[FS17] Feedback

Hairy Bob

Re: [FS17] Feedback

Post by Hairy Bob »

Surely growing crops in places where crops grow naturally is more desirable than farming in a desert by (presumably) pumping water from aquifers?
I would like to see some form of agronomy in the game, introducing pests, weeds, fungi, pH and nutrient levels à la FS15's soilmod would add another level of depth to the game for hardcore players. I suspect that the majority of sales are to casual gamers, and so I'd be surprised if we see it in FS of the future, except as a mod.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
BigNRichlll

Post by BigNRichlll »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 pm
BigNRichlll wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:07 pm
Hotsy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 pm I would like to see coming up some new more modern add-ons like field watering and pest and fungus treating on the fields as many more crops to grow.
Yeah I'm surprised they haven't figured out irrigation by now. Where in the world does it rain enough to water crops, & why on earth would people live there?! I always run a sprayer over my crops "simulating" pesticide because that's a definite issue here as well. I think I'd like to see the fertilizer go to 1,2,or 3 selectable, & pesticide be its own category with maybe a 5-10% benefit. Where I'm from we fertilize once with solid,& once with liquid in our irrigation on most crops.
There are plenty of places that don't need to irrigate, and that doesn't make it a bad place to live. Also we rarely if ever have to apply pesticide. So why would you want to live in a dry hellhole overrun with bugs?
I mean crop tonnage, glorious sunshine, & heat all come to mind. But maybe thats just me. I get pretty salty about life if it dips under 80 degrees. :mrgreen:
I make jokes that others don't get.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Hotsy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:33 pm I would like to see coming up some new more modern add-ons like field watering and pest and fungus treating on the fields as many more crops to grow.
Yeah I'm surprised they haven't figured out irrigation by now. Where in the world does it rain enough to water crops, & why on earth would people live there?! I always run a sprayer over my crops "simulating" pesticide because that's a definite issue here as well. I think I'd like to see the fertilizer go to 1,2,or 3 selectable, & pesticide be its own category with maybe a 5-10% benefit. Where I'm from we fertilize once with solid,& once with liquid in our irrigation on most crops.
I take it you're making a joke? That or you've got a pretty tight set of worldly blinkers on :smileynew: The majority of the cultivated acres in the world are unirrigated. Intensive irrigation only occurs in fairly select pockets where a large freshwater resource is available, and the growing season is hot and long enough to make use of that extra water when it's applied, and there are conditions to produce and a market for the higher-value crops that are generally required to offset the extra costs of irrigation. Everywhere else you put the crop in and hope it rains when you need it and holds off when you don't.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Hairy Bob wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm Surely growing crops in places where crops grow naturally is more desirable than farming in a desert by (presumably) pumping water from aquifers?
I would like to see some form of agronomy in the game, introducing pests, weeds, fungi, pH and nutrient levels à la FS15's soilmod would add another level of depth to the game for hardcore players. I suspect that the majority of sales are to casual gamers, and so I'd be surprised if we see it in FS of the future, except as a mod.
Yes this exactly. An optional mode that included agronomy in the vein of the old soilmod would be just outstanding. As fun as the game generally is, there really is no meaningful management to it. I would also love to see more soil characteristics and the ability to manipulate them such as tilth, subsoil compaction, surface residue, seedbed firmness... each implement could affect each of the parameters differently (as they do in real life) and you would actually have to plan which implements were used how often in what combination to achieve what you were going for. The way it works now where cultivators, harrows, disks, presses, power harrows, packers all do the same thing and under all conditions and only require one operation for every field situation is almost comical from a simulation point of view. Different soil types and different climates could also affect each of these parameters. It wouldn't even be hard to implement for someone who knew where to find the right variables to write the mod. Each attribute is just another numerical layer like fertility or crop stage.

There is so much that could be added in terms of management simulation that would feel like you were interacting with a so much more realistic system. If it is all kept optional like ploughing and fertilizing presently are, it could be there for the keeners who want it without making the arcade gameplay more complicated for those who are just looking for driving zen :biggrin2:
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

Is there any benefit of getting the PC version over the XB1 version?

I purchased the XB1 version on a whim back in December and have become quite the fan. However recently I purchased a gaming PC and was wondering if the PC version was worth picking up or if it would be better to just hold off until FS19?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

The game regarding basic grahpics and gameplay is the same on all platforms
Some advantages of PC/Mac version:
- access to nearly unlimited mods, while consoles are restricted to those released in the modhub
- players can improved the graphics a bit more with external programs or small changes to xml files
- access to the Giants editor to make own maps/change/fix already existing ones / make small changes to vehicle/equipment mods
- ability to do changes to savegames
- limit of mods and bought vehicles in game is only limited by your hardware not by a hardcoded limit (and is higher than on console)
- Mac and Pc user can play together in multiplayer
- Dedicated server support for more stable online experience

Consoles have the advantage of a more stable version even with mods and updates come automatically, on PC only through steam or as mac user

i probably missed some points but this should give an overview.

