Why the new slot system - explained

Soles2023

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by Soles2023 »

Stegei wrote:Placeables count towards the slot limit too.

As a update regarding our investigations: We have been working on increasing the available slots and so far we managed to squeeze out another 150 slots, so that you can now use 650 instead of 500.
Also we consider reducing on how much memory each slot represents. So that you for example would have twice the slots available, but a vehicle would also use about twice the number of slots (except for the vehicles that currently use 1 slot). So this slot-size modification will not change a lot how many different vehicles you can have, but it will reduce the cost of the 2nd,3rd etc. instance of a vehicle. E.g. if you buy 100 wind turbines, it would only cost about as much as 50 wind turbines at the moment.
We're currently testing these changes and will include those in the next patch if the tests are successful.
I was mistaken in a previous post, it's the Bales and pallets that don't count toward the slot limit. So does the sugarbeets/potato pallets count toward the 40 pallet slot limit?
XB1/PC
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Sweet
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Nice, thanks for the update and the work you guys are doing to improve on this feature
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Since the PS4 Pro has an extra GB of RAM, does that mean if you patch in a Pro mode to the game, Pro owners could have a few more slots available?
PC: 9600k/1080ti
fantasykid1977

Post by fantasykid1977 »

Stegei wrote:Placeables count towards the slot limit too.

As a update regarding our investigations: We have been working on increasing the available slots and so far we managed to squeeze out another 150 slots, so that you can now use 650 instead of 500.
Also we consider reducing on how much memory each slot represents. So that you for example would have twice the slots available, but a vehicle would also use about twice the number of slots (except for the vehicles that currently use 1 slot). So this slot-size modification will not change a lot how many different vehicles you can have, but it will reduce the cost of the 2nd,3rd etc. instance of a vehicle. E.g. if you buy 100 wind turbines, it would only cost about as much as 50 wind turbines at the moment.
We're currently testing these changes and will include those in the next patch if the tests are successful.
Thanks for the info.
Chilly1202

Post by Chilly1202 »

Can someone explain to me why it's not one slot per Vehicle? I do not like the slot system!

GIANT PLEASE MAKE THIS A OPTION THAT CAN BE TURNED ON OR OFF!!!!

(500 Slots) BS you can't even get 500 tractors because most are between 5-6 slots ea.

They better be getting off there ass and fix this BS game. I was excited about this game but currently there are so many issues with it that I might not continue with any further titles.

The lack of a demo to work out bugs is astounding! That's gaming creation 101.

The amount of issues and things that have been changed for apparently no reason is crazy. Like game controls for XBOX 1 (Why the change).

and I like the fact that you can pick up stuff but instead of worrying about actual game play they added stuff all over to pick up! Who gives a ****!

(TITLE NAME - FARMING SIM) not pick up stuff sim. Being able to pick up logs is a nice feature. But why do I need to pick up shovels or trash or a leaf blower. I can't do anything with them. So who gives a stuff about picking them up.

The train is another feature and altho I love trains again whats the point? it's just more stuff in the game bogging it down. By the time you transport stuff to the train and load it then (transfer it tot eh other train you could have just drove it there.

Get your head out of your Ass GIANT Developers!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but why do people think every item should be 1 slot? Some vehicles do more things that would use more memory.

That's like asking why video games aren't all the same file size.

A solar panel is a lot less complicated than a vehicle that has a moving arm that cuts down trees and shaves off the branches. Why would they both be 1 slot?
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Chilly1202 wrote:Can someone explain to me why it's not one slot per Vehicle? I do not like the slot system!

(500 Slots) BS you can't even get 500 tractors because most are between 5-6 slots ea.

They better be getting off there ass and fix this BS game. I was excited about this game but currently there are so many issues with it that I might not continue with any further titles.

The amount of issues and things that have been changed for apparently no reason is crazy. Like game controls for XBOX 1 (Why the change).

and I like the fact that you can pick up stuff but instead of worrying about actual game play they added stuff all over to pick up! Who gives a ****!

