Drunk helpers, personal review

Attack Wave

Drunk helpers, personal review

Post by Attack Wave »

Please note before reading this thread, that I’ve had roughly 1900hrs of game play via FS17, and that I’m not a “noob farmer”.

So, FS19! I was looking forward to this game since hearing of it, I guess the mass hype and the videos I thought to myself this game was going to be immense, however, it was such a disappointment. I’m sorry, I would love to write something amazing, but with what I’ve encountered is the opposite. Don’t get me wrong, the graphics are pretty decent, especially with the colours etc. The sky rendering needs some major work, when I put the time increase to x120, during the hours of 4-8am, it appeared I was under an Alien Invasion.

I love farming the real way as well, so I had every setting on, and occasionally I like to hire a few workers whilst I’m concentrating on other things, however it seems I’m poised with helpers that must had consumed a good litre of whiskey before accepting work from myself. I hired a worker to just plow a large field for me, however half way through, I watched as he flipped the tractor upside down, so when I dismissed him through being drunk, I unhitched from the plow and had to ram the tractor with my truck, after I rammed it, it decided to do a dance in the sky before landing on its side, when I climbed back into the tractor, it wobbled back to the correct way up.

Now, when I hitched back up to the drunken farmers plow, I noticed he must have been a professional in setting booby traps, and the plow decided to flip upside down, resaulting in my constroller learning to fly. So, after I had to plow the field on top of the endless jobs I have waiting, I also noticed that because I dismissed my helper for being drunk, he was also a professional with explosives, because after planting the field, I noticed random circles/ patches of un-worked land (it was done before). Then out of frustration of reworking the land, more patches would appear.

However there are some pro’s on these new helpers from FS17 to 19, because they actually harvest the whole field, and not leave patches when the end of the field goes to a circular corner (if that makes sense).

Ground textures could have been improved, as we’re in a day and age now when you can do anything graphically. The engines are out there, but no, when doing any of the ground work jobs, when you zoom into the floor, it’s still the flat look.

In-game mods, I don’t understand why these are classed as mods, when they should have been included within the base game anyway, and I really miss the machine option in FS17 rather than the new selection in FS19, however I guess things must adapt to help the new ‘novice farmer’.

I’m not liking the new field purchasing system, as I would rather just buy the field and then place a silo beside it, however now you have to buy the field with the land around it as well, unsure why you’d want to buy land when it’s just two cliffs and a river as well. The new “placeable feature” needs major work as well, because when you assume the land is flat before placing it, it really isn’t, and what I thought would make a wonderful farm, turned into a nightmare for driving my machinery into when I’ve finished with them, as there’s more dips & bumps than a roller coaster.

I’ve only done 17hrs on FS19, it would have been far more, however whilst playing the game, I couldn’t help but think that this game could have been worked on better before releasing to the public. I don’t understand Developers these days that rush a game out before it’s actually complete. Fallout 76 for example, was the biggest flop in gaming history.

I also have the Predator 21x gaming laptop, and a PS4 Pro, however I don’t understand that you could release patch for the PC users and not the console users. Because console gamers actually out-win the pc market because there’s a much higher population through console gamers rather than pc gamers.

So for the time being, I’ve taken the disc out of my console, and I won’t be putting it back in until the game as improved. Think I’ll be staying with FS17 for a while.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*
livesea72

Re: Drunk helpers, personal review

Post by livesea72 »

Attack Wave wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:38 am Please note before reading this thread, that I’ve had roughly 1900hrs of game play via FS17, and that I’m not a “noob farmer”.

So, FS19! I was looking forward to this game since hearing of it, I guess the mass hype and the videos I thought to myself this game was going to be immense, however, it was such a disappointment. I’m sorry, I would love to write something amazing, but with what I’ve encountered is the opposite. Don’t get me wrong, the graphics are pretty decent, especially with the colours etc. The sky rendering needs some major work, when I put the time increase to x120, during the hours of 4-8am, it appeared I was under an Alien Invasion.

I love farming the real way as well, so I had every setting on, and occasionally I like to hire a few workers whilst I’m concentrating on other things, however it seems I’m poised with helpers that must had consumed a good litre of whiskey before accepting work from myself. I hired a worker to just plow a large field for me, however half way through, I watched as he flipped the tractor upside down, so when I dismissed him through being drunk, I unhitched from the plow and had to ram the tractor with my truck, after I rammed it, it decided to do a dance in the sky before landing on its side, when I climbed back into the tractor, it wobbled back to the correct way up.

