Can I play with friends using ps4 when I'm on pc?

mrshuu

Re: Can I play with friends using ps4 when I'm on pc?

Post by mrshuu »

Im pretty sure rocket league is the only game thats cross platform but cant play with friends on a different device. I think it was for ease of matching people quickly

Post by 1226 »

no my cousin had the same question
heapsteriser

Post by heapsteriser »

Bubble259, unfortunately you can't play together on a PC or Xbox. That is due to both versions of Farming Simulator 17 being scripted differently. They also have 2 different multiplayer systems, the Xbox one being compatible to just the Xbox users and the PC one compatible to just the PC users. I hope this helps!
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

In FS19 you can’t even play with friends between a PS4 and another PS4, so there’s no use in even contemplating the possibility of cross-platform play.
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

no, thank god
Fredrik

Post by Fredrik »

Bubble259 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:08 pm Any help would be great thank you
Not yet.
Super T Agriculture

Post by Super T Agriculture »

I'd say cross platform play for Farming Simulator is never gonna happen, at least not with the current version. Look at how it had to be done with Minecraft. They've written a completely new version of it to allow PC (Windows 10 only as far as I know) Xbox, phone/tablet users and now Nintendo Switch players to play online together, Sony refused to get involved. :oops:

It had to be completely reworked and set up to run equally across all platforms including the least powerful which in Minecrafts case would be the phone/tablet users and in Farm Sims case would be console users (and no I'm not bashing consoles, I'm console only myself).

Any cross platform version of Farming Simulator would also require the availability of the same mods for everyone and for that reason alone it just can't happen.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Mystic wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm In FS19 you can’t even play with friends between a PS4 and another PS4, so there’s no use in even contemplating the possibility of cross-platform play.
Why not? I'm able to join FS19 multiplayer sessions from my PS4, and play with my friends.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Super T Agriculture wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:54 am I'd say cross platform play for Farming Simulator is never gonna happen, at least not with the current version. Look at how it had to be done with Minecraft. They've written a completely new version of it to allow PC (Windows 10 only as far as I know) Xbox, phone/tablet users and now Nintendo Switch players to play online together, Sony refused to get involved. :oops:

It had to be completely reworked and set up to run equally across all platforms including the least powerful which in Minecrafts case would be the phone/tablet users and in Farm Sims case would be console users (and no I'm not bashing consoles, I'm console only myself).

Any cross platform version of Farming Simulator would also require the availability of the same mods for everyone and for that reason alone it just can't happen.
I believe if Giants were to investigate utilizing Epic's cross-platform services, they COULD enable full cross-play between PS, XB, PC, Switch, Android, iOS. There would of course be the issue of matching up mods on all platforms, but it COULD be done if Giants were interested in merging their two separate development tracks for PC/Console (odd number releases like FS17/19/etc) versus Mobile (even number releases like FS16/18/etc).
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Mods woulden't matter any more with cross platform than they do now... Would still have to have the map and all mods being used on that server and no others would work...

Just because a server that wanted to allow cross platform would be limited to mods avaliable on console wouldent make it any different than it is now...
PC gamer.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

So. The point is to open up and be able to play with players on other devices, of course with the same in-game restrictions (maps and mods) we have now. But without the "ridiculous in 2019" platform restriction....
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

burnsdg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:41 pm
Mystic wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm In FS19 you can’t even play with friends between a PS4 and another PS4, so there’s no use in even contemplating the possibility of cross-platform play.
Why not? I'm able to join FS19 multiplayer sessions from my PS4, and play with my friends.
I’m very confused by this as well since me and a buddy play this together almost nightly on PS4
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Maybe FS21, since COD is now cross platform. I’m sure more will follow suit
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I don't think that PC players can't compete with console players
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I'm definently having doubdts about console to pc crossplatform, as we'd end up with slots on pc aswell, and that would be quite an uproar with the pc player comunity.
ps to xbox would be another situation though.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...