Can I play with friends using ps4 when I'm on pc?

BlackWanderer

Re: Can I play with friends using ps4 when I'm on pc?

Post by BlackWanderer »

Sorry, but I still didn't understand can I play multiplayer together with my friend or not? I am on PC, my freind is on MAC.

Tnx.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

BlackWanderer wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:02 am Sorry, but I still didn't understand can I play multiplayer together with my friend or not? I am on PC, my freind is on MAC.
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, multiplayer between the Windows- and macOS-version of the game is possible.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

This is a ancient thread about PS4, best results create a new topic or ask in an existing Mac specific thread?
manugo99

Post by manugo99 »

I would also like to know, since sometimes I have the availability to play on my ps3
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Not sure what you 'want to know' but the answer to the question in this topic title is in the second post.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
roveni

Post by roveni »

Super T Agriculture wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:54 am I'd say cross platform play for Farming Simulator is never gonna happen, at least not with the current version. Look at how it had to be done with Minecraft. They've written a completely new version of it to allow PC (Windows 10 only as far as I know) Xbox, phone/tablet users and now Nintendo Switch players to play online together, Sony refused to get involved. :oops: It had to be completely reworked as seen here and set up to run equally across all platforms including the least powerful which in Minecrafts case would be the phone/tablet users and in Farm Sims case would be console users (and no I'm not bashing consoles, I'm console only myself). Any cross platform version of Farming Simulator would also require the availability of the same mods for everyone and for that reason alone it just can't happen.
Crossplay works fine on newer games and I see no reason for Farming Simulator to not enable it in coming versions. I do not know about their plans, but I think it would be a great enhancement for the series.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

GrimGandalf wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:32 am
burnsdg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:41 pm
Mystic wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm In FS19 you can’t even play with friends between a PS4 and another PS4, so there’s no use in even contemplating the possibility of cross-platform play.
Why not? I'm able to join FS19 multiplayer sessions from my PS4, and play with my friends.

I’m very confused by this as well since me and a buddy play this together almost nightly on PS4
In my experience, if you attempt to restrict your multiplayer game on PS4 to “friends only” when creating it, your PS4 friends cannot join or even see the game. The only way we were ever able to play is by me creating a public game and then hoping my friend could find it in the list and join before someone else did.
burnsdg

Post by burnsdg »

Mystic wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:50 pm
burnsdg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:41 pm
Why not? I'm able to join FS19 multiplayer sessions from my PS4, and play with my friends.

I’m very confused by this as well since me and a buddy play this together almost nightly on PS4
In my experience, if you attempt to restrict your multiplayer game on PS4 to “friends only” when creating it, your PS4 friends cannot join or even see the game. The only way we were ever able to play is by me creating a public game and then hoping my friend could find it in the list and join before someone else did.
I'm on PS5. I always launch my FS19 multiplayer as "friends only" (I usually select "International" as the server), my Playstation friends that are on either PS4 or PS5 (be they here in the USA, or in EU or UK) don't have any problem joining. All they ever have to do is select my name on their Playstation "friends list" and click on "Join session", their game launches, they're in. Couldn't be easier.
Honestly, to join a friend's game, don't waste your time in the in-game multiplayer browser.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

burnsdg wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:42 pm
Mystic wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:50 pm

I'm on PS5. I always launch my FS19 multiplayer as "friends only" (I usually select "International" as the server), my Playstation friends that are on either PS4 or PS5 (be they here in the USA, or in EU or UK) don't have any problem joining. All they ever have to do is select my name on their Playstation "friends list" and click on "Join session", their game launches, they're in. Couldn't be easier.
Honestly, to join a friend's game, don't waste your time in the in-game multiplayer browser.
Maybe that was indeed the problem - we were always trying to use that in-game browser, and when setting up a game as “friends only” the game never appears in that browser. But I didn’t know it was possible to join a game from the PlayStation friends menu … I’ll definitely have to look into that. Thank you!
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

well, if you are so lucky that you actually get multiplayer to even work, in theory it should work
beregor

Post by beregor »

On my server i have allowed crossplay in server settings, i have one user on PS and rest on PC
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

No. Only cross platform games like fortnite and mincraft for example. Not sure if windows and mac can but not ps and pc
Ice_boii :gamer: