Why the new slot system - explained

JemFipar

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by JemFipar »

I have thirty four objects I total at the shop (ran out of money or could keep going) no issues no warnings, nothing. It's fine I see nothing about a limit. On top of that just joined a multiplayer server and a guy has like sixty something objects soooooo. Yet again what limit on console?
JemFipar

Post by JemFipar »

eric21 wrote:
JemFipar wrote:Also those saying that us console guys should just deal. HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT CONSOLES CAN RUN? If we can run battlefield on at sixty fps, and what 900 something p and it look gourgeous and play well, then why can't this game run just as well......
Different game engine
Ok and?
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Stegei wrote:Bales don't count towards the vehicle/placeable slot limit. They are, however, limited to 200 bales (compared to 100 in FS15).
Thanks, that was really my only concern with regards limits based on the FS15 version
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

WolfeUK wrote:
Stegei wrote:Bales don't count towards the vehicle/placeable slot limit. They are, however, limited to 200 bales (compared to 100 in FS15).
Thanks, that was really my only concern with regards limits based on the FS15 version
Is that bale limit the same on PC as it is on consoles?
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I hope there is enough slots to do animal husbandry.

I need:

Tractor
Sowing Machine
Harvester
Tipper
Mower
Tedder
Baler
Bale wrapper
Forage mixer wagon
Telehandler
Animal trailer
PsychoFarmer

Post by PsychoFarmer »

Thanks Stegei to finally finding out the bale limit ... not that I would try putting 200 bales in the same place :lol: :lol:

OneAmongOthers - there is no bale limit on the PC think I read somewhere that someone had over 1000+ bales in FS15 :shock:
Console: PS4 FS19 Felsbrunn ... UK
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Krd1749 wrote:I hope there is enough slots to do animal husbandry.

I need:

Tractor
Sowing Machine
Harvester
Tipper
Mower
Tedder
Baler
Bale wrapper
Forage mixer wagon
Telehandler
Animal trailer
I would like to think you could do all counts of farming on the same map, providing you use alot of the same vehicles and only a few 'special' vehicles
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
DistortedJoe

Post by DistortedJoe »

I have 86 pieces of equipment and six placeables, with 63 slots left on my test save. I think your ok lol
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

DistortedJoe wrote:I have 86 pieces of equipment and six placeables, with 63 slots left on my test save. I think your ok lol
That's good to hear. I've never went crazy with equipment since FS 2011. I tried it once with a very low-end PC and the lag made it unplayable. I have 3, maybe 4 tractors when my farm is at it's largest. I rent combines. I can't stand the thoughts of stuff sitting around never getting used. This is my first time playing on console. I was about to get out of heart after hearing the terrible slot limit. I play slow and steady so it sounds like I'll be fine for a while.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
silage guy 672

Post by silage guy 672 »

I've been following a few threads concerning the slots and my biggest concern is how will the new maps if given any affect future performance. I was really hoping with the mods feature I could finally start playing different maps on my Xbox One. However, if Goldcrest Valley and the current in game vehicle modifications are already affecting performance then what is to say that if I only download two or three maps that I'm stuck using 5 pieces of equipment by time its all said and done :frown:
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

I started farm sim with fs13 on ps3, I really enjoyed the game but maxed out my slots fairly quick (120 at that time and the most a machine took was 6)so when fs15 was coming out I bought a ps4 so I could enjoy every aspect of the game without having to sell equipment and buy others to do things like sugarbeets. Loved fs 15 for that reason. The way I play a map is go until I own all the fields, tons of placeables(windmills,greenhouses ect) all animal types and basically call it finished when I was making more money than I could spend.So I was very excited for fs 17 with all the new equipment, animals, mods ect and purchased it on release day($72cdn)but now I am disappointed with the low number of slots(not that I am there yet)just knowing I will run out without being able to do all things in the game at the same time.Selling things to buy other things so I can do everything like I did in fs13 will be no fun either because with the declining value of equipment in fs 17 there will be no value in that. Now before the pc players jump all over me I would like to point out the reason I play on console is that I travel a lot for work and it is easy to take a console along not so much with a gaming pc and I could never get into playing games on a keyboard. So now we have all these cool new features (placeables,mods ect) and a awesome selection of equipment and I am being told well its okay as long as you buy the same tractor or the same harvester it doesn't use as many slots..... seems kinda pointless to have all the different equipment, placeables will be pointless and so will mods. So I must say again I am disappointed and probably would not have purchased this game if I knew then what I know now and I am sure I am not alone in this
PS4
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Stil dont understand why people try and own everything...look at much expenses is going to cost
silage guy 672

Post by silage guy 672 »

@ Canada Farms. I also started with FS13 on the 360 and upgraded to the Xbox One after FS15 came out. While the slots on the 360 made me strategically think about what equipment I needed, I really enjoyed playing the game without to much concern of how many slots I had remaining.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

@eric21 its not about owning everything its about being able to enjoy all aspects of the game without always having to worry if I can buy certain things. With the new variety of equipment I would like to use lots of different things not just one thing in multiples. Maybe once I progress further it wont be feasible with the new economics but I would like that option without having to be "strategic" with my puchases. So now its kind of like being back in fs 13 with a new map. It is a beautiful map though, but I have liked all the maps. Things certainly have changed since I was a kid playing super Mario on the original Nintendo lol
PS4
namerifrats

Post by namerifrats »

I pretty much have all I need at the moment for what I want to do on XboxOne. Have 70 slots left....and have all aspects covered except beets or potatos and I don't really care about those. If I did, I could just sell off my combines for the appropriate equipment. I use 5 tractor models with a few duplicates to cut down on slot usage. 9 tractors total. So it's doable....