FS 17 multiplayer and paying?

gigemaggs99

FS 17 multiplayer and paying?

Post by gigemaggs99 »

So my son and I are playing multiple player and we have a few questions. We're playing console (Xbox One) if that matters.

1) how do I pay him? He cultivated some of my fields and when I go to pay him it's grayed out, I can kick or ban him but paying him is not an option.

In my settings menu I toggled the "separate accounts" ON and then it started giving him a negative income. So we're really confused.

2) If I can figure out how to pay him what can he buy with that money? More equipment to use on my farms?

3) Can he farm on my farms when I'm not logged on?
Preble 818

Re: FS 17 multiplayer and paying?

Post by Preble 818 »

I haven't played mp but I wonder if it makes a difference whether or not you each belong to the same farm or different farms. If your wanting to just pay his character so he can go on a different savegame I don't think that's possible. I would try having him join a different farm and try that if your on the same one. If he's farm manager he should be able to buy whatever he wants you can set permissions for that. As far as him using your farm when your offline whoever has the savegame on their console must be logged in and in a multiplayer mode for it to be visible to anyone else.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Moving to the FS17 section.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well, how much money do you have? If you dont have atleast 5,000$, then you can't give him money, but as Preble stated, you have to set the option to allow him to buy vehicles equipment ect ect, we have a family farm we play online, i dont believe that giants would change options from PS4 to Xbox, but can you select the amount and click the button, i do believe it goes by 5,000$ increments, i personally dont play online unless i know the person, but you have to be the one who's running the saved game online. But no, you dont have separate farms, you can play like your on your own farm, with your separate account, but you can't control the time ect ect.
markare

Post by markare »

Make sure he has gone to the pause menu, scrolled over to the farm choice screen and joined the farm you have setup. When he does that change his permissions ( I'm guessing you done that since he can use equipment). The money the whole farm has then shows for all players on the map, unlike 17 when it showed personal amounts and communication was needed to figure what can be bought. This time round the total revenue available shows to all farm members, when one person buys something the money disappears on both screens.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
gigemaggs99

Post by gigemaggs99 »

markare wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm Make sure he has gone to the pause menu, scrolled over to the farm choice screen and joined the farm you have setup. When he does that change his permissions ( I'm guessing you done that since he can use equipment). The money the whole farm has then shows for all players on the map, unlike 17 when it showed personal amounts and communication was needed to figure what can be bought. This time round the total revenue available shows to all farm members, when one person buys something the money disappears on both screens.
Last I checked I had around $12,000 I'll mess with more today when he gets home from school.

We were wanting to have an online saved farm the he can access when I'm not logged on and vice versa, we also want to play together at times but if I'm working or busy he wanted access to the same farm so we can work on it together, just not 100% always at the same time.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Unfortunately the only ways to do that would to leave your console on with the game running (not ideal) or on pc with a server.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.