Why the new slot system - explained

Miura74

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by Miura74 »

WolfeUK wrote:
Miura74 wrote:
Plus once you buy 2 of the same equipment "your garage" states 1 slot to each (a bug perhaps?), so the original item doesn't show the true slot count until you sell the 2nd one and only have 1 of that equipment left.
Its as intended, meaning once you have brought the expensive first one everyone after is only 1 slot, but yes, would be good to see what each equipment is worth on slots for the first one
Perhaps you misunderstood me, or that was badly worded.. :blushnew:

For example a tractor that uses 10 slots... The first one costs 10, second, third, and forth, they only cost 1. So a total of 13 slots used. But in the garage it shows ALL as just 1 slot, even the original, but you've used 13 not 4. I was expecting to see 10, 1, 1, and 1 respectively.
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

masterplan wrote:
PaulDuPouy wrote:So, I somehow have 4 combines, 20 tractors, 4 semis, 10+ silo extensions, and a boatload of equipment on Xbox and have yet to hit a slot limit....shrugs
Have you noticed the number of available slots in the shop menu? I don't even have half of what you have and it says I've got 7 slots available. Haven't actually tried to buy something new, will try in the weekend.

I sold a bunch of duplicate tractors to try different ones and it seems to finally tell you available slots once you are within 100 remaining. All 4 of my combines were they same, same semis, same trailers, etc.

It only appeared after I started using pairs of different types of tractors. I'm within 50 slots of the limit and still don't have any frame rate issues yet on Xbox. Yay!

I might get rid of the giant slurry injectors tonight and use the new holland self propelled sprayer, I want to check first and see if it can be used by a hired worker.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It can
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

PaulDuPouy wrote: I sold a bunch of duplicate tractors to try different ones and it seems to finally tell you available slots once you are within 100 remaining. All 4 of my combines were they same, same semis, same trailers, etc.

It only appeared after I started using pairs of different types of tractors. I'm within 50 slots of the limit and still don't have any frame rate issues yet on Xbox. Yay!

I might get rid of the giant slurry injectors tonight and use the new holland self propelled sprayer, I want to check first and see if it can be used by a hired worker.
I've studied this over the weekend, since I ran our of slots. Yep, tha game makes you use multiple pieces of the same equipment, which I find stupid. I want to have a fleet of different tractors, not 10 pieces of the same one, which I'm gonna have to have. Plus from now on, when I buy something, or more specifically, when I choose something, I'll always prefer the one with lesser slot comsuption regardless price or anything else. I always wanted the Manitou telehandler, but I bought New Holland (mod) instead, since New Holland requires 6 slots, whereas Manitou requires 8.

Also this is another thing making me regret paying extra money for the season pass, which I now claim to be oficially useless. First I shouldn't buy the DLC tractors, if I wanna play multiplayer games with someone without the season pass, for I'd lose them without any compensation, and now this: Valtra T-series cow edition uses 16(!!!) slots.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

How did you get the newholland telehandler? I didn't think it was available on console yet.
PS4
PsychoFarmer

Post by PsychoFarmer »

canadafarms wrote:How did you get the newholland telehandler? I didn't think it was available on console yet.
It was released as a mod on day 1 from the modhub. Choose mods on the title screen and it's in there.
Console: PS4 FS19 Felsbrunn ... UK
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Ok, I was in there last night and seen it on there but for some reason I didn't think it was available. Thanks
PS4
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

masterplan wrote:I've studied this over the weekend, since I ran our of slots. Yep, tha game makes you use multiple pieces of the same equipment, which I find stupid. I want to have a fleet of different tractors, not 10 pieces of the same one, which I'm gonna have to have. Plus from now on, when I buy something, or more specifically, when I choose something, I'll always prefer the one with lesser slot comsuption regardless price or anything else. I always wanted the Manitou telehandler, but I bought New Holland (mod) instead, since New Holland requires 6 slots, whereas Manitou requires 8.

Also this is another thing making me regret paying extra money for the season pass, which I now claim to be oficially useless. First I shouldn't buy the DLC tractors, if I wanna play multiplayer games with someone without the season pass, for I'd lose them without any compensation, and now this: Valtra T-series cow edition uses 16(!!!) slots.
The slot system works that way because once the one tractor is loaded in it doesn't require as much memory. It is a nice system so you don't have to waste full amounts of slots on the same equipment. Then we can't say anything about how many slots DLC items will take as we don't know what kind of DLC will be out.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

canadafarms wrote:Ok, I was in there last night and seen it on there but for some reason I didn't think it was available. Thanks
In ModHub, if you see it, then it is ready to go :) You won't even be able to see something until it is ready to install and enjoy :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Faelandaea wrote:
canadafarms wrote:Ok, I was in there last night and seen it on there but for some reason I didn't think it was available. Thanks
In ModHub, if you see it, then it is ready to go :) You won't even be able to see something until it is ready to install and enjoy :)
Thanks, for some reason I thought the only ones I could dl were the ones with the little green circle but now I figured out that means new haha. It is so cool being able to have mods! Keeping on topic my one wish would be that they would list the number of slots that they consume also would like that for the in game stuff as well, I know they show it once you start getting low but it would be nice for planning purposes if they were listed.
PS4
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Yup. And I also found out that simply means you don;t have it installed. I tested and if I uninstall a mod, the green circle comes back in the menu. Makes it easier to scroll through quickly and see what I have installed and what I don't.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

jenna_q wrote:
masterplan wrote:I've studied this over the weekend, since I ran our of slots. Yep, tha game makes you use multiple pieces of the same equipment, which I find stupid. I want to have a fleet of different tractors, not 10 pieces of the same one, which I'm gonna have to have. Plus from now on, when I buy something, or more specifically, when I choose something, I'll always prefer the one with lesser slot comsuption regardless price or anything else. I always wanted the Manitou telehandler, but I bought New Holland (mod) instead, since New Holland requires 6 slots, whereas Manitou requires 8.

The slot system works that way because once the one tractor is loaded in it doesn't require as much memory. It is a nice system so you don't have to waste full amounts of slots on the same equipment. Then we can't say anything about how many slots DLC items will take as we don't know what kind of DLC will be out.
And that makes sense, as the whole game has 5 GB and the PS4 has 8 GB of RAM, so it can accomodate the entire game and still have 3 GB of free RAM. :-D
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

@ReubyJuice It's down to phrasing. They CAN use scripts which are part of the main game code. No new external scripts.

@ReubyJuice Technical thing with console mods. They all count as "user generated content" even if from us. Wasn't meant to be misleading

2 reply's from giants on twitter
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

masterplan wrote:
jenna_q wrote:

And that makes sense, as the whole game has 5 GB and the PS4 has 8 GB of RAM, so it can accomodate the entire game and still have 3 GB of free RAM. :-D
You're confusing storage and memory. The game takes up x amount of storage and then uses memory(RAM) while running it.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Frantic Farmer wrote:@ReubyJuice It's down to phrasing. They CAN use scripts which are part of the main game code. No new external scripts.

@ReubyJuice Technical thing with console mods. They all count as "user generated content" even if from us. Wasn't meant to be misleading

2 reply's from giants on twitter
And there we have it :)
Faelandaea Dravin