I figured out Multiplayer Bug!!!

SpaceShot

Re: I figured out Multiplayer Bug!!!

Post by SpaceShot »

You are ignoring the content of the post.

Earlier, this forum had users who were having trouble connecting in multiplayer. Without a shadow of a doubt, we replicated the issue involving the "Allow only friends" setting. We provided a detailed post going step by step. This seems to have helped many people, and Stegel posted that it helped them track down the bug. Stegel's post also indicates that the issue was fixed.

You'd think by now that fix would have gone out to Xbox One.

Now, my friend and I never bothered to turn back on Allow only friends. We kept using a password and stuck with it for no reason other than inertia. What we had was working fine and we were happy to help track down the precise issue.

With all the problems I've pointed out in another thread, my friend and I decided we would check out if Allow only friends was actually fixed. To be honest, he was very skeptical. I figured Stegel's word was good enough for me.

We repeated all the scenarios laid out above. We did it any number of times. I'm willing to bet anyone else here could replicate it, too. We did it over multiple nights, no problem. Everything still fails or works about this setting as originally pointed out. And remember, Stegel said our work helped them track down the bug.

The point was to say: 'You know, you didn't actually address this." It also really points out that no one at GIANTS software is listening anymore. No problems are being addressed, even when you have someone like me who posts pretty detailed replication reports and really wants to help.

Let's be honest... you continue to post that everything is fine and it has to be random bad luck with your internet setup. At this point, we all can have little faith in that and see it for what it is, a deflection and a talking point. I'm sorry you aren't getting any support in your role as Moderator. I am sure you are doing the best you can.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya just getting into multiplayer as some of my friends got the game, this will help thanks
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Missempire

Post by Missempire »

How do u set it 2 "allow friends" 2 off....i cant find it anyway on steam nor on FS15 and FS17 on computer
markare

Post by markare »

On the multiplayer setup screen there should be an option to allow friends only.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

I can't find a 'allow friends' option on PC mp, there is an option 'accept automatically' or something like that, which can be turned on and off.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
SL4Y3R1989

Post by SL4Y3R1989 »

I jave experienced another issue with multiplayer.

@Gaints please could you elaborate on this.

I have 2 friends, staying together and share the same connection.

One can or the other can join but blocks out the other friend.

Is this due to same breakout ip of the connection/isp which multiplayer servers seens as one active connection and does not allow multiple connection from one isp/connection to access multiplayer.

Your help will be much appreciated.

I have tried multiple settings and only one friend can join. The other sees the game but cant connect.

Current settings is:
Password: off
Accept requests: on
Allow friends only: off
Rest is standard