Why do players always reject me

FarmerRinsible

Why do players always reject me

Post by FarmerRinsible »

So I'm on xbox one and I like to meet new people on Fs but I can't most of the time because they keep rejecting my request to join. Before u say I know it's their game but i have say this why u play multiplayer if your not going to play with anyone. Sorry for the rant it needs to come out.
markare

Re: Why do players always reject me

Post by markare »

People put multiplayer on to play with their friends. A lot of people reject unknown gamers due to the fact that they can not always see what is being done on the map. If the random person joins and messes around with stuff and the game hosts saves without seeing it their whole game is messed up and can take forever to put tight again. I know this from experience. Also a lot of game sessions you see are game streamers allowing their followers and viewers to play that's why they have rejected you. My point is. Unless someone knows you then 90% of the games you attempt to join will reject you. If you want to meet new people I would suggest starting your own session and see if people join . get to know them that way
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
MEANGRAMMA

Post by MEANGRAMMA »

Well, Look at my gamer tag.... I get rejected a lot!! People assume, in any type of game, that I'm going to run into their game, tear stuff up and then leave! I opened up my own Multiplayer game, got my work crew going and now have my game for Friends Only. They come in every day/night and help.
jaker85

Post by jaker85 »

To many random ppl think it's funny to mess things up so I personally only let friends on my farm.
W1der

Post by W1der »

When hosting a game ... I reject 9 out of 10 requests to join ...
The main reason is that I just let someone in and I need to keep an eye on them for a while, before I can let someone else join.
It is amazing how fast a "troll" can cause a real mess in a game ...
First warning is if they do not "talk" ... I kick them out after saying hello 3 times without a respons.
But just the other day, this guy entered and seemed really likeable ... chatting away ...
Then suddenly he enters a truck with a large tipper full of wood chips ... floors the gas and presses the dump button ...
Wood chips everywhere, in the middle of the forest ... :mrgreen:

I keep my game open to a maximum of 6 guests.
If a few of them is "regulars" they will help me sort the newbies out ...
If I only have "new people" in the game ... I am constantly getting "whats next" ... "can you show me" ... "help - I had an accident" ...
In this situation ... I wont accept any new players.

Also ... if there has been a lot of "synking" in a short period of time ... I also reject new players, to avoid ruining the gamesession for my guests !

I would say I am getting the same ratio when I try to join a random game ... 9 out of 10 times ... they will deny me!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Higgings

Post by Higgings »

Since theres is quiet a few "We need more worker" here and on FS-UK, you could go ther and send them a PM and ask if you could join them.
I run a dedicatet server and I never let anyone in, unless they have sent me a PM and we have had a chat first.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Like markare said, you really cant just join a persons session on mp, they have a system, and if someone (not you) comes in and messes it all up, dont wash vehicle after job is done and put it where we can find it, i mean im sure your a nice guy in all, but if you were to come on my mp session and screw stuff up, your outta here, i like smart, intelligent people who will work, but also has a sence of humor, im funny-ish, i dont want little kids guming up the operation ect.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

W1der wrote:When hosting a game ... I reject 9 out of 10 requests to join ...
The main reason is that I just let someone in and I need to keep an eye on them for a while, before I can let someone else join.
First warning is if they do not "talk" ... I kick them out after saying hello 3 times without a respons.
But just the other day, this guy entered and seemed really likeable ... chatting away ...
Then suddenly he enters a truck with a large tipper full of wood chips ... floors the gas and presses the dump button ...

If I only have "new people" in the game ... I am constantly getting "whats next" ... "can you show me" ... "help - I had an accident" ...

Also ... if there has been a lot of "synking" in a short period of time ... I also reject new players, to avoid ruining the gamesession for my guests !

I would say I am getting the same ratio when I try to join a random game ... 9 out of 10 times ... they will deny me!
What if i was trynna join ya? Lol.
W1der

Post by W1der »

BigC92 wrote:

If you where using the same "handle" as on here ... I would make room for you! :mrgreen:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

My experience from MP is very short term ...

I always ask if the guest is experienced or new to the game ...
4/5 is "new to the game" ...
I am guessing that most "old timers" already have found their MP squad and sticks with it ...

The MP game I run as an "open game" is a game where I cheated in a lot of money ... and I am basically running it for the experience ...
If someone mess up ... I have a challenge ... I like the unexpected ... and I like challenges ... :mrgreen:
I also like sharing my "experience" with others ... *thumbsup*
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

W1der wrote:
BigC92 wrote:

If you where using the same "handle" as on here ... I would make room for you! :mrgreen:
Thats what i mean, if you had a PS4 id let you join me, cause i know you, not to the point where i call you "bro" but your really close, point is you have to figure out people, you know? :this:
Alshain

Post by Alshain »

I have a similar experience. I had guy that seemed very helpful. He was driving around on my server doing tasks, finally he brought a tipper to me in the harvester just as I finished the field. (F19 is Sosnovka) and then drove it straight into the river with the entire crop. We were so close to the water, I couldn't get to the ban button fast enough.

Fortunately I know how to edit the XML file to bring it back onto dry land without losing the crop but it is still annoying to have to shut down the server, edit the file, then restart the server again.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Alshain wrote:

I have a similar experience. I had guy that seemed very helpful. He was driving around on my server doing tasks, finally he brought a tipper to me in the harvester just as I finished the field. (F19 is Sosnovka) and then drove it straight into the river with the entire crop. We were so close to the water, I couldn't get to the ban button fast enough.

Fortunately I know how to edit the XML file to bring it back onto dry land without losing the crop but it is still annoying to have to shut down the server, edit the file, then restart the server again.
Off topic ...
Would it be possible to add an "invisible fence" around the water, that is activated in MP ... and only allow players to drive (to collect water) so far, that the vehicle can not "drown"!?
REBELLIOUSSNESS

Post by REBELLIOUSSNESS »

FarmerRinsible wrote:So I'm on xbox one and I like to meet new people on Fs but I can't most of the time because they keep rejecting my request to join. Before u say I know it's their game but i have say this why u play multiplayer if your not going to play with anyone. Sorry for the rant it needs to come out.
I have recently started playing FS17 . If you want to play together or something message me .
Alshain

Post by Alshain »

W1der wrote: Off topic ...
Would it be possible to add an "invisible fence" around the water, that is activated in MP ... and only allow players to drive (to collect water) so far, that the vehicle can not "drown"!?
I was kind of thinking the same thing. If the pressure washer can restrict movement, you would think a mod could make use of that.

I mean, unless the vehicle has a water trailer or logging trailer there is really no need to even get near the water.

Also, if fields can prevent you from working on them when you don't own them, you would think a mod could prevent a non-admin from plowing or cultivating a field with unharvested crop.

Those two 'features' alone would fix the majority of malicious multiplayer issues.