Why the new slot system - explained

canadafarms

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Post by canadafarms »

WolfeUK wrote:
canadafarms wrote: I apologise, also to wolfeuk as well.
Sometimes i forget people can have problems with their game when i dont and im sorry if i came across arrogant and not listening to your concerns, i know what its like to not be happy with a product, So i apologize to you also, and anyone else who read what i wrote and got offended by it.
Hey no worries, I read a lot of your posts in other threads as well and find a lot of them helpful to me as well as other players so keep doing what you do. *thumbsup*

You are right that there are far more important things that need fixing in this game. I can play within the slot limit, if they can bump it in the future, great if not its not that big of a deal. With the new economics its going to be a long time before I have to worry about that! :lol:
PS4
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

So, I somehow have 4 combines, 20 tractors, 4 semis, 10+ silo extensions, and a boatload of equipment on Xbox and have yet to hit a slot limit....shrugs
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

PaulDuPouy wrote:So, I somehow have 4 combines, 20 tractors, 4 semis, 10+ silo extensions, and a boatload of equipment on Xbox and have yet to hit a slot limit....shrugs
Yeah it'll be VERY VERY hard to hit that limit. Only someone trying to go nuts will hit it, and by then their frame-rates will be in the floor somewhere anyway. :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

PaulDuPouy wrote:So, I somehow have 4 combines, 20 tractors, 4 semis, 10+ silo extensions, and a boatload of equipment on Xbox and have yet to hit a slot limit....shrugs
Have you noticed the number of available slots in the shop menu? I don't even have half of what you have and it says I've got 7 slots available. Haven't actually tried to buy something new, will try in the weekend.
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Ive got pretty much all i need to comfortably farm and not have extortionate expenses later on, ive just had the 100 slot count left sign come up, but apart from the beet harvester anything i buy from now will be 1 slot, so unless you really are trying to fill your world with 1 of every piece of equipment you should be fine...

Oh and dont forget they are squeezing another 150 slots for us if it pass's testing
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

https://youtu.be/TKyPs0BlEXA For anyone concerned about the slot limit on PS4 check out this video just to see how much kit you can have
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

You can have a pretty good (possibly excessive :mrgreen: ) list of equipment. One certainly can't have 1 of everything, and as the "Cow print" tractor uses 16 slots alone, I counted that one out, lol. :zunge:

I've personally managed to get up to 110 equipment and do all the different types of farming. With about 8 slots free, but I will admit I wanted to setup several micro-farms around the map (for future MP), so numerous duplicates such as telehandlers, semis+trailers.

I've also not had any framerate problems, except when using 120x, which I rarely use. But I've only played on Sosnovka, which may make a difference, idk. :confusednew:

For anyone interested, you can see my equipment list here https://goo.gl/photos/o6FreDfrDpQyhXhV7 or shown on my channel diaries. :hi:
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
Jivavil

Post by Jivavil »

This game just turned to dogshit. It was bad that you could only have 55 items in the beginning. Ok it was an error, glad they fixed it. But now it's basically the same thing!!! They're forcing us to buy the same type of equipment and sticking us in a box. I'll be looking for a refund and returning back to play FS15. At least there were no limitations in that game. Way to F us Giants
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

Miura74 wrote:You can have a pretty good (possibly excessive :mrgreen: ) list of equipment. One certainly can't have 1 of everything, and as the "Cow print" tractor uses 16 slots alone, I counted that one out, lol. :zunge:

I've personally managed to get up to 110 equipment and do all the different types of farming. With about 8 slots free, but I will admit I wanted to setup several micro-farms around the map (for future MP), so numerous duplicates such as telehandlers, semis+trailers.

I've also not had any framerate problems, except when using 120x, which I rarely use. But I've only played on Sosnovka, which may make a difference, idk. :confusednew: wow that's a **** load of stuff I feel better now.

