lifesaver. Also OP if you don't know, when you feed power food it also fills the hay/silage bar. Kind of frustrating imo but that's the way it is. I usually skip time till the hay/silage bar is empty and go from there. Otherwise it just adds to it. For some reason it bothers me lol.
all tmr mixers do that
I'm not blaming it on the mixers. I meant I think it's a bad game design to be able to dump in silage or hay to fill a bar but then when you mix tmr and dump it some of that volume adds to the silage/hay bar. To me all your tmr volume should fill the tmr bar only.
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

Preble 818 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:10 pm
Thefisherj wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:54 am
all tmr mixers do that
I'm not blaming it on the mixers. I meant I think it's a bad game design to be able to dump in silage or hay to fill a bar but then when you mix tmr and dump it some of that volume adds to the silage/hay bar. To me all your tmr volume should fill the tmr bar only.
ah, I don't bother filling the hay and siliage I just do the tmr mix
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I do the same, if the silage and power food both start empty then you add tmr, they go to full at the same time. I think it’s about a 60/40 ratio from memory