Why the new slot system - explained

silage guy 672

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by silage guy 672 »

So when the modded maps for Xbox One show up in mod hub, how many slots will be removed after each map download? I would hate to start a new map and only be afforded 30 slots or so to run it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

silage guy 672 wrote:So when the modded maps for Xbox One show up in mod hub, how many slots will be removed after each map download? I would hate to start a new map and only be afforded 30 slots or so to run it.
I, like many others, are looking forward to a tight British map. I could deal with it being a smaller map if that would take up less slots.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

fenixguy wrote:
silage guy 672 wrote:So when the modded maps for Xbox One show up in mod hub, how many slots will be removed after each map download? I would hate to start a new map and only be afforded 30 slots or so to run it.
I, like many others, are looking forward to a tight British map. I could deal with it being a smaller map if that would take up less slots.
I wouldn't bank on it. Giants own map's are pretty bare bones, mod maps, even small one's, are usually considerably more detailed. Giants memory management is shocking in this day and age.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

trogladitez wrote:
fenixguy wrote:
I wouldn't bank on it. Giants own map's are pretty bare bones, mod maps, even small one's, are usually considerably more detailed. Giants memory management is shocking in this day and age.
I'm definitely not banking on it for sure. I would like to see some more maps, but I'm enjoying Goldcrest at the moment.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

They have said they will be looking at 'hopefully' optimizing the game further, in turn opening up more free slots for us, but not guaranteed

I dont see why downloading new maps would give us less slots, so long as they are not heavily filled with too much eye candy i dont see why it would be a problem

I think some people are worrying over nothing, even if the slot system had a thousand slots you wouldn't want that much equipment now that we have to pay running costs and devaluing costs, i personally didn't like in FS15 where you could just go and buy another tractor cause you where too lazy to drive one a few fields away, yes it means we have to drive more, but its also more realistic, what farmer has 20 tractors ?

I like the fact you have to think about what your buying now, and im pretty sure so long are clever enough you could own enough equipment to do all aspects on one map
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

WolfeUK wrote:They have said they will be looking at 'hopefully' optimizing the game further, in turn opening up more free slots for us, but not guaranteed

I dont see why downloading new maps would give us less slots, so long as they are not heavily filled with too much eye candy i dont see why it would be a problem

I think some people are worrying over nothing, even if the slot system had a thousand slots you wouldn't want that much equipment now that we have to pay running costs and devaluing costs, i personally didn't like in FS15 where you could just go and buy another tractor cause you where too lazy to drive one a few fields away, yes it means we have to drive more, but its also more realistic, what farmer has 20 tractors ?

I like the fact you have to think about what your buying now, and im pretty sure so long are clever enough you could own enough equipment to do all aspects on one map
+1

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Don't think I'll have a problem as I plan on leasing some machines like balers and timber harvester. They're too expensive anyway to have sat doing nothing half the time
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I lease everything I can... no need for the additional maintenance costs...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
ddg02

Post by ddg02 »

This topic I believe is still about slots I think. Earlier this morning I posted a slot count spreadsheet I developed for the consoles. It is in Excel format if you want to download it and check it out. It has moved a little ways down the topic list.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I don't think it works that way. I am pretty sure you get the same base of 500 slots for each map, so then it just depends on how many slots each map will gobble up, so unless you download a 4GB map with all the extras you should get a decent amount of slots.
WolfeUK wrote:They have said they will be looking at 'hopefully' optimizing the game further, in turn opening up more free slots for us, but not guaranteed

That would be very nice if we could get a couple more slots out of the system but I do agree with you on the prices. Personally I hate the vehicle aging but what ever. I've never really run massive farms anyways. So long as I can get a couple tractors, baling equipment, a couple seeders/cultivators/plows for myself and a worker and a combine or 2 I am more than happy.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Krd1749 wrote:I hope there is enough slots to do animal husbandry.

I need:

Tractor
Sowing Machine
Harvester
Tipper
Mower
Tedder
Baler
Bale wrapper
Forage mixer wagon
Telehandler
Animal trailer
I bought all of this plus a few other vehicles and 106 wind turbines, and I still haven't used enough slots for it to show me how many I have left.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Krd1749 wrote:

I need:

Tractor
Sowing Machine
Harvester
Tipper
Mower
Tedder
Baler
Bale wrapper
Forage mixer wagon
Telehandler
Animal trailer
I bought all of this plus a few other vehicles and 106 wind turbines, and I still haven't used enough slots for it to show me how many I have left.
106 turbines!!! :confusednew:
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

Krd1749 wrote:

I need:

Tractor
Sowing Machine
Harvester
Tipper
Mower
Tedder
Baler
Bale wrapper
Forage mixer wagon
Telehandler
Animal trailer
Well placeables don't go toward slot count, and 106 wind turbines is a little excessive don't you think? LOL
XB1/PC
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Placeables count towards the slot limit too.

As a update regarding our investigations: We have been working on increasing the available slots and so far we managed to squeeze out another 150 slots, so that you can now use 650 instead of 500.
Also we consider reducing on how much memory each slot represents. So that you for example would have twice the slots available, but a vehicle would also use about twice the number of slots (except for the vehicles that currently use 1 slot). So this slot-size modification will not change a lot how many different vehicles you can have, but it will reduce the cost of the 2nd,3rd etc. instance of a vehicle. E.g. if you buy 100 wind turbines, it would only cost about as much as 50 wind turbines at the moment.
We're currently testing these changes and will include those in the next patch if the tests are successful.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Stegei wrote:Placeables count towards the slot limit too.

As a update regarding our investigations: We have been working on increasing the available slots and so far we managed to squeeze out another 150 slots, so that you can now use 650 instead of 500.
Also we consider reducing on how much memory each slot represents. So that you for example would have twice the slots available, but a vehicle would also use about twice the number of slots (except for the vehicles that currently use 1 slot). So this slot-size modification will not change a lot how many different vehicles you can have, but it will reduce the cost of the 2nd,3rd etc. instance of a vehicle. E.g. if you buy 100 wind turbines, it would only cost about as much as 50 wind turbines at the moment.
We're currently testing these changes and will include those in the next patch if the tests are successful.
Thank you for the update on progress.... *thumbsup*

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2