Why the new slot system - explained

EagleWolfEddy

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by EagleWolfEddy »

Do you have to restart game for it to work? Wish there was patch notes for the console to know what all was patched. In the console update history it jus says bugs and fixes. I wish there was a console specific area for console news cause idt there is.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 :this: :this: :this:
LoneStarSwag691

Post by LoneStarSwag691 »

Stegei wrote:The problem is, that the map in FS17 already uses about twice as much memory as the map in FS15. Also most of the vehicles are much more detailed and some use about twice as much memory as well. Also because of the mod system and the larger amount of available vehicles in the base game, the slot system needs to be more conservative, since we need be absolutely sure, that any possible combination will always fit in the available memory. For FS15, there was approx. enough memory to just keep any vehicle in memory, so we basically only needed to make sure that the per-instance memory (which is quite low compared to the base memory used per vehicle type) didn't use up all of the remaining memory. For FS17, this unfortunately is no longer the case. Buying all vehicles just once, would use more than the available memory. We will however continue to investigate if we can further optimize the slot system, to allow you to buy more vehicles.
So I've tried searching through other threads and unfortunately there's so many on this topic that there's effectively no way to find the answer lol. Are yall trying to slowly up the slot count 'til you hit max? or are you saying that the update released yesterday is the max? I know I saw somewhere that yall were working on a slot update to be released in the future which I assume was yesterdays. However I also saw which may not be official that yall were upping the slot count to somewhere in the hundreds. I'm on XB1 and the title is rather difficult to play on this console with just the current available slots. I have a farm in which I used the "money Glitch" to buy equipment etc.. to learn the changes so I don't go out and waste money on items in the game which I can-not use because there's so many other pieces needed with them. That said I will eventually get to the current slot availability on my "real play" maps and know that I will have a very hard time harvesting the wide variety of crops etc with this limit. Had this have been announced I would have purchased the title on PC but too many friends play on XB1 and I wanted to co-op with them. Now I fear I'll regret the decision.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

LoneStarSwag691 wrote:Now I fear I'll regret the decision.
Agreed.

I'm no where near the slot limit but I would love to know what the average number of vehicles/ placibles you guys are reaching to get to 80% or more. Since I can't afford a PC to play this on at the moment, I'll just plan around the slot limit for now.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
nweddup

Post by nweddup »

Youncant get new ps4 for around £250
Is it not fairly obvious that £250 worth of hardware will not have the same capabilities of a £450 gaming pc? Everyone wants the games to look better run better and hold more data, I am pretty sure giants could reduce the quality of the machines (visually etc.) to suit such cheap games machines, but then you'd all be moaning it doesent look good enough lol You cant have it all ways I'm afraid.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

nweddup wrote:
Youncant get new ps4 for around £250
Is it not fairly obvious that £250 worth of hardware will not have the same capabilities of a £450 gaming pc? Everyone wants the games to look better run better and hold more data, I am pretty sure giants could reduce the quality of the machines (visually etc.) to suit such cheap games machines, but then you'd all be moaning it doesent look good enough lol You cant have it all ways I'm afraid.
Why is this always thr response? Why do people who dont play on consoles (I play both PC & XB1) come on these threads about console issues. You add nothing to the discussion but your own bias opinion.

Most console gamers understand the limitation of there hardware, players coming from FS15 are aware of a"slot system" that was at 3000, some coming from FS13 on XB360 (I was full pleb) understand the slot system fully (Base and vechical slots)
What people are trying to understand is:
1. Why is it so low compared to FS15? ( Already answered)
2. Why wasn't this made abundantly clear in the months leading up to release? ( the more important question to me)
Now without the "Money Glitch" I don't see that many players reaching the cap this early on, but it has happened, now with stock vechicals and hand full of mods, people who purchased "Premium Edition" are maxed out without a single DLC being released.
XB1/PC
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

yup...and most of the people who cheat or glitch money to get all the best equipment won't be around in another month to continue bemoaning the slot system as they will be bored and stop playing... by then they will have all moved on to the new Dance Dance Revolution

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
strudders2112

Post by strudders2112 »

SirLANsalot wrote:hmm, maybe people should play a farming game on the PC where it belongs. Them consoles are archaic anyways, and you are running into the EXACT issue why consoles *zensiert*. Limited hardware.

