[FS17] Feedback

Xtrememaster

Re: [FS17] Feedback

Post by Xtrememaster »

BigC92 wrote:
Xtrememaster wrote:Like to know why decided to skipped the buy option for chickens? Like to see it reverted, and that we also can sell chickens for meat.
You dont buy chickens, you let the eggs hatch, im wondering if you get to feed them?
Thats just a boring element in the game.. If we could buy them then we also use it to sell for meat. (chicken , chickenwings ect)
Also think we can use a big shed for production (like the cows and pigs)
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Xtrememaster wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Xtrememaster wrote:Like to know why decided to skipped the buy option for chickens? Like to see it reverted, and that we also can sell chickens for meat.
You dont buy chickens, you let the eggs hatch, im wondering if you get to feed them?
Thats just a boring element in the game.. If we could buy them then we also use it to sell for meat. (chicken , chickenwings ect)
Also think we can use a big shed for production (like the cows and pigs)
I could go for that.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Xtrememaster wrote:I see in the trailer no 1 that the field texture of cultivating is changed to a better looking one.. Please also change the others ( plowing ect.)

Iam also missing an animation for the baler pick-up and other pick ups.. Can these animations also be added?

The bale trailer (with automatic pick-up also missing an animation) can this be added?

In FS15 it wasnt possible to move fermented silage from BGA to other `empty` BGA (you could scoop it in a trailer) and move it around every where.. But it wasnt possible to dump it in a `empty` BGA (can this be added)
there is a problem with moving silage IRL to other pits

silage in pits lasts because it is highly compressed and has a low PH and even if uncovered the bulk of it remains oxygen deprived in the low PH state because it isn't disturbed, if you were to move it into an adjoining pit the decaying process would start because a bulk of it would be exposed to oxygen etc during the move to another pit, and as it no longer compressed and because oxygen will have kick-started the aerobic digestion and raising of the PH it would be worth a lot less nutritionally and have little value after a relatively short period of time, given it would then be doing in the pit what it should be doing in the BGA although in the opposite form (Aerobic digestion [with oxygen] in the pit vs anaerobic digestion [without oxygen] in the BGA plant).

[although silage is made by employing anaerobic digestion, the PH drop is what stops the fermenting process in the pit initially, which is where anaerobic digestion in a BGA plant differs as a more neutral PH is maintained - while aerobic digestion would pose risk with flammable gasses in a closed system due to oxygen and flammable gas mix]

it would make more sense to have a couple of classes of "silage"
virgin silage, has never been removed from a pit and remains so until the point it is first tipped out of the loader bucket, it is also has the highest density of all silages, if it is tipped into the BGA it remains as virgin silage and consumed as normal, if it is tipped into a trailer or mixer wagon it becomes "feed silage" which logically remains as feed silage if tipped into a animal feed trough or other feeding receptacle, it also has a lower density meaning you require more volume to store it in, on the other hand if any of the aforementioned silage gets tipped into another pit it becomes decaying silage, which has a short finite lifetime at maximum value and volume before which decay starts which shrinks both volume and value/m3, until ultimately at the point it has fully decayed it becomes compost, which only has value as fertiliser spread with a manure spreader or sold at the garden centre for a relatively low price/tonne or per 1m3.

it would be logical given different classes of silage to have different density e.g.
virgin silage: volume x1, value x1 per 1m3
feed silage: volume x1.5, value x0.5 per 1m3 (feed silage in trailers etc automatically becomes decaying silage after 12h subject to the >12h decay beneath)
decaying silage: volume x1.5, value x0.5 per 1m3 for the first 12h, after >12h to <48h decay happens with volume shrinking slowly down to volume x0.5 and the value =0 @ BGA and becomes compost

having something like the above would allow tipping of silage into other pits (or other forms of green waist if only doing it for the purpose of compost), but with some logical penalty's/advantage to doing so, it mirrors some aspects of IRL problems with moving silage, it provides another method besides cows for production of organic spreadable solid fertiliser akin to manure, it could be sold at the garden centre, and give more use for the BGA and silage in general besides the large amounts of cash the BGA brings if you are more looking for an alternative to having cows for something akin to manure.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

b101uk wrote:
Xtrememaster wrote:I see in the trailer no 1 that the field texture of cultivating is changed to a better looking one.. Please also change the others ( plowing ect.)

