What steering wheel are people using

Leadwell66

What steering wheel are people using

Post by Leadwell66 »

What steering wheel are people using in FS?
I did use the sailak heavy equipment one but it failed after 18 months got a replacement and that also failed. Now looking for an alternative steering wheel to use.
I am using windows 10 on a pc.
bzacon

Re: What steering wheel are people using

Post by bzacon »

Hi, sorry to hear about your heavy equipment wheels. I use a Logitech G29 and 2 Saitek Cyborg Evos for telehandlers/logging etc. I manually set steering centering to 5% (have to type it in in logitech gaming software) and that feels about right to easily feed the wheel but still find center. Honestly wish I had 1 or 2 more pedals, as it's a lot of fun to set accelerate and clutch for steering and drive tracked vehicles around with a hand throttle, but then it gets old and I just want my gas pedal back :P I'm glad I got the Playstation version for the scroll dial and +/- buttons, which the xbox version doesn't have. They're not a must have, but I'm glad the sale at Best Buy nudged me that way by being out of the Xbox version. Not sure what region you're in, but there are occasionally deals to be had. The newer Logitech wheels are not perfect, but worth the extra spend over something a little cheaper, and the build quality is quite good. I've had mine about 18 months and it feels pretty much like new.

PS: The 3 pedals and shifter come in handy in 17 too with Mogli's gearbox (and joystick throttle with rpm dependent hydraulics addon) Now I want to go back to FS15 and try setting the clutch as an inching pedal for loader work :D