(TITLE NAME - FARMING SIM) not pick up stuff sim. Being able to pick up logs is a nice feature. But why do I need to pick up shovels or trash or a leaf blower. I can't do anything with them. So who gives a stuff about picking them up.

The train is another feature and altho I love trains again whats the point? it's just more stuff in the game bogging it down. By the time you transport stuff to the train and load it then (transfer it tot eh other train you could have just drove it there.

Did you actually read the post, because it explains it in there, also most of what your flaming about has nothing to do with this thread, if you have problems with the game then please go and vent somewhere else, lets keep this thread on topic !!
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Chilly1202 wrote:Can someone explain to me why it's not one slot per Vehicle?
Explained ... very clearly ... all over this thread ... and in very plain terms, too.
Chilly1202 wrote:I do not like the slot system!
Only because you have unrealistic expectations of the game in a console atmosphere, and are busy here whining to Giants instead of the people who pressed for such standards ... you may want to start directing your uncontrolled emotional anger at Sony and Microsoft, not Giants.
Chilly1202 wrote:GIANT PLEASE MAKE THIS A OPTION THAT CAN BE TURNED ON OR OFF!!!!
Defeats the purpose of the limitations the slot system has in place. So ... doubt you'll get that one.
Chilly1202 wrote:(500 Slots) BS you can't even get 500 tractors because most are between 5-6 slots ea.
500 ... yes, because all of us playing the game need 500 tractors. Although it has already been explained ... multiple times ... I'll contribute to trying to help make you feel special by explaining it, yet again, to you directly in a reply with one of your quotes ... the higher the resource usage of an object, the more slots it will take up, so obviously a tractor is not going to use just one slot. Did you even read ANY of this thread before you typed all of this madness?
Chilly1202 wrote:They better be getting off there ass and fix this BS game. I was excited about this game but currently there are so many issues with it that I might not continue with any further titles.
Your choice. Everyone has a different perception of "issues". I have found a few glitches, but nothing that has even come close to making the game unplayable or not enjoyable. Annoying? Yeah, some of them are, but I still definitely got my money's worth.
Chilly1202 wrote:The lack of a demo to work out bugs is astounding! That's gaming creation 101.
Demo? Oh you mean Beta. Google is your friend. Demos are not for working out bugs. Beta tests are.
Chilly1202 wrote:The amount of issues and things that have been changed for apparently no reason is crazy. Like game controls for XBOX 1 (Why the change).
Because they were needed.
Chilly1202 wrote:and I like the fact that you can pick up stuff but instead of worrying about actual game play they added stuff all over to pick up! Who gives a ****!
I like it, too :) It was cool to find a couple of gold nuggets hidden below objects :)
Chilly1202 wrote:(TITLE NAME - FARMING SIM) not pick up stuff sim. Being able to pick up logs is a nice feature. But why do I need to pick up shovels or trash or a leaf blower. I can't do anything with them. So who gives a stuff about picking them up.
Easter eggs ... I need not say more and if I do, you shouldn't be on the internet unsupervised.
Chilly1202 wrote:The train is another feature and altho I love trains again whats the point? it's just more stuff in the game bogging it down. By the time you transport stuff to the train and load it then (transfer it tot eh other train you could have just drove it there.
Bulk transport. You should see the crazy amount of cash I made today when a crop price was high. I loaded up the train (because I keep my stash at the rail yard, not the farm) and in one trip I made enough to buy some great new equipment.
Chilly1202 wrote:Get your head out of your Ass GIANT Developers!
Or ... maybe you can address the people who actually set the standards for memory and resource usage in games? ~facepalm~

Thank you, though. I really do mean it. I was having one of those off days where I felt like I was having some stupid moments, but you just made me feel much better about myself. Cheers and keep it up :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

^^^ this

is one brilliant well thought out answer... kudo's to you sir..

there are enough empty headed infants throwing tantrums on here at the moment to choke a horse... no one has any patience

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Chilly1202 wrote:Can someone explain to me why it's not one slot per Vehicle? I do not like the slot system!

