Major fault in Game Mod Updates List?

astrostar1963

Major fault in Game Mod Updates List?

Post by astrostar1963 »

Good day. :biggrin2:

Fellow players, I been playing FS 17 game for ages and using on and off
the in built Mod downloading section in the game main menu!

Now Major fault has happened that although the updates for already installed mods
come up on the in built mod downloading list screen.. I can't update any of them?

Normally the starting area shows your MODS that are listed as installed and sometimes a update
will come onto the list of my mods now installed.

And then I can click on the update mod and the system downloads the one or ones needed to do?

Now I got 15 updates waiting to be downloaded and installed by the in built mod system,
But for odd reason when I click on any of those 15 update on screen buttons for each mod, Nothing happens?

The update word there is gray not white, the white wording would show it is ready to be clicked on to
download it and have the system install that update!

So how do I sort this fault out?

I reinstalled the latest official game update in case over time it was not working due to any possible errors!
No change on the updates for the installed mods, No other errors have happened and all the mods work Ok.

What can be the reason the mod installed list shows there is updates as normal but I can't download any now? :confusednew: Any help be great. I know allot of players now play the FS 19 But the 17 version is still great to play.
pingu

Re: Major fault in Game Mod Updates List?

Post by pingu »

I have seen this several times during the life of FS17. The most common scenario for me has been that it fixed itself after some time (directly after a restart of the game or some hours later or maybe the next day). On some instances, it happened only to a mod that I had modified myself after I downloaded it. If you do that, ModHub marks that mod as having an update available since what's installed is different from what ModHub has. Of course, in those cases I do *not* want to download it since that would delete my changes to the mod. And maybe it is the same issue in both occasion, and that it happened to a mod I had modified was just a coincidence.

I still play FS17 and actually used ModHub yesterday, and it is still up and running.

Note that you can also access ModHub through a web browser and download mods that way. But then you have to 'install' them yourself (usually just a matter of moving a file from one folder to another).
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->