Page 20 of 20

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm
by FordFarmer97
OaklandFarms wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am
I understand the slot system but we’re talking about buying one tractor that could be for example 32 slots that means you have 32 slots that are currently used for this one piece of machinery. In my opinion this slot system is worthless. I love to have a farm with different variant of tractors but if I can only have one brand what’s the use in even okaying farm sim
Isn't worthless, it's logical. The more detailed a tractor is, the more slots it takes

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm
by Lord_Beelzebub
Stegei wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:54 am
The problem is, that the map in FS17 already uses about twice as much memory as the map in FS15. Also most of the vehicles are much more detailed and some use about twice as much memory as well. Also because of the mod system and the larger amount of available vehicles in the base game, the slot system needs to be more conservative, since we need be absolutely sure, that any possible combination will always fit in the available memory. For FS15, there was approx. enough memory to just keep any vehicle in memory, so we basically only needed to make sure that the per-instance memory (which is quite low compared to the base memory used per vehicle type) didn't use up all of the remaining memory. For FS17, this unfortunately is no longer the case. Buying all vehicles just once, would use more than the available memory. We will however continue to investigate if we can further optimize the slot system, to allow you to buy more vehicles.
Then why should any of us buy FS19 for the PS4? If system resources limit us in how much equipment we can buy in the game because of graphic detail and it eating up RAM, you're about to release a new game that has even higher graphic detail. So logic tells me that's going to limit us even more for FS19 based on that logic.

How about explaining that? I think this explanation just gave all of us console users a legit reason not to buy FS19.

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:54 pm
by Guil
Optimization will probably mean it can run just as good as fs17 on current consoles.

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:33 pm
by Skullblits
Wonder if having more stuff as a optional download would help.. Like mods kind of. Have some packs for download. Because alot of the stuff I'm sure people won't even use. Would free up memory

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 pm
by TacoFarmer
FordFarmer97 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm
OaklandFarms wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am
I understand the slot system but we’re talking about buying one tractor that could be for example 32 slots that means you have 32 slots that are currently used for this one piece of machinery. In my opinion this slot system is worthless. I love to have a farm with different variant of tractors but if I can only have one brand what’s the use in even okaying farm sim
Isn't worthless, it's logical. The more detailed a tractor is, the more slots it takes
Sometimes. The Komfort Buher(not correct spelling) takes 14. And some of tbe tippers like the West and Gilibert only use.2 slots while something like the skip using 7 or so. And the seed tender using 1. Hows that even possible?

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 pm
by anonymouz
TacoFarmer wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 pm
FordFarmer97 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm
OaklandFarms wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 am
I understand the slot system but we’re talking about buying one tractor that could be for example 32 slots that means you have 32 slots that are currently used for this one piece of machinery. In my opinion this slot system is worthless. I love to have a farm with different variant of tractors but if I can only have one brand what’s the use in even okaying farm sim
Isn't worthless, it's logical. The more detailed a tractor is, the more slots it takes
Sometimes. The Komfort Buher(not correct spelling) takes 14. And some of tbe tippers like the West and Gilibert only use.2 slots while something like the skip using 7 or so. And the seed tender using 1. Hows that even possible?
I was also wondering about that with the lowloaders in fs17, the simple ones even as mods need more slots than the goldhofer which is very detailed and is divisible.

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:26 pm
by anonymouz
Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm
Stegei wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:54 am
The problem is, that the map in FS17 already uses about twice as much memory as the map in FS15. Also most of the vehicles are much more detailed and some use about twice as much memory as well. Also because of the mod system and the larger amount of available vehicles in the base game, the slot system needs to be more conservative, since we need be absolutely sure, that any possible combination will always fit in the available memory. For FS15, there was approx. enough memory to just keep any vehicle in memory, so we basically only needed to make sure that the per-instance memory (which is quite low compared to the base memory used per vehicle type) didn't use up all of the remaining memory. For FS17, this unfortunately is no longer the case. Buying all vehicles just once, would use more than the available memory. We will however continue to investigate if we can further optimize the slot system, to allow you to buy more vehicles.
Then why should any of us buy FS19 for the PS4? If system resources limit us in how much equipment we can buy in the game because of graphic detail and it eating up RAM, you're about to release a new game that has even higher graphic detail. So logic tells me that's going to limit us even more for FS19 based on that logic.

How about explaining that? I think this explanation just gave all of us console users a legit reason not to buy FS19.
The Reason why i decided to buy a new PC soon & then FS19 for it.

But honestly, thats not just Giants Fault, its the Restrictions that comes with the Consoles.
And this will not be better on the next Versions - then everything depends on how Giants optimize their newer Versions.
Thats the way it is.

I believe they could manage out a Slot-Limit of ca. 750-800 Slots in FS19 within a Year after Release, but not easily.

[I'm a VG-Player over 20yrs now, played on nearly every Console and every PC-System - C64/Amiga/Atari/Sega/Nintendo/Dreamcast/Playstation/Xbox etc.pp]

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:28 am
by Faelandaea
Holy thread necrosis. Lol.

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:34 am
by anonymouz
Faelandaea wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:28 am
Holy thread necrosis. Lol.
whooops.. lol ^^

Re: Why the new slot system - explained

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:48 pm
by Colin_TJ
Funny thing about slot system on consoles. Yet try this. Look up on slot count before taking field mission and then after taking one while leasing equipment for mission. Slots count won't change yet there will be additional equipment in game for mission. I personally use tractors or trailers to do other stuff, still while using my man truck for transport of mission harvest .
Question which arises is why slots count against our equipment but when we got other for missions (while we can use it for other stuff) it won count. Cuz when leasing for mission it wont we included in garage as owned nor leased? But its in game to be driven and used on mission on otherwise so what the heck? Weird right?
So if u run out from slots on consoles and need to get some equipment for Your harvest or anything else. Look up for mission which has required equipment u need and take it. U can use it and won't cost u to lease it nor space on slot count...sorted. game cheat .