Iam also missing an animation for the baler pick-up and other pick ups.. Can these animations also be added?

The bale trailer (with automatic pick-up also missing an animation) can this be added?

In FS15 it wasnt possible to move fermented silage from BGA to other `empty` BGA (you could scoop it in a trailer) and move it around every where.. But it wasnt possible to dump it in a `empty` BGA (can this be added)
there is a problem with moving silage IRL to other pits

silage in pits lasts because it is highly compressed and has a low PH and even if uncovered the bulk of it remains oxygen deprived in the low PH state because it isn't disturbed, if you were to move it into an adjoining pit the decaying process would start because a bulk of it would be exposed to oxygen etc during the move to another pit, and as it no longer compressed and because oxygen will have kick-started the aerobic digestion and raising of the PH it would be worth a lot less nutritionally and have little value after a relatively short period of time, given it would then be doing in the pit what it should be doing in the BGA although in the opposite form (Aerobic digestion [with oxygen] in the pit vs anaerobic digestion [without oxygen] in the BGA plant).

[although silage is made by employing anaerobic digestion, the PH drop is what stops the fermenting process in the pit initially, which is where anaerobic digestion in a BGA plant differs as a more neutral PH is maintained - while aerobic digestion would pose risk with flammable gasses in a closed system due to oxygen and flammable gas mix]

it would make more sense to have a couple of classes of "silage"
virgin silage, has never been removed from a pit and remains so until the point it is first tipped out of the loader bucket, it is also has the highest density of all silages, if it is tipped into the BGA it remains as virgin silage and consumed as normal, if it is tipped into a trailer or mixer wagon it becomes "feed silage" which logically remains as feed silage if tipped into a animal feed trough or other feeding receptacle, it also has a lower density meaning you require more volume to store it in, on the other hand if any of the aforementioned silage gets tipped into another pit it becomes decaying silage, which has a short finite lifetime at maximum value and volume before which decay starts which shrinks both volume and value/m3, until ultimately at the point it has fully decayed it becomes compost, which only has value as fertiliser spread with a manure spreader or sold at the garden centre for a relatively low price/tonne or per 1m3.

it would be logical given different classes of silage to have different density e.g.
virgin silage: volume x1, value x1 per 1m3
feed silage: volume x1.5, value x0.5 per 1m3 (feed silage in trailers etc automatically becomes decaying silage after 12h subject to the >12h decay beneath)
decaying silage: volume x1.5, value x0.5 per 1m3 for the first 12h, after >12h to <48h decay happens with volume shrinking slowly down to volume x0.5 and the value =0 @ BGA and becomes compost

having something like the above would allow tipping of silage into other pits (or other forms of green waist if only doing it for the purpose of compost), but with some logical penalty's/advantage to doing so, it mirrors some aspects of IRL problems with moving silage, it provides another method besides cows for production of organic spreadable solid fertiliser akin to manure, it could be sold at the garden centre, and give more use for the BGA and silage in general besides the large amounts of cash the BGA brings if you are more looking for an alternative to having cows for something akin to manure.
I get what your saying, it would be a waste of time and hard work to get it to point a to point b. Is an easier way of saying it. :lol:
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

:search:
It is a moving violation contra Washington State Law (code RCW 46.61.200) to fail to bring a vehicle to a complete stop at stop signs at road intersections, as shown between 3:07-3:10 in your Farming Simulator 17 – Gameplay #1 : From Seeds to Harvest video. :chinese:

anyway that got me thinking :hmm:, how about some very basic traffic laws with small fines that penalise the driver when driving on public roads? e.g.
speeding.
not stopping at stop signs.
not obeying traffic lights at road junctions.
not stopping at rail crossings when required. (I did spy the rail crossing in the video just before the truck ran the stop sign)
persistently driving on the wrong side of the road.
failing to use indicators when turning at road junctions.
failing to use vehicle lights at night.
crashes into other road vehicles.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

