Horsepower Question

ffmfd180

Horsepower Question

Post by ffmfd180 »

So I have a question about the capabilities of a 450 hp tractor being able to handle a piece of equipment requiring 500 hp. Will it be able to pull it or not?
Xbox One player
BigC92

Re: Horsepower Question

Post by BigC92 »

Yes it will, but it'll be slower than normal when you use it.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

BigC92 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:08 am Yes it will, but it'll be slower than normal when you use it.
It's more complicated than this. The only way to tell for sure is use the equipment, and if it doesn't work sell it immediately (ie, save game before purchase if not using seasons mod).
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

No its not "more complicated than this" its the truth, that's the way it worked for me.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

ffmfd180 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:02 am So I have a question about the capabilities of a 450 hp tractor being able to handle a piece of equipment requiring 500 hp. Will it be able to pull it or not?
In the base game (without More Realistic, Gearbox, Drive Control, or Ground Response) it will almost definitely pull it. It might not quite get to full rated speed and it might struggle noticeably on hills.

With that suite of mods installed, it might pull on flat and dry ground with slight struggle, but will almost definitely be out of luck on hills or in the wet.
scott63

Post by scott63 »

BigC92 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:07 am No its not "more complicated than this" its the truth, that's the way it worked for me.
Hmm...in other words it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Pretty much what I said...(paraphrasing is the same as quotes in this case). I was adding to your post, not detracting from it. However, if you REALLY need the source, go ahead and take it. I'm not sure how many Mario coins it's worth.

And the only way to tell for sure is buy it yourself, because that's the way mods work in this game. Not a single person is going to check all mods, and list optimal HP vs game HP...optimal HP is what is in game stats.
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Maybe try being a little more objective and descriptive when you respond to a post you do not agree with? No need to pounce on people over nuance in language, especially when your own opinions are so ambiguous.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Alright alright calm down...we don’t need this conversation locked too.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I like to shoot for about 50-100 more horse than required so I don't bog down on hills.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Jade Finch

Post by Jade Finch »

This depends largely on individual pieces of equipment, and the inconsistency introduced by mods from many different authors can compound this further for any particular player's installation.

General rules, however: Usually tillage implements can get away with approx. 30% less than the rated power on level ground but it will otherwise be best to at least meet and ideally exceed the rating (esp. since fuel expenses from using an oversized tractor are so trivial ingame). On the other hand, 'above ground' tools like slurry tanks, windrowers, etc. will only actually need a nominal ~25hp to run the PTO, while the rating shown in the store is more of a recommended tractor size to look the part while hooked up.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I find that is more about frame size, if you are under powered by 50 hp but have a good frame size it should be good
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

What I've found is that it will work on flat ground, but on hills, good luck. You'll literally be crawling up a hill.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks