Why are the Field Owners not working?

Farmer Pain

Why are the Field Owners not working?

Post by Farmer Pain »

I'm playing the Lone Oak map on Hard mode on my X-Box. I have the Seasons mode installed and am playing in "Real Time" on 3 day seasons. In Early, Mid and Late Spring I completed the smaller missions for the other Farmers. By smaller, I mean mission i can get done in 30 min or less. I didn't attempt any missions that were going to take over 30 min. I don't have that kind of patience. I work through the night doing forestry work and cutting grass for silage so I don't "skip the night" as suggested by Realismus. I am currently in the later part of Early Summer and the fields that I didn't work during a Mission are still in the Harvested stage. The owner/farmer of these fields have not touched them in 4 transitions.

Sometime between Mid and Late Spring I fast forwarded the game speed to 120x to get past midnight to verify future animal prices. I noticed while fast forwarding, that work was getting done by the owner/farmer of the fields. The Map showed the Harvested fields now at the Cultivated or Growing stage. I didn't save the game, because my intent was just to fast forward enough to see the changes in animal prices.

Why are the Computer controlled Owners/Farmers not working their fields? Is it because I am playing in Real Time and not the suggested 5x speed.

I have also noticed that they do not plow any of their own fields. If I were to purchase one of their fields with a crop in it that's at the final growing stage, would the field yield 100% or 90% which is minus the plowed bonus?
gamerman01

Re: Why are the Field Owners not working?

Post by gamerman01 »

That's just the way they made the game. This is the first version where you can work fields you don't own. In earlier versions, all unowned fields were just blank, so this is a step in the right direction - making the world look more alive.