While its much easier to program a game for a console then a PC, because every console is exactly the same. They have severe limitations in there capabilities, to the point where they are far below PC's even when first launched. So its harder to program a game for the PC, because each computer will handle the game differently, its also far easier for the end user to adjust there settings or hardware to accommodate newer games.

TL;DR, don't play on console? LOL
Current gen consoles (Xbox 1 and PS4) are much more powerful that you give them credit for. I would go as far to say that they are a lot more efficient graphically and processing wise than a great deal of PC and lap tops that play FS17....

FS 17 is not a taxing game by any stretch... In fact it is pretty poor considering the amount of time they had it in development.

So I do not understand why there is a limitation when so much is in common with FS15.....

That coming from me as a PC gamer is quit impressive.....
hun3

Post by hun3 »

What is this slot system you guys are talking about?
CosmicNite

Post by CosmicNite »

hun3 wrote:What is this slot system you guys are talking about?
It's for consoles, because they have limited system resources Giant needs to limit the number of assets on map. So depending on a tractors model detail it might be worth 7 slots, upto x number.

I think I'm right in saying as well that because the maps have more details in 17 there is a issue with the number of slots available for equipment.
Ex-farmer who should know better enjoying farming simulator.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCosmicNite
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

strudders2112 wrote:
So I do not understand why there is a limitation when so much is in common with FS15.....

That coming from me as a PC gamer is quit impressive.....
Dont forget FS15 was on the new gen consoles too, and since we do have better graphics, more equipment, more plant types, new animals, plus resource put by for mods which we didnt have before

Also we did have a slot limit on 15, i remember having bails stacked way high then i hit the limit on those, and the limit we had on the console at release of FS17 was bugged so it was hit to early, with the new limit we will have alot more equipment available, dont forget the first is around 10 slots, there after the same equipment is only 1 slot

Also with the new way the vehicles have running costs it would be stupid to have tons of vehicles scattered all over the map like in FS15, it will be hard to hit the slot limit if people are sensible about the game
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

WolfeUK wrote: it will be hard to hit the slot limit if people are sensible about the game
what he said.....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

@WolfeUK I agree, every farm I ran on FS15 was a small operation and never needed more than what was required to take care of one field, no matter how many I owned, so I never see myself coming close to cap slots. And it will definitely change the way people play and how they choose what equitment to buy.

But, (for me) the question still remains, "Why wasn't this mentioned by Giants until the forums became flooded with concerns?" I just honestly feel (IMO) some people would have would have second guessed their purchase on console if they knew the slot numbers have been reduced so drastically.
XB1/PC
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I donr think giants knew tbh, its a bug but maybe they didnt have to finish it before goig gold
Billiybobbie

Post by Billiybobbie »

No word if they fixed dumping grass directly into bunkers (Ps4)? Not registering as silage if you just cut grass and directly pick it up with a collector/gathering trailer then dump it in the bunker beside the cows. I did it twice before i realized that it wasn't registering (0 compact, 0 chaff fill level) oh man was it full. What a mess. Love this game tho!

Happy farming!
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

eric21 wrote:I donr think giants knew tbh, its a bug but maybe they didnt have to finish it before goig gold
The "Bug" was it being 50 and not 500, they clearly stated that in this thread. And don't get me wrong, I'm thoroughly enjoying this game on 2 differnt platforms (more so on PC) and I love where the game is going. That being said Giants knew what the slot numbers were (they created it) but failed to inform players that they would only be able to essentially own 1/6 of the equipment they had on the previous title.
XB1/PC