For anyone interested, you can see my equipment list here https://goo.gl/photos/o6FreDfrDpQyhXhV7 or shown on my channel diaries. :hi:
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

Jivavil wrote:This game just turned to dogshit. It was bad that you could only have 55 items in the beginning. Ok it was an error, glad they fixed it. But now it's basically the same thing!!! They're forcing us to buy the same type of equipment and sticking us in a box. I'll be looking for a refund and returning back to play FS15. At least there were no limitations in that game. Way to F us Giants
Soooo how much you really need? Someone just posted that he has over 100 items in his farm?? Thats lots of stuff? Or you just want every single item from the shop?
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Jivavil wrote:This game just turned to dogshit. It was bad that you could only have 55 items in the beginning. Ok it was an error, glad they fixed it. But now it's basically the same thing!!! They're forcing us to buy the same type of equipment and sticking us in a box. I'll be looking for a refund and returning back to play FS15. At least there were no limitations in that game. Way to F us Giants
There was limitations in FS15, just alot higher, its the limitations of playing on a console, all games on console have limits, they have already said we are getting more slots, think its going up to 650 after testing.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

So wait. Let me translate this for you. What you are REALLY saying is that, in a game sense, you are simulating someone who in real life would be featured on the hit TV show "Horders", because when you buy an upgrade, you absolutely feel that you are FORCED to keep the older, smaller equipment. You feel you are NOT allowed to SELL any equipment to get the larger equipment that you need. KEEP EVERYTHING! That's the story here. So instead of simulating a farmer, who in real life would constantly be buying and selling equipment as he upgrades and grows, in your eyes this is a contest about who can have the MOST equipment on one map.

I hate to break it to you in such a blunt spoiler but ... there's no leader boards in this game. There's no achievement for having x-amount of clutter on your map. There's no acknowledgement to the other players that "such and such owns more equipment than you." I know ... it is sad and it breaks your heart to hear this, but it is actually true.

Oh ... and before you go blaming the supposed "dogshit game", maybe try addressing who regulates your game ... Sony and Microsoft. Wait ... no ... that makes sense, which is far beyond your comprehension. Never mind then. You may carry on for our amusement. Dismissed. :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Frantic Farmer

Post by Frantic Farmer »

Faelandaea wrote:
So wait. Let me translate this for you. What you are REALLY saying is that, in a game sense, you are simulating someone who in real life would be featured on the hit TV show "Horders", because when you buy an upgrade, you absolutely feel that you are FORCED to keep the older, smaller equipment. You feel you are NOT allowed to SELL any equipment to get the larger equipment that you need. KEEP EVERYTHING! That's the story here. So instead of simulating a farmer, who in real life would constantly be buying and selling equipment as he upgrades and grows, in your eyes this is a contest about who can have the MOST equipment on one map.

I hate to break it to you in such a blunt spoiler but ... there's no leader boards in this game. There's no achievement for having x-amount of clutter on your map. There's no acknowledgement to the other players that "such and such owns more equipment than you." I know ... it is sad and it breaks your heart to hear this, but it is actually true.

Oh ... and before you go blaming the supposed "dogshit game", maybe try addressing who regulates your game ... Sony and Microsoft. Wait ... no ... that makes sense, which is far beyond your comprehension. Never mind then. You may carry on for our amusement. Dismissed. :)

Lol, thereso one angry farmer right there. I couldn't agree more thoughelp. Im not a farmer in RL and I dont plan to be. If I was though I don't think I would be horiding all that ****. I just upgraded as I go and sell all my old **** why would I keep it. I play on ps4 although I do have a pc quote capable of running fs I just fancied a nice slow pace sim for my ps4. I'm am aware of the so called limited slotstock therefore I'm pretty careful as to what I own. I get that players want everything they can buy for their farm but do you really need it all?

Happy farming all :hi:
PS4/ Thornton/ American outback : UK Player :hi:
Miura74

Post by Miura74 »

Don't get me wrong from my post, I personally love the game. Great step up from FS15 for the consoles. *thumbsup*

I just feel that the slots should be shown all the time, not later. You can save on slots by purchasing certain equipment over others, but that's not obvious to start with. :hi:

Plus once you buy 2 of the same equipment "your garage" states 1 slot to each (a bug perhaps?), so the original item doesn't show the true slot count until you sell the 2nd one and only have 1 of that equipment left.
PS4 + PS5 (Miura74) & PC player.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PsnMiura74
(No monetization - I don't earn money off views - just fun)
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

Miura74 wrote:
Plus once you buy 2 of the same equipment "your garage" states 1 slot to each (a bug perhaps?), so the original item doesn't show the true slot count until you sell the 2nd one and only have 1 of that equipment left.
Its as intended, meaning once you have brought the expensive first one everyone after is only 1 slot, but yes, would be good to see what each equipment is worth on slots for the first one