So why are playing it?
HARDasNAIL5

Post by HARDasNAIL5 »

SirLANsalot wrote:hmm, maybe people should play a farming game on the PC where it belongs. Them consoles are archaic anyways, and you are running into the EXACT issue why consoles *zensiert*. Limited hardware.

While its much easier to program a game for a console then a PC, because every console is exactly the same. They have severe limitations in there capabilities, to the point where they are far below PC's even when first launched. So its harder to program a game for the PC, because each computer will handle the game differently, its also far easier for the end user to adjust there settings or hardware to accommodate newer games.

TL;DR, don't play on console? LOL
RIP ,i play on pc and there are so many bugs right now on mulitplayer its getting dumb,i feel sorry for those on consoles, fix plz and quick :)
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I'm on PS4 and have yet to have any issue...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Faelandaea wrote:
Chilly1202 wrote:Can someone explain to me why it's not one slot per Vehicle?
Explained ... very clearly ... all over this thread ... and in very plain terms, too.
Chilly1202 wrote:I do not like the slot system!
Only because you have unrealistic expectations of the game in a console atmosphere, and are busy here whining to Giants instead of the people who pressed for such standards ... you may want to start directing your uncontrolled emotional anger at Sony and Microsoft, not Giants.
Chilly1202 wrote:GIANT PLEASE MAKE THIS A OPTION THAT CAN BE TURNED ON OR OFF!!!!
Defeats the purpose of the limitations the slot system has in place. So ... doubt you'll get that one.
Chilly1202 wrote:(500 Slots) BS you can't even get 500 tractors because most are between 5-6 slots ea.
500 ... yes, because all of us playing the game need 500 tractors. Although it has already been explained ... multiple times ... I'll contribute to trying to help make you feel special by explaining it, yet again, to you directly in a reply with one of your quotes ... the higher the resource usage of an object, the more slots it will take up, so obviously a tractor is not going to use just one slot. Did you even read ANY of this thread before you typed all of this madness?
Chilly1202 wrote:They better be getting off there ass and fix this BS game. I was excited about this game but currently there are so many issues with it that I might not continue with any further titles.
Your choice. Everyone has a different perception of "issues". I have found a few glitches, but nothing that has even come close to making the game unplayable or not enjoyable. Annoying? Yeah, some of them are, but I still definitely got my money's worth.
Chilly1202 wrote:The lack of a demo to work out bugs is astounding! That's gaming creation 101.
Demo? Oh you mean Beta. Google is your friend. Demos are not for working out bugs. Beta tests are.
Chilly1202 wrote:The amount of issues and things that have been changed for apparently no reason is crazy. Like game controls for XBOX 1 (Why the change).
Because they were needed.
Chilly1202 wrote:and I like the fact that you can pick up stuff but instead of worrying about actual game play they added stuff all over to pick up! Who gives a ****!
I like it, too :) It was cool to find a couple of gold nuggets hidden below objects :)
Chilly1202 wrote:(TITLE NAME - FARMING SIM) not pick up stuff sim. Being able to pick up logs is a nice feature. But why do I need to pick up shovels or trash or a leaf blower. I can't do anything with them. So who gives a stuff about picking them up.
Easter eggs ... I need not say more and if I do, you shouldn't be on the internet unsupervised.
Chilly1202 wrote:The train is another feature and altho I love trains again whats the point? it's just more stuff in the game bogging it down. By the time you transport stuff to the train and load it then (transfer it tot eh other train you could have just drove it there.
Bulk transport. You should see the crazy amount of cash I made today when a crop price was high. I loaded up the train (because I keep my stash at the rail yard, not the farm) and in one trip I made enough to buy some great new equipment.
Chilly1202 wrote:Get your head out of your Ass GIANT Developers!
Or ... maybe you can address the people who actually set the standards for memory and resource usage in games? ~facepalm~

Thank you, though. I really do mean it. I was having one of those off days where I felt like I was having some stupid moments, but you just made me feel much better about myself. Cheers and keep it up :)

Try not to troll angry people. Because you know what will happen when they see your replies
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Faelandaea, the only person on here to successfully tell someone to take a long walk off a short pier in such a way that they might enjoy the trip. Kudos to you sir.