mods?

scott63

Re: mods?

Post by scott63 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:14 pm Well they are the developers so they can do as they wish. It's your choice to buy the game not a requirement. If you don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that
Agreed, but that's not a reason to slavishly say all they do is good.

I've, many times in the past, said game development is not a democracy and developers should not cave in to demands. However, lying about game development is not OK either.

And, for now, this is all I have to say. I'm already repeating myself, and if you disagree...well you disagree. The best counter argument anyone has come up with is "everyone else does it". That's an excuse, not a reason. People making excuses for borderline issues today will be making excuses for egregious issues tomorrow and ridiculous issues next week.
Last edited by scott63 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Get over it jeesh
scott63

Post by scott63 »

eric21 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:52 pm Get over it jeesh
I don't care....
Edit by Guil.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

scott63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:56 pm
I don't care....
Edit by Guil.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

Dogface wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 am
scott63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:56 pm
I don't care....
Edit by Guil.
You're welcome...????
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

scott63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:32 pm Whatever the truth actually is, Giants has said that equality is paramount.
Well surely that was in an April Fool's Day post :lol: :lol: :lol: as they don't even begin to pretend to use that as an absolute rule. No doubt when they can, without depriving PC players just to not let them be advantaged over console players, they do, but they have to live with the realities of the hardware that they sell their game for. Seems reasonable.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

The mods released with, or soon after, FS17 were done by Giants, not modders.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Peter Griffin wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:14 pm Well they are the developers so they can do as they wish. It's your choice to buy the game not a requirement. If you don't like it don't buy it. Simple as that
*thumbsup*
the big print giveth the small print taketh
scott63

Post by scott63 »

Sandhill wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 am
scott63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:32 pm Whatever the truth actually is, Giants has said that equality is paramount.
Well surely that was in an April Fool's Day post :lol: :lol: :lol: as they don't even begin to pretend to use that as an absolute rule. No doubt when they can, without depriving PC players just to not let them be advantaged over console players, they do, but they have to live with the realities of the hardware that they sell their game for. Seems reasonable.
Keep drinking the koolaide. Game publishers love you.

This is 100% true (except for the part they don't pretend...'cause they do pretend). What's distressing is you find it acceptable AND know it is wrong even after publishers give conflicting statements.

Damn...responded again. I have to stop using the internet on the toilet.
Last edited by scott63 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

scott63 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:20 pm
Agreed, but that's not a reason to slavishly say all they do is good.

I've, many times in the past, said game development is not a democracy and developers should not cave in to demands. However, lying about game development is not OK either.

And, for now, this is all I have to say. I'm already repeating myself, and if you disagree...well you disagree. The best counter argument anyone has come up with is "everyone else does it". That's an excuse, not a reason. People making excuses for borderline issues today will be making excuses for egregious issues tomorrow and ridiculous issues next week.

What the hell are they lying about? Do you work for giants? If not then you have no idea about the inner workings of the company and what hoops they must jump through. Just because one game company does it this way don't mean it's a standard for all. And what does any of your complaining have to do with the initial question that was answered? Because they won't be dlc's?
XBOX/ FS22
scott63

Post by scott63 »

I'm not "complaining" about anything, other than people juicing themselves over something not worth juicing over.

Also, I dare to venture I know far more about software than you do (you teenager as you did not seem to mind my dig at your age in another post...calling yourself Peter Griffin doesn't help; I really hate Family Guy ) (I'll say no more as all of my online aliases are random for a reason)...I'm not "complaining" about Giants, but complaining about Giants' apologists.
Last edited by scott63 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

No youre complaining. Well you have no idea what I know and don't know plus not talking about software, talking about a company.
XBOX/ FS22
scott63

Post by scott63 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:51 am No youre complaining. Well you have no idea what I know and don't know plus not talking about software, talking about a company.
?????? Wow. Congratulations. That was the least sensible post in this entire thread of nonsense posts. It's right up there with your other post of "could care less", that you doubled down on even after being called on it.
Last edited by scott63 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Yeah you claim that your not complaining, but yet your complaining about Giants apologist? Still complaining in my book, like Peter Griffin said, we dont see a Giants Software with a job under your name, so you dont know what's going on.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

BigC92 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:00 am Yeah you claim that your not complaining, but yet your complaining about Giants apologist? Still complaining in my book, like Peter Griffin said, we dont see a Giants Software with a job under your name, so you dont know what's going on.
Common sense. Blindly accepting what a publisher does is why we are in the straits were are in now.

I don't blame Giants (or any publisher) for what they do (it's good business, and if I were a stockholder I'd commend it). I blame the idiots that let them get away with it; and although I am reluctant to reveal my knowledge, it is still FAR more than "Peter Griffin" knows in either PC or Xbox.

And, having said FAR TOO MUCH on this subject, and nothing more that is not a rehash, goodnight. I'm sure the toilet can wait until after I forget about this subject.
Last edited by scott63 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:26 am, edited 5 times in total.