Xbox one multi-player issues

D filthy sloth

Xbox one multi-player issues

Post by D filthy sloth »

for the past few days ive bee unable to join friends and they cant join me, i just keep getting the message "no connection could be established to the multiplayer game" and they get the same message when trying to join me, we all have the exact same mods and DLC so i dont know what the issue could be, i can join random peoples games without issue as can they so does anyone have thee slightest clue as to this royal "insert vile insult here" of a problem.
Dougyhowzer

Re: Xbox one multi-player issues

Post by Dougyhowzer »

Have you checked your NAT status . I have heard that if your NAT status is strict , you would only be able to connect to hosts games that have an open NAT

My NAT is moderate , and haven't had any issues , so I think if you can get your NAT type to moderate at the least , then you should be able to your friend's game .
SpaceShot

Post by SpaceShot »

I can confirm this is not working tonight. I am in the US on Xbox Live. My friend and I played many other games tonight and this is the only one we can not play. We checked and both of our NAT status are open.

This happened a few nights ago. After trying all kinds of things, we got lucky and got in. We thought that rebooting our Xboxes was it, but now I realize that was just a coincidence. We've tried that tonight several times. We've tried disabling all mods. In the end, after seeing other posts. It just seems that sometimes games can't register with the server, and therefore can never be found, and nothing can be done about it. Waiting "a few minutes" hasn't worked. Going on three hours now.
Dougyhowzer

Post by Dougyhowzer »

Thanks for the update . Myself and a few others experienced the same thing during the Christmas holidays as well for a day or two .

Hopefully this problem will be resolved soon . As it can be frustrating not being able to play with friends because of this issue .
SpaceShot

Post by SpaceShot »

I can give slightly more context. To try and resolve this we both set our Xbox One's into the DMZ on our networks. We already had open NAT but this was like bringing out the big guns. No change.

One observation I can make, although it proves nothing specific, is that I think as the night wore on the number of games was basically only going down. From 700 to 500 to about 300 when we gave up. I wondered if maybe the problem is that when we create a game, the step of registering it with whatever server magic being used for lobbies and connectivity breaks, but it doesn't kill the game startup. From the perspective of the game creator, the game loads just fine.

Then we tried searching for each others game (we're in a party talking this through as we do it) AND tried invites. Both fail the same way.

The one night that this HAS worked for us, we used both invites and just found each others games by typing a few letters of the game name. Didn't need more than a few to filter it out enough.

So far we have had little overall success. We try to connect, doesnt work, move onto another game. Bought the game as part of Deals with Gold but only been able to play it one evening so far. It's getting very frustrating.
AnotherBeard

Post by AnotherBeard »

I am also having the same issue. this is the second day in a row that multiplayer isn't working which is extremely frustrating as I bought three copies for friends at Christmas and we cannot play together. now I've spent $150.00 on this game. it's one thing if the servers are down, but quite another when people are having these issues for days at a time and the GIANTS team says nothing to its customers about what is going on. it's very disappointing . I like this game and don't want to ask for a refund but as of now, it looks pretty hopeless. please GIANTS, don't be like other companies and leave us hanging. FIX THE ISSUES PLEASE OR COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS.
SpaceShot

Post by SpaceShot »

Hi AnotherBeard, thanks for the update. My friends and I tried again last night and it didn't work. We games existed, but I couldn't connect to any of them (just to see if it would work) and my group of friends could not play. Are those people playing on different platforms? Again, we have been putting our Xbox One consoles into the DMZ when we test it so that we've removed all possible obstacles.

I can't help but wonder if it's me when I see all these games working, but thanks to the update from AnotherBeard, I know we're not alone. It's just broken and has been for days at a time.
Rokstr661

Post by Rokstr661 »

It's the European servers that you're seeing working that you can join. We have a friend in Europe we can play but it gets too laggy and kicks us out after a short time
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Anyone try emailing Giants Support at support@giants-software.com ?

I contacted them once and they were quite quick to respond...
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

I sent them an email no response office hours are Mon thru Fri 8-5 do I wouldn't count on playing with friends this weekend I don't think they check forums so I guess I'm off to play another game
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

I've emailed them and also messaged moderators and giants personnel on here. Hopefully they can contact someone to go in and fix this stuff.
AnotherBeard

Post by AnotherBeard »

I emailed them three days ago, they emailed me back today asking which error message I was getting. I have not heard back from then since this morning but given the time difference and their office hours, like OkieFarmer stated, I'm guessing I'm not playing multiplayer this weekend, which does disappoint.
SpaceShot

Post by SpaceShot »

Another wasted evening for me as well. Friend and I spent a few hours trying to connect to each others games. When our games start, they don't show up in the multiplayer lists, and invites don't work. This is such a joke.
AnotherBeard

Post by AnotherBeard »

still broken....
D_wiegand

Post by D_wiegand »

I've also been having the same issues. I got the game just to see what it was like, then my wife wanted to join in. Tuesday night we played for a little bit, but then these issues arised. We were thinking maybe it was due to sharing games on the Xbox one, so we bought another copy of the game for her account. It didn't help. I created a game on the 10th save slot just to see if maybe using a slot that has never been used before would help. She managed to join it but just for that night. The next day it didn't work. And using another slot didn't work again. A couple other friends are also having the same issue, 4 of us can't join each other's games in any combination, yet we can all join a random persons game and play together. It's a really strange issue that they need to resolve. The fact that no one has even chimed in on here about looking into it is suspect. Maybe the more people that express their exact same issues will help expedite the situation. I also emailed them, but it was after hours I assume. It didn't say what time zone they were in.