Why the new slot system - explained

BreadedVirus

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by BreadedVirus »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:
BreadedVirus wrote:
j_maybury wrote:With the money you have spent over the last three years, you could have easily have afforded a PC that could span five years before you need to upgrade, and the benefits of owning a PC would be a massive difference from a console, and this game would be 100% better to play with just the seasons mod alone.
I have a choice of playing FS17 on PC or the PS4. I'm perfectly happy with the console version to be honest.

It's called personal preference

Sure, you have a choice of driving a Honda Civic, or a BMW. Personal preference. If you're "perfectly happy" with the console version, then you're not using the pc version to it's full potential.
That's not the issue. I can use the PC version to it's fullest potential, but it's a case of me spending too much time modding the game and the like instead of actually playing it. That's why I prefer the console version. I can play it without messing around with it.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

Ty op for the info, I did not know that. I have a gaming laptop that can play on high, but I think I may try this from now on.
"To everything there is a Season
and a time to every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
BoomX2

Post by BoomX2 »

if i want to buy a game pc it cost as much as 4 ps4 or xbox 1 systems togetter
Kristaok

Post by Kristaok »

BoomX2 wrote:if i want to buy a game pc it cost as much as 4 ps4 or xbox 1 systems togetter
They can get expensive, this is why some people kind of build their own, they will buy the parts and assemble their pcs themselves. I have a main and a laptop, my husband has a few mains and a few laptops because he used to be in the IT field. My laptop is an Asus Rog and to be honest it was quite expensive, I love it, it plays all games so far on high / ultra, but sadly as with any pc it won't take long before it becomes outdate and I will need a newer one. :lol:

You can find some good gaming pcs already done for around $800ish, my laptop was around $1,600, you don't necessarily need one that expensive though.
"To everything there is a Season
and a time to every purpose under Heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

BreadedVirus wrote:
That's not the issue. I can use the PC version to it's fullest potential, but it's a case of me spending too much time modding the game and the like instead of actually playing it. That's why I prefer the console version. I can play it without messing around with it.
Then you're doing it wrong. It takes all of 10 seconds to install a mod. 2000 hours in FS15 and 700 hours in '17. I think I'm finding plenty of time to play...
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:
BreadedVirus wrote:
Then you're doing it wrong. It takes all of 10 seconds to install a mod. 2000 hours in FS15 and 700 hours in '17. I think I'm finding plenty of time to play...
Yeah I was doing it wrong....

I'd spend all my time messing about with the game, playing around with and modding the game making it look "cool" without actually playing the game. I did this with Richard Burns Rally years ago.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

BreadedVirus wrote:
ChiefScotty420 wrote:
BreadedVirus wrote:

I'd spend all my time messing about with the game, playing around with and modding the game making it look "cool" without actually playing the game. I did this with Richard Burns Rally years ago.
You are a fool........All you need do is download Seasons and The West Coast, there you have it... Perfection, and all it takes is 10 minuets, all done.!
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

j_maybury wrote:
BreadedVirus wrote:
ChiefScotty420 wrote:

You are a fool........All you need do is download Seasons and The West Coast, there you have it... Perfection, and all it takes is 10 minuets, all done.!
I'm something, but definitely not a fool...
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Apologies if I missed it (I only skim read the thread due to the drift with PC/Console bashing) but could someone please explain why leasing only uses 1 slot regardless of what the item is? Or is that an error that it only reports its using 1 slot?

Edit: never mind, it seems it's a falsehood, I leased a pallet fork earlier but it still took 5 slots not 1.
x3SGTEx

Post by x3SGTEx »

I swear I don't see this on my game. I play on PS4. Does the pro make a difference?
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ You have to be down to a certain amount to see them
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
x3SGTEx

Post by x3SGTEx »

FordFarmer97 wrote:^^ You have to be down to a certain amount to see them
Ahh. Thank you *thumbsup* Still learning all the new things about this game.
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

^^ No problem!
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
OaklandFarms

Post by OaklandFarms »

I understand the slot system but we’re talking about buying one tractor that could be for example 32 slots that means you have 32 slots that are currently used for this one piece of machinery. In my opinion this slot system is worthless. I love to have a farm with different variant of tractors but if I can only have one brand what’s the use in even okaying farm sim
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's not worthless, the more detailed it is the more slots it uses