Plant Growth

Sid1701d

Plant Growth

Post by Sid1701d »

I don't get it half the time I plant half my field and save the game, than I come back later on and say how come only have my field came up.
I wish the game would put you where you left off instead of spawning you at the house every time you start. Or at least a reminder saying please finish planting my field for when I reload the game after some time.

I can't never finish planting the field before the first phase of plants grow, so half the field is within the first phase before I get done seeding the field.
Preble 818

Re: Plant Growth

Post by Preble 818 »

Are you playing with fast growth and time speed up? Cause that's why. Playing slow growth gives you time to spray before its ready for harvest. I also turn growth off while I'm planting. That's the best way imo to prevent that if your not using seasons.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Or the thing I hated before season's was you save before you finished seeding the field. You come back and finish the seeding but still only half the field would grow before the rest.
So when changing player we had to finish the seeding for them, then save then go to are own saved game. Or yeah just turn off the growth but then remembering to turn growth back ON was the other trouble.
PS4
PS5
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Yep that's true. Be interesting to see if any changes are made to plant growth for 19. Theres more steps to be made on a field assuming theres still 3 fertilizer stages. Atm I typically dry feet, plant with fert, and spray when crops come up. No idea if lime will count as a fert stage or if that takes the place of plowing or what but besides fert theres still weeds to attend to. Would make sense than plant growth would be slowed down some if we'll need to spray fertilizer and herbicide ones the crops come up.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Sid1701d wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:07 am I wish the game would put you where you left off instead of spawning you at the house every time you start. Or at least a reminder saying please finish planting my field for when I reload the game after some time.
If you are playing on Windows or macOS you can use the following mod, which will allow the game to remember your current position when saving and pzt you back at that position when you restart the savegame: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

Sid1701d wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:07 am I wish the game would put you where you left off instead of spawning you at the house every time you start.
I think the concept of this is when you're done playing, your farmer is chilling at home. When you come back on, you're exiting the house to go back out to continue working.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

In 19 wherever we set up our farm at on the map will be where we spawn in at from then on, Ik it’s not like I’m the fields where we were when we left but I like this still cause it would be awkward to move your farm but then every time you load in your halfway across the map