b101uk wrote::search:
It is a moving violation contra Washington State Law (code RCW 46.61.200) to fail to bring a vehicle to a complete stop at stop signs at road intersections, as shown between 3:07-3:10 in your Farming Simulator 17 – Gameplay #1 : From Seeds to Harvest video. :chinese:

anyway that got me thinking :hmm:, how about some very basic traffic laws with small fines that penalise the driver when driving on public roads? e.g.
speeding.
not stopping at stop signs.
not obeying traffic lights at road junctions.
not stopping at rail crossings when required. (I did spy the rail crossing in the video just before the truck ran the stop sign)
persistently driving on the wrong side of the road.
failing to use indicators when turning at road junctions.
failing to use vehicle lights at night.
crashes into other road vehicles.
Hey, what an idea, Giants, what do you say? I know darn well that farmers dont get a 'get out of jail free' card.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I have to admit I am looking forward to the release of FS17. I am very happy with the list of new features and it will greatly improve the base game. I am not so worried about the new equipment, as mods will take care of a lot, especially if the conversion from FS15 to 17 is relatively straight forward. The real challenge will be to get some good quality mods, that are up to the giants standards. I have lost count of how many hours I have lost to fixing poorly done mods.
I am very pleased to see the return of the Amazon Condor seeder, for big maps its a must. I do also hope that there is a decent range of smaller equipment as well. I love the map and equipment in the gold edition and it will be good if we could see a return of the equipment in the gold edition. I hope that Giants to do a re release of previous DLC's for FS17. I would love to see all the DLC's that were available for FS13, and 15 available in FS17. I know that quite a lot of of the vehicles and equipment, that were available as DLC's in 13 made their way into the base game of FS15, so hopefully that trend will continue into FS17. I especially hope that Holmer make an appearance and I would gladly pay again for another Holmer DLC if it had even more Holmer equipment in it. I would like to see more Zetor tractors and Ursus tractors and equipment. I would also like to see Giants do a slightly wider range of equipment and tractors from each manufacturer, even if these were released as paid DLC tractor packs.
For example, I tend to use one brand of tractor on each of my farms, I would like to be able to start off a map with say older Massey equipment, MF 300 series etc, then as funds allow, buy newer and bigger equipment. I am not a fan of simply having all the biggest and best equipment. So I would love to see a MF, or Fendt, or any other manufacturer where we had the choice to buy their older 70's and 80's stock and work up to modern day equipment. Obviously there would also be the need for smaller equipment ranging up to modern day stuff. These could be released as DLC's. I know I would pay for such.
I know there will be plenty mods out there, I will convert a lot of the stuff I already have, but if its done by Giants, then its done right and it is nice to get new equipment in the game that doesnt have lots of errors or bugs and that just works first time.

As far as I can tell from the released information, it certainly seems that Giants have been listening to the FS community and seem to have come up with a good compromise. I really like to sound of the new missions, I never did play any of the missions in 13 or 15, as they were all a bit pointless. Now it seems that there is a reason to do missions. I also like the sound of the improved soil tillage and fertilisation. This will be much better. I like to play as realistically as possible, but I dont use the soil mod, as I play for fun, and I find the soil mod to be a bit overbearing at times.

All in all, I think it is a good job by Giants, and I am looking froward to seeing more information. I would also like to know more about the modding side of FS17 to see see how difficult or easy it will be to convert mods over.
Last edited by farmer_bell on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

farmer_bell wrote:I have to admit I am looking forward to the release of FS17. I am very happy with the list of new features and it will greatly improve the base game. I am not so worried about the new equipment, as mods will take care of a lot, especially if the conversion from FS15 to 17 is relatively straight forward. The real challenge will be to get some good quality mods, that are up to the giants standards. I have lost count of how many hours I have lost to fixing poorly done mods.
I am very pleased to see the return of the Amazon Condor seeder, for big maps its a must. I do also hope that there is a decent range of smaller equipment as well. I love the map and equipment in the gold edition and it will be good if we could see a return of the equipment in the gold edition. Personally, I would really like Giants to do a re release of previous DLC's for FS17. I would love to see all the DLC's that were available for FS13, and 15 available in FS17. I have bought every DLC for 13 and 15 and there is some very good equipment in them. I would quite happily pay again to have all of those vehicles in FS17, especially if they are all done to giants standards.