Now, when I hitched back up to the drunken farmers plow, I noticed he must have been a professional in setting booby traps, and the plow decided to flip upside down, resaulting in my constroller learning to fly. So, after I had to plow the field on top of the endless jobs I have waiting, I also noticed that because I dismissed my helper for being drunk, he was also a professional with explosives, because after planting the field, I noticed random circles/ patches of un-worked land (it was done before). Then out of frustration of reworking the land, more patches would appear.

However there are some pro’s on these new helpers from FS17 to 19, because they actually harvest the whole field, and not leave patches when the end of the field goes to a circular corner (if that makes sense).

Ground textures could have been improved, as we’re in a day and age now when you can do anything graphically. The engines are out there, but no, when doing any of the ground work jobs, when you zoom into the floor, it’s still the flat look.

In-game mods, I don’t understand why these are classed as mods, when they should have been included within the base game anyway, and I really miss the machine option in FS17 rather than the new selection in FS19, however I guess things must adapt to help the new ‘novice farmer’.

I’m not liking the new field purchasing system, as I would rather just buy the field and then place a silo beside it, however now you have to buy the field with the land around it as well, unsure why you’d want to buy land when it’s just two cliffs and a river as well. The new “placeable feature” needs major work as well, because when you assume the land is flat before placing it, it really isn’t, and what I thought would make a wonderful farm, turned into a nightmare for driving my machinery into when I’ve finished with them, as there’s more dips & bumps than a roller coaster.

I’ve only done 17hrs on FS19, it would have been far more, however whilst playing the game, I couldn’t help but think that this game could have been worked on better before releasing to the public. I don’t understand Developers these days that rush a game out before it’s actually complete. Fallout 76 for example, was the biggest flop in gaming history.

I also have the Predator 21x gaming laptop, and a PS4 Pro, however I don’t understand that you could release patch for the PC users and not the console users. Because console gamers actually out-win the pc market because there’s a much higher population through console gamers rather than pc gamers.

So for the time being, I’ve taken the disc out of my console, and I won’t be putting it back in until the game as improved. Think I’ll be staying with FS17 for a while.
Once giants test a patch then its sent to Sony and Microsoft to test so its safe to appy to thier systems. It can take anywhere from hours to weeks to get a patch certified.They test multiple games as well, there isn't farming simulator testing section. PC is much simpler once it virus scaned its released.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

I think this post captures a relevant point that could be extended to the frustrations of many... Expectation management!

With regards to the whole "absolutely everything from FS17 should have been included as core content - not as mods", I think Giants has actually gone about this the right way (mostly). How game-breaking is it that a few tractors are no longer part of the base line-up? Quite courteous of Giants to roll out legacy content as mods. Personally, I would rather have the element of choice, especially on console, given the limits imposed by the console OEMs (and NOT Giants!). I guess "Poke-Tractor" ("gotta have 'em all!") is now considered "core gameplay"?

I would also offer that many people are approaching FS19 as if it were a personalized, bespoke experience for them alone. The reality is that the player-base is quite vast, and we all are looking for different things. Thankfully, in many cases there is overlap between us! Unfortunately, in an effort to appeal as much as possible to such a wide, diverse player-base, compromises are required.

I wonder if anyone making such complaints, also happened to be one who eagerly awaited for the inclusion of JD, without considering the level of effort required to update such pre-existing models AND introduce a whole new brand? Or that maybe the cost analysis for including JD (licensing costs, loosely proportional to scope, i.e. number of tractors), while maintaining a reasonable price-point, were traded-off against the number of developers? Only so many people available, and so much time in a day...
Attack Wave

Post by Attack Wave »

Unfortunately I wasn’t that fussed about JD, I don’t rate any of their equipment, I just don’t understand why others craved them for so long.

However I have both a console and gaming laptop (Predator 21X) and I’m still experiencing the same issues (after installing the update via laptop). I’m now seeing my Sugarbeet Harvesters just dump their load as a whole rather than into a trailer. I’m also seeing my seeders not able to reverse however just drive off a cliff instead.

I also don’t get this “Land Scale” system that was implemented, when you want to place a building/ silo, when you believe the ground is flat, it really isn’t and then it costs near enough double of the original price.

After scrolling through the endless Facebook comments when past version machines are now here as a “mod”, there’s actually a lot of both anger and disappointment, but hey, that’s your “Customer Base”, because without them, a Games Development Studio just wouldn’t exist.
PS4 Gamer. Currently Playing in the Yukon whilst back to Gold Mining.

PS4: Karatekid_30

Go pro or go home *thumbsup*