Xbox one to computer

Smitty2448

Xbox one to computer

Post by Smitty2448 »

Hey guys, I’ve been playing on Xbox one now for almost a year and really loving it. I recently bought a computer and am trying to figure out why the prices vary so much between console and computer, will I get everything on computer like I do when I bought fs17 premium?
fenixguy

Re: Xbox one to computer

Post by fenixguy »

Yes you will. PC games are always cheaper than console games. The trade-off is a higher machine cost and *potentially* more headaches.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:36 pm Yes you will. PC games are always cheaper than console games. The trade-off is a higher machine cost and *potentially* more headaches.
don't know about that as pc doesn't have a season pass and seem's there is no premium/collector's edition for pc at least not in the Us. pc players had to buy all the DLC's and exp pack's as on xbox with season's pass we don't. just to bad no season pass out yet without paying $ 89.99 to get both of the utv's and it's only $15. more vs. pc as microsoft has to get there cut lol.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

That's true.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

But on the PC I paid maybe $10 for FS17 and maybe $6 for the Kuhn pack, there is nothing else for sale that I've wanted, and I have many many mods all of which have been free.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

ace54858 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 pm
fenixguy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:36 pm Yes you will. PC games are always cheaper than console games. The trade-off is a higher machine cost and *potentially* more headaches.
don't know about that as pc doesn't have a season pass and seem's there is no premium/collector's edition for pc at least not in the Us. pc players had to buy all the DLC's and exp pack's as on xbox with season's pass we don't. just to bad no season pass out yet without paying $ 89.99 to get both of the utv's and it's only $15. more vs. pc as microsoft has to get there cut lol.
Season pass is relative anyway. In the long run, PC isn't anymore expensive than console if you are watchful. Even on console you have to be vigilant to get the best deals. That's just the way the world is.

On console you don't have to deal with Steam...that's worth hundreds of dollars in itself. Even if the PC version bypasses Steam (yeah...right) the reason to use a PC over a console is either you don't own a console, or you want to bypass Steam...ooops,
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

In 13 years of using it I have never once been disappointed in Steam.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

[/quote]
Season pass is relative anyway. In the long run, PC isn't anymore expensive than console if you are watchful. Even on console you have to be vigilant to get the best deals. That's just the way the world is.

On console you don't have to deal with Steam...that's worth hundreds of dollars in itself. Even if the PC version bypasses Steam (yeah...right) the reason to use a PC over a console is either you don't own a console, or you want to bypass Steam...ooops,
[/quote]

You can play on PC without Steam. You can buy a physical disk from any retailer, or you can download directly from Giants' website.

I've played FS for hundreds and hundreds of hours and am not a Steam-head. I've heard mixed, mostly negative reviews about "the Steam experience". Personally it's not my bag as I'm a fogey and I prefer all my media and hardware real and on my desk so that in the event of an apocalypse or ice storm I can fire up my generator and pass the time with no concern whether internet or somebody's server somewhere is still alive.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Sandhill wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:20 pm In 13 years of using it I have never once been disappointed in Steam.
*thumbsup*

Never had any issues with Steam when it comes to games or updates and the like myself. No internet, no problem just keep on playing. Yeah, it won't log your hours played or achievements, but that's not going to rip a whole in the space time continuum...
the big print giveth the small print taketh