mercury farms finally on consoles!

The Dude

Re: mercury farms finally on consoles!

Post by The Dude »

Was a bit late to start using this map. Have about 24 hours into it at this point and had to send in a post.

AJ has set the benchmark of the map mechanics for this game. We can debate the map size or the field shapes and sizes etc. But here are the key items that have only been accomplished on this map

File size - it's about 1/4 the file size. Huge plus, I can have everything I want in machine options available. Like it or not the consoles are restrictive in file size and this map addresses this perfectly

Mowing down the ....... hedges!!!!!! - need I say more. I spent an hour just taking a stump grinder to hedge rows just because I could. I hate the hedge rows and this designer figured that out. How many of us have been begging for this option for the last 2 years. Great move

Rolling hills - maps that have 50% water or non farmable land are a waste. There are hills but they are low and rolling which allows for nearly every square foot to be used for farming by the small and medium tractors alike. Likewise you don't need a 300HP tractor to pull a mower up a hill.

Flat area at the barn site - the area at the barn site is large and most importantly FLAT!!! What a concept right..... AJ gets it when many others don't. I have lost track of the maps in which more than half of the placeables can't be used because the ground isn't flat so the floors are so high you can't get a vehicle in them, or that floating concrete floor extends out about 50' to compensate.

Flat smooth trails - I hate the maps in which nearly all of the dirt trails have those stupid ruts which limits speed and control. This map only has one area with some mounds and that can be avoided easily

Buildable, removable, repairable main buildings - finely a modder that understands that not everyone wants nor likes your buildings and prefers to use and place there own. Again another benchmark achievement

Congrats to you AJ for providing a superior map to every other FS17 out there. Keep up the great work and please maintain the key items of the Mercury map going forward. Great job, this is the best map