As far as I can tell from the released information, it certainly seems that Giants have been listening to the FS community and seem to have come up with a good compromise. I really like to sound of the new missions, I never did play any of the missions in 13 or 15, as they were all a bit pointless. Now it seems that there is a reason to do missions. I also like the sound of the improved soil tillage and fertilisation. This will be much better. I like to play as realistically as possible, but I dont use the soil mod, as I play for fun, and I find the soil mod to be a bit overbearing at times.

All in all, I think it is a good job by Giants, and I am looking froward to seeing more information. I would also like to know more about the modding side of FS17 to see see how difficult or easy it will be to convert mods over.
For me on the mission part, it had to be the right mission, i do all of the mowing and the great demands for grain, cause of cattle and silage demand, but for pallet, i do 5400 or better, i hope the demands for certain grain will stay in game, but all in all i agree with you 100% man.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Cruise control ...

Is there any changes to this feature in FS17?

As it is setup now with increments of 1 is driving me crazy.
Would rather see that it is something like his ... (or at least something better than it is now).

1-15 km/h ... increments of 1
15-XX km/h ... increments of 5

I am using the Saitek side panel but stopped using the wheel (cause of all the spinning I had to do) instead I use button 22-24 for the cruise control instead.
22 ... "+"
23 ... "-"
24 ... "toggle"
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

somthing that realy should be in fs17 which i could not see in the gameplay trailer is crop destruction so that when you drive in a field thats ready to harvest the crops get destroyed where the wheels are. if implemented into the game there should also be an option to turn it on and off :)
playing on pc
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

So far I like what I've been hearing on the new features. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the new features regarding animals. That was the area in most need of upgrades.
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

I have seen a interview in German with one of the Giants developers, about the different new and improved features. By every answer, I got more excited about it. The fact that you can now fertilize 3 times in between steps is super. It can get you around 30% extra yield, every time. So 90% more yield after 3 steps. You need to plough your field after several harvests is great. Sadly no destruction of your crops as you drive over it. I guess we need to wait for the modders on that. The fact that pigs will be in the game is super, also that animals now can really breed, so that you have to sell them. The helpers now see trees and avoid them. Better sound also in the cabine.
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

in the trailer the white truck seems like it is not finished when they show the first person view look at the dash board it is all gray and the truck itself looks like it is a little bit too small for the trailer and it is also a little bit too low to the ground compared to the trailer you can clearly see it when they are hooking up the trailer to the truck but other than that the game looks great and i cant wait to play it :)
playing on pc
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

No the semi isnt finished yet, its not painted.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

with fertilisation 3 times per crop it also begs the question, are they finally going to implement optional fertiliser capacity on some of the seed drills, giving you the option with appropriate seed drills to fill the hoppers with ##% seed and ##% fertiliser or just 100% seed.

e.g.
the Amazone Condor 15001 (FS13 & FS17) is primarily for minimum tillage/direct sowing with a tank with a 5000L/3000L seed/fertiliser split.

the Amazone Cayena 6001 (FS13, ??FS17??) comes in 2 forms, the 6001 and 6001-C and is primarily for minimum tillage/direct sowing, the latter 6001-C has a 4000L split tank with a 60:40 ratio for seed/fertiliser.

the Amazone EDX (FS13, ??FS17??) (precision drill [beet, maze, etc]) all come with various split tank ratios for seed/fertiliser.

the Horsch Pronto 9 SW (FS15, ??FS17??) came in 2 user configurable flavours with 50:50 tank split aimed at minimum tillage/direct sowing under some circumstance, which could be used as either 6000L + 6000L of seed or 6000L of seed and 6000L of fertiliser.

the Horsch Maestro 12 SW (FS15, ??FS17??) all have split tanks, either in 2000L seed/2800L liquid fertiliser split or 2000L seed/7000L granular fertiliser split (the one in FS15) mainly in the Europe, else 2000L seed/2915L liquid fertiliser split mainly in north America.