BGA Silage clearance

oakchip

BGA Silage clearance

Post by oakchip »

I am currently playing the map "The Old Farm Countryside". Now, I know this is a Beta version, with bugs and faults. As far as I know no final version was ever released. Most bugs I can work around, or just ignore. There is one, however I find really annoying and would like to correct, if I can work around it. The 'official' BGA site has 2 clamps. Once filled they cannot be completely emptied of silage. All attempts fail to clear them below about 23,000 litres. This means you cannot use the 'Silage Cleaner' mod, as this only works if the fill level is below 20,000 litres. Visually the clamps look empty. Can the XML file be edited to chnage the fill level to zero? If so, where would I find the file?? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance
pingu

Re: BGA Silage clearance

Post by pingu »

I remember seeing this on a FS17 map I played years ago... Was it Lossberg, maybe...? Anyway, I emptied the silo with the tractor+shovel, but the menu still said it contained some silage. Found out that some grass had leaked to the outside of the concrete wall, and turned into silage along with the stuff inside. Seemed like some boundaries of the clamp was a little off. Luckily there were no trees in the way, so I could get it off the ground. Could be worth checking out...
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
oakchip

Post by oakchip »

Yes Piingu, the left hand clamp does have some grass intruding into the clamp. Not possible to clear I'm afraid. But that is not the source of the problem. The right hand clamp has no grass but the same problem. I'm afraid altering the XML file will be the only solution or abandoning the BGA altogether on this map.
oakchip

Post by oakchip »

Finally found a solution on the internet. You need to edit the "vehicles" XML file in your 'savegame'. Search for "bga" when you open the file. I used Notepad to edit it. The line you are looking for looks like this:-
"<onCreateLoadedObject saveId="BunkerSilo_cowSilo" state="0" fillLevel="0" compactedFillLevel="0" fermentingTime="0" fermentingPercent="0" openedAtFront="false" openedAtBack="false"/>" This is for a cow silo.
The values should be as above. It works for other bunkers as well, just search for the appropriate term, such as cows or pigs.
An alternative I saw (but not tried) is to use conveyor belts, which will 'pull' the missing silage out of the silo and dump it into a trailer - or on the ground.