FS17 mods for realism

pingu

FS17 mods for realism

Post by pingu »

Well... 3 1/2 years later and FS17 is still a great game. But I wouldn't be playing it without the mods. I thought I list some of the mods I have installed. This is not about machinery or placeable, but rather the mods that to me adds to realism and a better gameplay experience. Here we go...

adBlueUsage
AnimatedObjectDoorFix
BaleAddon
BettetMinimap
CCAddon
choppedStraw
DCK_Compass
DCK_FollowMe
DCK_Glance
DCK_QuickCamera
DrawMixerWagon
ForRealModule01_CropDestruction
ForRealModule02_TireDirt
ForRealModule03_GroundResponse
GameExtension
GPS
Handbreak
KeyboardSteer
ManureMod
MapSoundTrigger
moreRealistic
PlaceAnywhere
real_clock
RealerNight
RM_birchGrowth
RM_Seasons
RockSpawn
sawdust
SkySwap / SkyPack
startPointSave
StopMilkSale
WaterTrailerFix
TrailerSound
UnitConvert

Some of you will probably miss Courseplay from my list, but it is not needed for the way I enjoy playing FS. I hardly ever use hired helpers for field work, and FollowMe gives me all the realistic help I need with transporting things from point A to B.

I know I missed a ton of good FS17 mods, so I'm interested to hear about other mods of this type (realism, convenience, GUI, fun...) from you who still play FS17. Maybe some I missed are still possible to download from some decent site.
Last edited by pingu on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
norfolk farmer

Re: FS17 mods for realism

Post by norfolk farmer »

Very similar set up for me, id add proseed and the sprayer add on to the list.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

pingu wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:02 pm Well... 3 1/2 years later and FS17 is still a great game. But I wouldn't be playing it without the mods. I thought I list some of the mods I have installed. This is not about machinery or placeable, but rather the mods that to me adds to realism and a better gameplay experience. Here we go...

adBlueUsage
AnimatedObjectDoorFix
BaleAddon
BettetMinimap
CCAddon
choppedStraw
DCK_Compass
DCK_FollowMe
DCK_Glance
DCK_QuickCamera
DrawMixerWagon
ForRealModule01_CropDestruction
ForRealModule02_TireDirt
ForRealModule03_GroundResponse
GameExtension
GPS
Handbreak
KeyboardSteer
ManureMod
MapSoundTrigger
moreRealistic
PlaceAnywhere
real_clock
RealerNight
RM_birchGrowth
RM_Seasons
RockSpawn
sawdust
SkySwap / SkyPack
startPointSave
StopMilkSale
WaterTrailerFix
TrailerSound
UnitConvert

Some of you will probably miss Courseplay from my list, but it is not needed for the way I enjoy playing FS. I hardly ever use hired helpers for field work, and FollowMe gives me all the realistic help I need with transporting things from point A to B.

I know I missed a ton of good FS17 mods, so I'm interested to hear about other mods of this type (realism, convenience, GUI, fun...) from you who still play FS17. Maybe some I missed are still possible to download from some decent site.
I have most of those but not quite your full list. Pretty much love them all. Don't forget Gearbox Addon! Might be my next favourite after Seasons. I also recently tried Stubble Cultivator which is quite cool and sort of simulates multi-stage tillage. I have been meaning to configure a map for Grazing Mod and try that out too but haven't gotten to it. If only there was Soilmod for 17 we could make it do almost everything I've ever wanted in 17.
pingu

Post by pingu »

Thanks for your answers!

I remember seeing ProSeed in the ModHub long ago. The author of the mod didn't bother to spend a few minutes to write a description of what the mod actually does, so I skipped it... :confusednew:

Stubble Cultivator is something I totally missed and it sounds interesting! Have to see if I can find it on some sanitized site. :coolnew:
yumi

Post by yumi »

pingu wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 pm Thanks for your answers!

I remember seeing ProSeed in the ModHub long ago. The author of the mod didn't bother to spend a few minutes to write a description of what the mod actually does, so I skipped it... :confusednew:

Stubble Cultivator is something I totally missed and it sounds interesting! Have to see if I can find it on some sanitized site. :coolnew:
Stubble Cultivator mod is just here. https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 If you want FS17 version it was on fs-uk but I can send you a link.
moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github
pingu

Post by pingu »

yumi wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:01 pm Stubble Cultivator mod is just here. https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 If you want FS17 version it was on fs-uk but I can send you a link.
I would be greatful for that! Found on some shady mod site, but I do not want to support those by d/l it from there... :neutralnew:
yumi

Post by yumi »

moreRealistic fan !
FS19 "mr" on Old Farm Coutryside and Champs de France.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Contractor Mod Beta version for FS22
All released mods source code is on Github