Why the new slot system - explained

Faelandaea

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by Faelandaea »

brack wrote:
sebasfarmer1990 wrote:if i want to buy a game pc it cost as much as 4 ps4 or xbox 1 systems togetter :(
Where do you live? In the US basically all games are the same price across PC and console.
He was talking about buying a computer, not a game :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Hoorah_12

Post by Hoorah_12 »

Krd1749 wrote:
eric21 wrote:Just click a tractor and also look at the top right of how many slots remain in thengarage
I still don't see it, maybe I have to restart my system or something.

Edit: Still no luck, I must have goofed something up, or maybe it's because I have a physical copy of the game.

It doesn't show how many slots used until u get below a certain number
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

Yep, slots are still hidden until it is low. But, that said, before the update I had 20 slots or so, after update I had 430 or so showing. After buying a couple of new items and selling some others it disappeared again. :confusednew:

Perhaps it was a bug, as my previous savegame showed the slot count anyway as it was low. But where is the harm in showing the slot count ALL the time?! *thumbsup*
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

Miura74 wrote:Yep, slots are still hidden until it is low. But, that said, before the update I had 20 slots or so, after update I had 430 or so showing. After buying a couple of new items and selling some others it disappeared again. :confusednew:

Perhaps it was a bug, as my previous savegame showed the slot count anyway as it was low. But where is the harm in showing the slot count ALL the time?! *thumbsup*
It shows you the slots in the top right had corner when you're in the shop. I clearly have 650 left.
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think what has happened is the trigger for slots used is the same so say it was 300 slots, it still shows slots at that limit even with the increased slot limit.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I just want to say thanks to the developers for getting the slots count so high, I can do every activity in the game and still have hundreds of slots left!
Baggus

Post by Baggus »

Why would they even worry about trying to optimize bthis or that to increase the slot count this how? Seriously, who or better yet, WHY in the hell would anybody need to have that many things? That's just radicillis
XBOX ONE
Gamertag: Hairy Mouse

Scripted mods on console!
viewtopic.php?f=895&t=104705
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

I have a good amount of equipment on my Lossberg map (combine, 2 headers, tractor, tipper, 2 seeders, plow, cultivator, mower, Tedder, windrower, baler, bale trailer, etc)
and I just noticed the slot limit showing in the garage..

I still have 643 slots remaining!

And this is on Xbox One..

FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

mdoss wrote:I have a good amount of equipment on my Lossberg map (combine, 2 headers, tractor, tipper, 2 seeders, plow, cultivator, mower, Tedder, windrower, baler, bale trailer, etc)
and I just noticed the slot limit showing in the garage..

I still have 643 slots remaining!

And this is on Xbox One..

I have roughly the same amount of stuff and it shows I have 649. Which if you think about it is still quite a bit. Also that is around half the slots available so on Lossberg atleast the slot count becomes visible far sooner than only 20% remaining.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

Having a lot of equipment is not ridiculous at all, especially on a map like the new Law folds map. Its big. It has a lot of fields. It does seem like you can get more equipment on a map like chellington than on a larger file like loss berg. I could be wrong but I've been messing around for a while now with this stuff and that's what I'm seeing.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

chuckGnades wrote:Having a lot of equipment is not ridiculous at all, especially on a map like the new Law folds map. Its big. It has a lot of fields. It does seem like you can get more equipment on a map like chellington than on a larger file like loss berg. I could be wrong but I've been messing around for a while now with this stuff and that's what I'm seeing.
Yea, Giants did say that maps take up varying amounts of slots (up to 20%). So it is pretty safe to say that the larger the map file size the more slots it will take.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
FMWA80

Post by FMWA80 »

When I go to purchase a vehicle, the slots remaining count in the top right hand corner is no longer there. Used to be but has now disappeared. I'm playing on PS4 on GCV with some mods, any ideas?
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

FMWA80 wrote:When I go to purchase a vehicle, the slots remaining count in the top right hand corner is no longer there. Used to be but has now disappeared. I'm playing on PS4 on GCV with some mods, any ideas?
The slots only appears after you have only X amount left. I'm unsure now what that is since the changes to the slot total. So I'm guessing you may have sold something, so the amount of free slots have increased, and the number is not shown.

Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

I was experimenting at the weekend, and now I can see that if you purchase a tree and use 1 slot, if you later cut down, sell, and remove the stump, it does not appear to add the slot back. :sadnew: Why did Giants remove the sell option for trees??? Ho hum. :hmm:

I had planted a few oaks previously at one spot, decided to remove them, but it did not add the slots back. Darn.

A few slots, well, not so much of an issue really, but just something to be careful of. Especially if, like me, you're a long term map player who reorders parts from time to time. :lol:

Edit: Curse of the Android phone autocorrections.

BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Am I correct that leasing equipment actually uses less slot counts?
the big print giveth the small print taketh