FS19 is still in development and will probably released in fall, if you plan to play a lot FS till then it's worth to buy it for PC, otherwise i would wait for FS19. Be aware that the amount of mods on launch of FS19 will be near zero, so if you like playing with mods keep that in mind.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
drizz786

Post by drizz786 »

Hi all, just curious when the devs will make good on correcting head position in vehicles? as this is mentioned in the "insider videos" with the collectors pack.
i have bought all dlc so far but fyi cnc lets you adjust head position so it's not impossible.
just to be clear the default position makes the players head inline with the roof so ant bounce will give a sore head, clearly this is wrong so how about a proper "simulated head position" after all is this not farm sim or is it farm like working game??
The competition is catching, time to shine.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

BigNRichlll wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:17 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 pm

There are plenty of places that don't need to irrigate, and that doesn't make it a bad place to live. Also we rarely if ever have to apply pesticide. So why would you want to live in a dry hellhole overrun with bugs?
I mean crop tonnage, glorious sunshine, & heat all come to mind. But maybe thats just me. I get pretty salty about life if it dips under 80 degrees. :mrgreen:
It varies by the land and buildings the farmer
gpmannen

Post by gpmannen »

leonebianco24 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 pm hello to everyone in the next chapter of fs other things I'd like to see:
[...]
4) Dynamic soil, irrigation, impantanature
[...]
THESE ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO IMPROVE THE BEST GAME, ESPECIALLY FS19 WILL THE ANNIVERSARY OF 10 YEARS FROM THE EXIT OF THE FIRST FARMING, SO WE HOPE YOU READ THIS CONVERSATION AND GIANTS CI Amaze.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, THE NEXT.
Dynamic soil would be the best modification Farming Simulator could do to hold the number one position on the Farm Sim. games.

I personally feel that CnC
:this:
is a big threat right now, it's looking pretty sharp.
Glad FS17 has so many unofficial mods that's their main advantage.
Last edited by gpmannen on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Honestly, CnC is too detailed, a pain in the ass to learn how to whole game works. People are already complaining FS is too complicated and CnC is taking that a step further.
Besides, it needs better hardware to run decently.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
gpmannen

Post by gpmannen »

I totally get your point, too much detail could ruin a game for many ppl. That's why I find this quote from the developers of CnC so refreshing:
Not everyone likes fully realistic physics, intense weather changes, employees with needs or animals and plants that get sick. In Cattle n Crops it’s up to you: customize many important gameplay settings, or even turn them off completely.
I find the level of detail to be on a good level but can understand that it's already too much in FS17.
The main selling point for CnC is the graphics and dynamic ground. But if you got the hardware to run it I suggest you check it out if you're like me, a *censored* for realistic machine simulators.

But I would also really love to see dynamic ground in FS19, that would make me more likely to stick with FS rather than going over to CnC. (That and also maybe better traffic :lol: )
bigskinner

Post by bigskinner »

b101uk wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:04 am :search:
It is a moving violation contra Washington State Law (code RCW 46.61.200) to fail to bring a vehicle to a complete stop at stop signs at road intersections, as shown between 3:07-3:10 in your Farming Simulator 17 – Gameplay #1 : From Seeds to Harvest video. :chinese:

anyway that got me thinking :hmm:, how about some very basic traffic laws with small fines that penalise the driver when driving on public roads? e.g.
speeding.
not stopping at stop signs.
not obeying traffic lights at road junctions.
not stopping at rail crossings when required. (I did spy the rail crossing in the video just before the truck ran the stop sign)
persistently driving on the wrong side of the road.
failing to use indicators when turning at road junctions.
failing to use vehicle lights at night.
crashes into other road vehicles.
YEAAAAAAAAA , and a cop car coming outa the bush with lights flashing , and a real cop car chase when the bugger don't pull over and stop , thad be great ,
tenminlate

Post by tenminlate »

HI NEW TO THE FORUM, I AM LOOKING TO SEE IT FS19 WILL BE VR OR ARE THEY WORKING ON IT.

THANKS
W1der

Post by W1der »

tenminlate wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:20 pm HI NEW TO THE FORUM, I AM LOOKING TO SEE IT FS19 WILL BE VR OR ARE THEY WORKING ON IT.

THANKS
Welcome to the forum ...

Probably not for FS19 ... but I read somewhere that they might implement it in the future (when more end users have the possibility to use it).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
tenminlate

Post by tenminlate »

ok thanks for the info