Why are workers so stupid?

Giuseppe3

Why are workers so stupid?

Post by Giuseppe3 »

Why all my workers totally ignore width of tool? I bought that 3,6m wide Stara seeder but worker acts like he is working with 3m wide seeder.
They are sowing already sowed = they costs more money.
Preble 818

Re: Why are workers so stupid?

Post by Preble 818 »

The workers are pretty bad I agree. I think sometimes though the visual of what's being seeded exceeds the actual width of the planter so then on the next pass it looks like its partially reseeding the previous pass. I could just be telling myself that though cause I've thought the same thing you do.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
stevoxsi

Post by stevoxsi »

If it's any consolation they don't use extra seed to do the bit that's already done.
Fs11-15 on pc. Fs17 & 19 on xb1.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Hoping in FS19 they work in increments of 22.5 degrees not just 45 degrees
Giuseppe3

Post by Giuseppe3 »

stevoxsi wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:45 pm If it's any consolation they don't use extra seed to do the bit that's already done.
Problem is not that they use extra seed. I know they dont. Problem is when I have 3,6m wide seeder they use ~3m width of that seeder. For example if you have field that is 36m wide worker should make 10 passes but instead they make 12 because they dont use full potential of that width and that costs more money since you have to pay your workers. And this is not only for seeder but also cultivator. Helper always line up tractor on the edge of field not cultivator.

This is how my worker starts another pass:
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Are you on console or pc? If you are on pc there are mods you can try. I use AI extension and it gives you options for your hired workers and makes them judge edges better. There's also courseplay but I haven't tried it alot of people won't play without it.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Giuseppe3

Post by Giuseppe3 »

gmfarmer420 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:40 pm Are you on console or pc? If you are on pc there are mods you can try. I use AI extension and it gives you options for your hired workers and makes them judge edges better. There's also courseplay but I haven't tried it alot of people won't play without it.
PC. I have courseplay but Im not using it. I thought I dont need it for this simple stuff. I will try that AI extension. Thanks.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

gmfarmer420 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:40 pm Are you on console or pc? If you are on pc there are mods you can try. I use AI extension and it gives you options for your hired workers and makes them judge edges better. There's also courseplay but I haven't tried it alot of people won't play without it.
AI Extension is superb. Another mod that should be written into the base game....
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Giuseppe3

Post by Giuseppe3 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:47 pm
AI Extension is superb. Another mod that should be written into the base game....
Tried it. Works weird. I will stick to course play since I will use it anyway.
rptr777

Post by rptr777 »

So jealous of you PC guys. The ones on my PS4 version are even more stupid
malachi6

Post by malachi6 »

Pretty sure it is seeding on one side and fertilising on the other. Judging by the hoppers.
Giuseppe3

Post by Giuseppe3 »

malachi6 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:12 pm Pretty sure it is seeding on one side and fertilising on the other. Judging by the hoppers.
No front right and left are fertilizer and back right left are seeders. Not sure why they decided to cut it when its not even half
Jade Finch

Post by Jade Finch »

I think workers are stupid because they were built very simply in order not to be a drain on performance. They perform only the most rudimentary checks and move using a set of predetermined manoeuvre types, one consequence of which is having no collision detection during turns. The AI Vehicle Extension has an actual AI behaviour but it will pull your fps down to 10 on the occasions when it ends up looking for things it can't find until you stop it. This would be inconvenient and confusing for the typical casual player and even the more hardcore simmers who don't happen to understand video games too well (quite common in the FS community, where the disparate subcultures of farming and gaming have overlapped), hence that not being stock.

That Stara seeder in particular overlaps a lot due to some internal value the AI uses to determine working width not being defined correctly. The GPS mod, which looks for the same value as the AI, reveals its autodetected width to be 3.4m instead of the actual value. Couple that with the egregiously noticeable overlapping paths on smaller equipment and you get your effective width of 3.1m or so.
Jade Finch

Post by Jade Finch »

rptr777 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:54 pmSo jealous of you PC guys. The ones on my PS4 version are even more stupid
Just buy a €300 PC instead of spending the same money on a PS5 next generation. *thumbsup*
You can even plug it into your TV and use a controller if you still want the console-style experience.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Giuseppe3 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:25 pm This is how my worker starts another pass:
He's a perfectionist - making sure he gets 100% seed coverage!

Jokes aside, FS17 workers were a massive improvement on FS15 workers to be fair. Sure they still have their flaws, but generally they are pretty useful. Hopefully FS19 will see another stride forward in their behaviours.

But you know what they say about wanting a job doing right...