Change Difficulty?

Farmie2018

Change Difficulty?

Post by Farmie2018 »

Hi,

Is there a safe and dependable way to change difficulty in FS17? I would like to go from Normal to Hard mode.

Thanks,

F.
parad0x177

Re: Change Difficulty?

Post by parad0x177 »

You can manually edit your saved game XML files and change the appropriate settings. (Sorry, I don’t recall all of them, but they are pretty.). I would recommend making a copy of you saved game first, just for safety.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I don't get why they chose to do the difficulty levels the way they did.

You should be able to start a game as easy/normal/hard and then make a selection as to what type of farm you have. It would be nice to choose and easy game with no farm at the start, or to start with a basic farm in hard mode. I think this is going to cause problems when the MOD makers finally start producing maps.

But I seem to keep finding design decisions in this game and wonder what they were thinking.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

gordon861 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:31 pm I don't get why they chose to do the difficulty levels the way they did.

You should be able to start a game as easy/normal/hard and then make a selection as to what type of farm you have. It would be nice to choose and easy game with no farm at the start, or to start with a basic farm in hard mode. I think this is going to cause problems when the MOD makers finally start producing maps.

But I seem to keep finding design decisions in this game and wonder what they were thinking.
The OP was asking about FS17...
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

oops ...
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

I would prefer to start in hard mode from scratch so I don't have anything and I am poor but after I somehow manage to harvest my first field I would get paid better than what you get paid in hard mode because I have 20 hours on my farm and I barely made any money from harvesting and taking care of my 3 starter fields. It feels almost like slavery and not enjoyable experience. I would have to harvest my field with my basic harvester like 50 times to even make some decent money to buy nicer harvester

paying for seeds, lime, sometimes helper and other expenses makes my profit almost zero